No announcement yet.

One False Step (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rewatching Season 2 to get my SG-1 fix now that fall hiatus has begun and in the context of some of the heavier episodes that preceded it, this one is a nice "breather" for the team (and viewers). I admire TPTB for trying something distinctly different (as they did often during the early years) even though this episode is far from the most satisfying in S2. The "team" feel is very strong here, too.
    END OF LINE

Comment

The aliens in this one remind me of extras from Cirque de Soleil (spelling totally off, I'm sure)--you know, the circus that's on Bravo. I keep expecting them to start backflipping or something.

Comment

Not much else to add that hasn't been so eloquently put already. A strange episode, slow but watchable. The plant things are weird as are the alien guy things.
        The pastel people about sums them up lol.

Comment

i found this episode interesting, really good and some funny bits. the whole alien race was funny.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to express my intense dislike for this episode.
            The stupid naked white plant people just bugged the hell outta me.
            I have the season on DVD and this is the only episode I've been unable to watch through more than once.

Comment

i liked this episode. As it showed sarcasm between Daniel and Jack.
              However I got to admit it was boring.
              I guess the main funny was when Daniel was running around a hovel pretending to be an aeroplane.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

A show I’d managed to not catch until I got the DVD’s. And now I see why I didn’t miss much…. Although the Daniel/Jack bickering was priceless…

Jack: “I agree with you. But I haven't had the brilliant revelations you seem to have had.”
                Daniel: “Maybe you could try something a little bit better than inappropriate sarcasm.”
                Jack: “You want sarcasm? Nice to meet you.”

Daniel: “What's that supposed to mean?”
                Jack: “It means that on a good day you can be a little flaky.”
                Daniel: “And on a good day you can be a little ignorant and condescending.”
                Jack: “Not condescending. You're obviously misreading a basic philosophical difference of opinion on how to handle a crisis.”
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I thought this was a good episode. Daniel was so mad at daniel. the way daniel was expresing his anger in the weird planet was so funny. but it's true jack doesn't take daniel very seriously that's what frustrates daniel. I didn't like jacks attitude he seem so careless. it seem like he didn't really care if those people live or die even if it were his fault. i know it wasn't but what if they were i don't think he would care much. it was weird to see their hearth in their stomachs. I don't think it made very much sense for them to live because of a noice.

Comment

Horrible ep. If it weren't for Bane this would be the worse ep. So boring through out the whole ep. I only just started to care for the little men but it was obvious that the plants some how were involved in making them sick.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
                      Actually I found this episode quite humorous. It had some great quotes in it, and some funny moments. Daniel's :see see see see Jack's: Fine, knock yourself out. Go ahead, go play in the street. Don't forget your sunblock. And the whole scene in the infirmary. I don't know. Maybe I have an odd sense of humor but I thought the ep. was good.
                      That's two with the odd sense of humor. This ep cracked me up. Yeah, the plot sort of stunk, but the interactions were so well choreographed that I can more or less forgive TPTB. Team interactions are everything. And I loved the part where Sam confessed to talking to her plants.

Comment

I thought this episode was great. The Daniel and Jack scenes definately deserve rewatching, and the whole team was very good. I loved the argument between daniel and jack - angry daniel jumping up and down was hilarious. I also loved the scene in the infirmary:
                        J: listen, i errr-
                        D: no no- erm.... sorry, you were gonna say...
                        J: no- well its just that, err, well, you know...
                        D: I know, I know. You know that I..?
                        J: I know... Its obvious that there's something-
                        D: something wrong with us.
                        J: yep
                        D: physically
                        Janet enters: Well, there's nothing wrong with you.
                        D: What?
                        Janet: I ran every test i could, short of exploratory brain surgery, and you're both in perfect health.
                        Jack: huh...

It takes on a whole new perspective if you've been reading too much slash fanfiction!

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

This episode had its amusing parts, but overall I found it pretty pointless and without major sources of interest. One of my least favourite of the season.

Comment

With the location of the aliens, (and the UAV), being 10 miles from the gate, I thought that the team should have some kind of ground transportation, like a small dune buggy or something, that they can use on the planets to explore further from the gate, without having to have these long walks.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                              Not a bad way of showing what can go wrong with gate travel.
                              I just think it's a bit too fantasious and strange, I just didn't like it.
                              I believe that just a virus could have been enough, all that sound jambo mambo... I didn't buy it.

And though I believe that talking to plants help them grow, what does it has to do with Sam asking the rest of the team to step aside???
                              Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                              (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

I liked some of the lines in this episode but overall it was a horrible episode one of my least favorites.
                                Just my humble 18 year old conservative opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X