No announcement yet.

Serpent's Song (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was just on again tonight. What a great one! It was the best episode made for showing the difference between the Goa'uld symbiote and the host. I am right there with Daniel in wanting to kill him. Daniel's reaction is the most telling of everyone's because you expect the anger from Teal'c and you expect the coldness from O'Neill, but to see Daniel threatening to kill someone...whew! And then a few minutes later? You meet the host and do a complete 180, wanting so badly to help him!! Very powerful. It makes you want to cry when you find out the poor host will be resurrected.

And Daniel is a linguist again! (insert the Snoopy Happy Dance here)

Comment

^i agree, it was nice seeing apophis's host, i feel bad 4 him!

Comment

Awesome episode, with Apophis on his deathbed, and the host reawakening after thousands of years. Wow. And we're intoduced to a bigger, badder Goauld. They keep getting worse . . .

I really enjoy the episodes where SG1 has to match wits with the bad guys. Carter developed a faster dialup program, which is cool. But I wonder if there were other options. I was thinking SG1 might try something with the second stargate they found in Antarctica. Perhaps bring stargate #2 to SGC and position it next to stargate #1. Then dial up a lifeless planet from stargate #2 (they found quite a few barren worlds in Solitudes), open the iris on stargate #1, and let Sokar's radiation burst safely funnel into the second wormhole.

So when SG1 beats Sokar in the race to dial up a wormhole, which planet did SG1 dial up? If they dialed up the planet where Apophis crashed couldn't the enemy march through the stargate to Earth now that a wormhole is established?

Comment

Apophis finally dies and on Earth
          But we all know we will see him again
          It was funny to see one of the most feared Goauld screaming for help and being scared
          Must of been really bad for the host to wake up after thousands of years of torment to find hes about to die
          Overall good episode
          Liked the beginning bit
          And also we learn about Sokar, a new threat
          Spoiler:
          We finally see him in Season 3 Episode = Jolinars Memories, but he dont last long as SG1 deal with him in Part 2 and add him to their list of dead Goauld Episode = The Devil You Know. We also learn that Apophis is still alive
          His ship gets destroyed when SG1 blow up Netu and Apophis escapes and absorbs Sokars army

Comment

I liked the dark side of Daniel we saw when he spoke to Apophis. It gave me chills.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ents-song.html
            My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
            http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really liked blank in this episode, especially when he yells at them asking why they don't understand the danger they are in. I usually hate the Tok'ra, but they were right on in this episode. First of all we never should have brought him back to earth. I mean the threat of him having a weapon of mass destruction on him like Rya'c in "Family" alone should have dissuaded them.Thank goodness they came to their senses and turned over Apophis, at this point in time they were nowhere near ready to defend themselves against Sokar.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                I really liked blank in this episode, especially when he yells at them asking why they don't understand the danger they are in.
                "Blank"? Do you mean Lantash?
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                  "Blank"? Do you mean Lantash?
                  Haha ya I always type blanks in place of peoples names that I don't know how to spell and then after I finish my post I go back and check the spelling of the name. I guess I forgot this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

it's kinda sad that apophis is dead. even dying, he was still arrogant and self-important. a very formidable enemy. gotta give the baddie some respect.

would a new host save the symbiote? i thought janet said that the symbiote was sicker one. there were all these lesions as shown in the monitor. how will a new host cure those?
                    Last edited by L E E; 06 July 2008, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                      would a new host save the symbiote? i thought janet said that the symbiote was sicker one. there were all these lesions as shown in the monitor. how will a new host cure those?
                      A new host would provide shelter for the symbiote to heal itself, when in the damaged body it had to focus on healing itself and the body. The lesions were bad but the healing powers of a Goa'uld symbiote definitely could have fixed them had the host been healthy.
                      sigpic

Comment

ok. Got a technical question here. How did Sokar know that SG-1 has an iris in their stargate? Only Goa'uld who saw their stargate after Iris was fixed was Hathor. And she didn't communicate with the rest of the Goa'uld from what we saw in Season 2 ending. So how come Sokar knows? And most importantly, how did he know what was the gap between the Iris and the gate and what kind of particle beam he should use? And then again, did he have one already done?

Comment

Remember he tortured apophis before he got free. So one can expect it was apophis who told him of our iris since it was he who captured SG13 iirc for forming up that one planet we saw in rules of engagement.

Comment

Great ep!!! Peter Williams did a fantastic job playing the host too. Too bad they didnt save him. He & Daniel could talk non stop for DAYS about ancient Egypt. Daniel really would be like a kid in a candy store. Haha! but l really enjoyed Apophis suffer, I love hating that guy. It was a good ep for Janet too. One of her shining moments as the wonderful Dr she is.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
                              Great ep!!! Peter Williams did a fantastic job playing the host too. Too bad they didnt save him. He & Daniel could talk non stop for DAYS about ancient Egypt. Daniel really would be like a kid in a candy store. Haha! but l really enjoyed Apophis suffer, I love hating that guy. It was a good ep for Janet too. One of her shining moments as the wonderful Dr she is.
                              Yes, when Daniel is put into situations like that, he does seem like a kid in a candy store. Sometimes I think Jack just wanted to put a sock in Daniel's mouth when he gets like that... Janet is a great doc...Don't think she can ever be replaced

Comment

Another great episode, although I guess you could say I am imparsial to Goa'uld episodes, especially Apophis episodes. I probably like him because he was the first Goa'uld we ever saw in Stargate SG1.

Great acting by well everyone really.

Teal'c was quiet smug about the impending death of Apophis something we haven't seen from him before but I guess it's because he has wanted to see the downfall of the fall gods for so long it is now finally happening - well at least to one.

I love the special effects when Jack went through the gate backwards and all the iris and gate effects in this episode.

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                                I really liked blank in this episode, especially when he yells at them asking why they don't understand the danger they are in. I usually hate the Tok'ra, but they were right on in this episode. First of all we never should have brought him back to earth. I mean the threat of him having a weapon of mass destruction on him like Rya'c in "Family" alone should have dissuaded them.Thank goodness they came to their senses and turned over Apophis, at this point in time they were nowhere near ready to defend themselves against Sokar.
                                That's what makes us human and different from everyone else are level of compassion. Even to our greatest enemy (at the time) we still gave him Sanctuary and treated his injuries as best we could, if we didn't then we really would be no better then the Goa'ulds themselves.

The ending is such a let down (but oh so cool because it set-ups up a great story arc) you finally think he is dead and then we learn he will just be brought back to life again - making it possible we could see him again.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Working...
                                X