No announcement yet.

The Tok'ra, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't forgotten that - honest, Heru'ur's First Prime!

My post was based on the argument that the Goa'uld Kordesh has abandoned the host and moved on to another one - leaving the ex-host to fend for himself.

Of course, the alternative is that Kordesh hasn't moved on, merely 'passed the baton' on to another embedded Goa'uld (the one with the female host). He gets cornered, thinks 'Oh, [insert appropriate rude word here] they've found me out - if they think they're gonna get anything out of me they can stuff it. Bugger the host' and lets the tunnel swallow the pair of them up. It's quite possible that it won't be as horrible a death for the symbiote as it is for the host, so Kordesh doesn't care.

If we assume that, though, it leaves us with the rather awkward premise of there being two Goa'uld operatives hiding in the Tok'ra base - and that begs some pretty serious questions about Tok'ra security issues...
    sigpic

Comment

aah, they can't all perfect

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Offhand, the Tok'ra seem to have security issues coming out their ears. Remember 'Summit' and 'Last Stand', not to mention 'Death Knell' and a whole host [pun not intended] of other eps? Perhaps the 'open' atmosphere of their society actually encourages secrecy, instead of discouraging it--hence the numerous security problems.

Comment

I'm glad they had this two-parter on the Tokra as it covered a lot of background on them. I think jacob (the serious one) and martouf (he who grins like a loon) were great. I think they had an instant likeableness(?) which made later episodes, which they were in, a lot more enjoyable.
          It was also a good episode for sam as she had an interest outside of SG1 for the story to focus on.

Comment

I always got a bit nervous of Martouf when he smiled - it often looked as though he was about to go for someone's neck...

While that sounds like I don't like him - don't get me wrong, I do. Without him, the alliance between the Tok'ra and the Tauri might well never have got off the ground at all. I suppose there's an element of personal involvement on his part, what with Sam having been Jolinar's final host, but he still went out to bat for them. Given how the Tok'ra first viewed the Tauri visitors, that was a bit of a leap in the dark.

He's another character I'll always welcome on my TV screen.
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Chaka's_Mum]I always got a bit nervous of Martouf when he smiled - it often looked as though he was about to go for someone's neck...

QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that u say that it kinda does doesn't it! LOL!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Oi oi people! Matt G needs more help with his website(a preliminary version of which should HOPEFULLY be online on the weekend).

Problem: Tok'ra part 2 is the only SG1 ep that I have NEVER seen in full(this is what happens when you watch S2 out of sequence, you get to know Jacob pretty well BEFORE you're introduced to him for the first time. Nuff said). Therefore, I am not really in a position to do a detailed episode synopsis for this ep(relying completely on a transcript would kinda take the mick IMO). So if anyone is up for writing a GOOD synopsis for this ep, either pm or email me.

Thanks in advance
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                  2 of my favorite charachters came out of this ep. Jacob and Martouf.
                  Spoiler:
                  Of course both are now dead.
                  Mine too. Jacob especially. I thought Martouf was a nice character, but Jacob was one of my all time favourites.
                  Spoiler:
                  I'll miss him alot

Comment

Good second part, well scripted and well acted a very good episode

Comment

I thought it was a lot better than the first part

Comment

The better of the two parts. It was nice to see the beginning of Jacob Carter as a Tok'ra.
                        ...it never ends.

Comment

Yep I loved how his arthritis was gone after the blending.
                          sigpic

Comment

it was great to see that to tok'ra finally decided to join with us and seeing selmak blend with jacob was a good scene and i like the part after he got off the table and was happy his illness where cured
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ya we finally have a totaly useless relationship, didn't I just say that was a good scene?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                                it was great to see that to tok'ra finally decided to join with us and seeing selmak blend with jacob was a good scene and i like the part after he got off the table and was happy his illness where cured
                                Knowing the Tok'ra as we do, I suspect they probably see it more as letting us join with them!

All a matter of perception, I suppose...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X