Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
    True. Not sure I'd want to see a bloke dressed like that though...
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Aw, come on. It'd be funny! "Kneel before the god in the bikini!"

Comment

Ack. Well that just put me off my breakfast...

sigpic

Comment

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
            Ack. Well that just put me off my breakfast...

Excellent. My work here is done.

Comment

Great Epsidoe, written well and the cast just seem to get everything right

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                Great Epsidoe, written well and the cast just seem to get everything right
                Exactly what I was gonna put.........ya know I just recently started watching all these old episodes again and there is just so many long stretching storylines that really added to the show. (Sha're, Apophis, Sam's Dad, discovering tech, Maybourne, Tealc getting himself accustomed to earth life...)

Comment

This episode seemed very inconsistent. Why didn't Daniel and Teal'c take Sha're to Simmeria and use Thor's Hammer to kill the Goa'uld inside of her? By this time, the Asgard had come back to Simmeria to destroy the residing Goa'uld and said they would replace Thor's Hammer with a new one(that would recognize Teal'c as a friendly). So what happened?!?
                  "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

The baby could have died.
                    sigpic

Comment

How? The Goa'uld was inactive. Why would the baby die if the Goa'uld was killed? And they never mentioned that in the show, either.

Baltar for President.

Comment

When teal'c went in thors hammer it caused him extreme pain that much pain would probably kill a baby.
                        sigpic

Comment

maybe they werent stupid enough to consider it.
                          sigpic

Comment

But Teal'c was a Jaffa, he had a Goa'uld larva, Sha'ra was a full-fledged Goa'uld, just like that other lady of Simmeria that used to be a Goa'uld. The first time they went to Simmeria nad learned of what Thor's Hammer could do, Daniel immediatly wanted to use it on SHa'ra, just like Jack wanted to use it on Scara(sp?). Its not like the writers didn't think of it, it was just inconsistent, and actually kind of aggravating to watch after seeing the Simmeria episodes not long before.

Baltar for President.

Comment

They siad that when they did not know shara was pregnent they probably would have took the risk if she wasnt. And the fact that she is a gou'ld has nothing to do with it the other lady was a gou'ld and she said it caused her great pain.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'd go with captain jake on this one - there are some things you just can't risk when there's a baby involved.

Bungy jumping, for example.

Seriously, though; tempting as it might be, the sheer physical strain that Sha're would experience as the Thor's Hammer device eradicates Ammonet could have disastrous consequences. Severe stress and high blood pressure are considered Very Bad Things in the delivery room. The device itself wouldn't harm the child - but Sha're's physical response to the removal of Ammonet by the device very possibly could.

As an option, taking Sha're to Cimmeria just wasn't viable given the amount of time they had, the risks to the baby, the probable consequences for the people of Abydos if they did run off with her, and the likelihood of really getting up the collective noses of the Asgard by rushing back there with a seriously hacked-off System Lord on their heels only a few weeks after our Nordic-Style-Little-Grey-Allies have cleaned up the mess from their last visit. It's not likely that Apophis could actually do any harm to the people of Cimmeria, but it's the principle, y'know.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X