The Tok'ra, Part 1 (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah i agree,

i thought the tunnel creating thing was a cool effect!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Certainly was - which made that moment when the tunnel swallowed Kordesh all the more chilling. It looked so real that you couldn't help but shout 'Gerrout the way!!!' at him. Brrr.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
        Certainly was - which made that moment when the tunnel swallowed Kordesh all the more chilling. It looked so real that you couldn't help but shout 'Gerrout the way!!!' at him. Brrr.
        Kordesh was very brave!

what did you think of the whole crystal look?

the first time i saw it .....i.....i dunno, it was unexpected

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

I have to admit that I haven't really thought about it before. Though it seems really funky to me that they have crystals that can talk to rocks!

I love the multicoloured crystals that they use to power the ships, though. They look like bright translucent sticks of blackpool rock. Indeed, you could almost believe that, if they bust one in half, it'll have 'souvenir of Netu' or something written all the the way through it...
          sigpic

Comment

I really like this episode. Mainly because I like the Tok'ra, although I must admit that they did seem a bit too hostile at times in this ep....But still, another fave of mine from the second season. I loved part 2 aswell

Comment

Tok'ra eh, resitance you say, want to be allies!, they are creepy and when you look at future episodes of their bases this ep looks dated

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
                I really like this episode. Mainly because I like the Tok'ra, although I must admit that they did seem a bit too hostile at times in this ep....But still, another fave of mine from the second season. I loved part 2 aswell
                To be honest, I wasn't in the least bit surprised by the Tok'ra's hostility to the Tauri in this ep. They have to be hostile and suspicious - after all, they're being hunted ruthlessly by the Goa'uld (and have been for who knows how long), and the last thing they need is to open up their base to a bunch of strangers who may or may not be planted spies (and having a Jaffa with them is a pretty much instant blot on their copybook from the Tok'ra viewpoint ).

They're going to need time to get to know this new facet of the Tauri. Until that time, we were just a bunch of less advanced folk who were just bunging the odd rocket into orbit now and again. Suddenly, we're making our debut on the Galactic stage, and (as everyone is when they're working with something new) we're being somewhat clumsy about it.

The purpose of an Alliance is to balance 'what's in it for me/what's in it for them' to something approaching mutual advantage for both parties. As far as the Tok'ra are concerned, these visitors have absolutely nothing to offer them other than a source of potential hosts - which they immediately, and completely, refuse to do. Why would they want to get involved with these people?

It's going to take a bit of time for both sides to get to know each other better - and it adds a nice edge of realism for the Tok'ra to be so edgy when SG1 first arrive. I prefer them that way.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it was an alright episode but it just did not have that good of a cliffhanger

Comment

Among other things, I liked that at the beginning of the episode Sam actually looked like she had been sleeping & maybe having nightmares. Usually characters on shows have perfect hair when they wake up.

Comment

Like on Dynasty when they used to wake up with perfect hair and perfect makeup - and not a single crease in their incredibly expensive looking night attire either!

Those were the days...

Oops. Showing my age now.

Anyway, back to topic; I suppose the cliffhanger did come across as a bit understated, but it's a terrible dilemma for Sam - unable to leave even though her father is dying, and she might never get the chance to say goodbye before he passes away. Given the thorniness of their relationship at the time, it must have been pretty unpleasant. Okay, the fates of whole worlds don't hang on this, but it's a cliffhanger on a deeply personal level for one of the central characters.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess it was a good prelude to the better Tok'ra part 2. I enjoyed watching nonetheless.
                        ...it never ends.

Comment

O come on it was great!!
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah it was a great episode

Comment

another first contact that went bad but it worked out in the end
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I rewatched this a couple days ago and can't seem to get it out of my mind. Does anyone know where they filmed this? On a different thread everyone said ALL the episodes were filmed in/around Vancouver but this terrain looks different. Is there a huge sandpit or something around Vancouver?

Comment

Working...
                                X