No announcement yet.

Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammond might just have been put before the facts: the reporter was removed, deal with it. He ain't at the very top of command here after all, from what we saw in Bane his jurisdiction ends as far as the base perimeter ends.
    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I always figured it was the NID, rather than Hammond (or whoever else might be in charge of keeping the SGC top secret).
      Such as, say, the President? I see it as being ordered by someone above Hammond without his knowledge. Someone who is also required to keep the existence of the Stargate secret.
      Any thoughts as to who the leak is? I think they mentioned Kinsey, but that doesn't seem quite right to me. I'm trying to think who would have the most to gain from leaking the info but all I can think is someone did it for money. A rogue NID agent perhaps?

Comment

Perhaps he picked it up via listening into cel phone communications or having a tap on some emails??

Comment

Perhaps the accident was sheer coincidence - well, a written-in coincidence?
          Many secrets and much information in this ep - none of my favourites.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

With the way the vehicle sounded like it was deliberately speeding UP before the 'hit', then tires squealing as it sped away, i doubt it was an accident/coincidence..

Comment

There are no coincidences in television. Plus, the way Gen. Hammond emphasized that it was an accident made it seem more like passing on an order than true belief.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Jack's reactions always gave me the impression that he felt responsible, which also made me think he thought it wasn't an accident.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Perhaps he picked it up via listening into cel phone communications or having a tap on some emails??
                  Did they have cell phones in 1998?

Comment

Cell phones since the 80s
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Did they have cell phones in 1998?
                      Just watch the X Files, you see the evolution of cell phones through the 1990's on that!

Comment

I liked it, even if Sam's dad got on my nerves. It's cool to rewatch now that I know what's coming...
                        sigpic

Comment

I think they way they portrayed Jacob in this episode was supposed to explain why Sam is the way she is. She had to buck him all her life to do what she wanted, which (because she loved him) was to do what he did. She probably spent a lot of time trying to get him to admit he loved her and that he was proud of her.

After the blending, I think the presence of his symbiote mellows him quite a bit, and she finally gets to begin to have the relationship with Jacob she always wanted.

All of which is to say that I think they deliberately made him difficult to like in this episode.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

^I agree.

Comment

I agree with both of you too. He definitely mellows quite a bit later.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was kind of surprised that Jack called Sam by her first name when he handed her her drink at the reception. I figured that he'd maintain rank at a formal military event.

Comment

Working...
                                X