Serpent's Song (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starscape91 View Post
    In this episode we kind of got to explore the dark side of sg-1. You could tell that all of them wanted Apophis to die most of them wanted to be the ones to actually kill him. I think Janets the only one that actually cared if he lived or died.
    Yep, Janet stands by her oath...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Alright episode, like the part when Apophis die.
      Pure host, weird that they just stopped the attack..

Comment

Just saw this episode last night for the first time. I really enjoyed the story, I was quite surprised to see Apophis in the state he was in, I wasn't really surprised that they brought him back from the dead though. As an aside I think it would make an interesting short story to see Apophis taking the host.

Comment

This episode was kind of creepy, given that every single person except Dr. Fraisier is all but rubbing their hands in glee at the idea of the snakehead kicking it. The dying Apophis looks downright freaky...like a mummy with open eyes and hair....*shudders*

But at last, Apophis is no more! Or, is he...? *insert dramatic music*
          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

He has tried killing SG1 on multiple occasions. Why would they care if he died or not?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I rewatched this episode last night and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Watching Apophis decay into a husk makes for some uncomfortable viewing. Also sets things up nicely in regards to Sokar and the Stargate as a piece of technology.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                He has tried killing SG1 on multiple occasions. Why would they care if he died or not?
                Maybe cause we are 'supposed to be the heroes' we should have had more compassion??

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  ...I thought they had this conversation in the actual episode... where they explained why...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I felt bad for the host
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Maybe cause we are 'supposed to be the heroes' we should have had more compassion??
                      It makes no sense to have compassion for a mass murderer. It would like being sad when those US troops killed Osma Bin Laden. I hate in to bring into politics but that seems like a good analogy
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

True.. but take a look at our rules of engagement.. note how we treat prisoners, even ones who just got done killing or fellow troops...

Comment

I can't believe that there are so many eps of S2 that I haven't seen, or haven't seen all the way through and this was one.

so... why was the Iris lit up in a nice geometric pattern when it was hot?
                          Why is it always Siler (and why when it was so hot in the gateroom and they had to wait for their opportunity to dial out, didn't they exchange the teams fighting the heat to give them a break?)

Loved that they gave the GDO to the Tok'ra only after the Tok'ra gave them their equivalent of a GDO

I've never really rated Christopher Judge, basically because I don't really take much notice of Teal'c, but in this one I really noticed how well he portrays everything merely through very tiny changes in his expression.

I loved how they were all conflicted about torturing Apophis. It's a sign of our humanity that we don't agree to torture, kill or maim our prisoners no matter what they have done. We administer legal punishment after due process, and our prisoners are accorded the same rights that we give ourselves: defence etc.

It's difficult for some people to get their heads around this, but if you spend a lot of time studying things like military law and procedures and the Geneva conventions (and what happens when those are not in place) it's easier to understand why the military are very keen on that kind of thing. And it is then very easy to see why things like the Abu Graib photos are so awful.

It was a really interesting ep, but with hindsight (and having seen all the later eps) it's not really convincing (do I still have to do this for S2? just in case)
                          Spoiler:
                          that Apophis is dead, and Martouf says that Sokar will probably revive him in a sarc
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

As we saw with Oneill and Ba'al, killing/reviving via a sarc is one of the best forms of torture they have!

Comment

yes but at this stage we only know that with hindsight. At the time when it was first aired (and on a rewatch) it seems a huge waste of technology to me
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                                yes but at this stage we only know that with hindsight. At the time when it was first aired (and on a rewatch) it seems a huge waste of technology to me
                                What does? Using the sarcophagus to revive your enemy and torture them over and over for your pleasure? Considering the lifespan of a Goa'uld (who has access to a sarcophagus) I'm not surprised at all, as the sarcophagi seem to have an almost unlimited energy source and there is only so much entertainment for Goa'uld. Unfortunately for some, torturing enemies is one of them.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X