Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlw View Post
    At the end, was Ammonet really so weak that she would let Sha're prevent her from revealing Daniel's position or was there something else going on.
    I always thought it was a 'you helped me so now we're even kind of thing'... But there are a few reasons... Skaara seemed to be able to communincate with Klorel...so maybe Sha're had something to do with it. My guess was that they stopped Heru'ur getting the child, so she was grateful for that...and maybe if they failed to find the child, that she'd know where to find Daniel for that information... but in saying that Daniel professed his love for Sha're quite loudly, so maybe it was something to do with that too? ... or just the fact that Daniel delivered the child safely?....

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I don't see why Sam just didn't tell her dad that she is part of something big and covert and more exciting than anything she could do at NASA. he's a General FCOL so there is some leeway with his vetting and so on.

I've often wondered about the "accident" - I wonder if General Hammond really would lie to O'Neill about that.

Loved the "O'Neill with two Ls" thing - heh heh heh

But oh my. What is it with Stargate and Hats? Sam & Jack are bimbling around outside in Washington DC and they don't wear their uniform hats. PUT YOUR HEADDRESS ON ALREADY!
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
        But oh my. What is it with Stargate and Hats? Sam & Jack are bimbling around outside in Washington DC and they don't wear their uniform hats. PUT YOUR HEADDRESS ON ALREADY!
        Last edited by hedwig; 29 December 2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

If that turns out to be a screenshot from Solitudes... I will be Very Cross Indeed

ETA: yes, they did for one shot, but every other time they were incorrectly dressed. Grrr

sigpic

Comment

If that turns out to be a screenshot from Solitudes... I will be Very Cross Indeed

ETA: yes, they did for one shot, but every other time they were incorrectly dressed. Grrr
            I don't think they were wearing their dress blues while stranded and nearly dying on Antarctica...
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

no but they were in the snow without hats on... (it's a loooong story)

sigpic

Comment

In the episode where Sha're is buried, Hammond, Jack, Sam, and Janet are all wearing their uniforms and hats.

And in the episode where they went to Omoc's funeral, both Sam and Jack were wearing their uniforms and hats.

In Desperate Measures and 2001, Jack was wearing his uniform in a limo and at the Pentagon; is he supposed to wear the hat inside both of those?

What other scenes were they outside and not wearing their hats?

Comment

sorry I even mentioned it. It's a very old (and not funny) joke.

sigpic

Comment

I'm with MC. Jack takes his cover off and it disappears for the rest of the episode. For all the hats Jack wears, his formal cover has a way of disappearing when it shouldn't.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm sensitive to the headdress issue - especially when in barrack dress or Nr 2s (not sure what the USAF version is, Service Dress?) having been shouted at enough for not putting mine on (hehe)

sigpic

Comment

I've often wondered about the "accident" - I wonder if General Hammond really would lie to O'Neill about that.
                        Intentionally... doubt it.

Comment

It's all about family in this one. Carter and her dad, Daniel and Sha're. And Heru'ur and his Horus guards are back... yay!

I really like the design of that helmet. It's totally awesome.

Poor Daniel -- he gets to have Sha're back for a few days, and then he has to give her back to Amaunet and Apophis. But she damn well knew they were hiding there and didn't reveal that bit of information to the snake, so there is hope yet. A fool's hope (as we will learn, but hope nonetheless)...

Jack excusing himself at the reception has me in stitches every single time.

"General. Captain. General... Waiter!"

And Carter needed a hug. It must be so hard for her not to reveal to her father that what she's doing is so much cooler than NASA.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Secrets, secrets, secrets... Secrets everywhere...

Apophis trying to breed his new host in secret, with Teal'C and Daniel keeping the secret that child was not taken by Heru'Ur from Apophis, not without help of Amaunet, I gotta say. She might have surely had some kind of her own plans for the kid, hence she didn't tell the guards that SG-1 was there, IMO.

Sam keeping SG program from her dad, no matter how bad it hurts them both, and yes, Jacob is a right <censored> in this episode, but surely terminal disease can make you cranky, right?

Jack keeping the secret of SG program from the nosy reporter. I've paused the video on the frames with the car hitting him. There's a man-in-black clearly seen in the car, two of them in fact, so yes, I prefer to think that the nosy reporter was removed, to keep the things under the lid.

There was plenty of the emotional, dramatical and action packed scenes in this one. Watching Teal'C trick Heru'Ur never gets old, especially the push-in-kawoosh scene. As for why he (Heru'Ur) escapes again - the snakes are cowardly, he felt he's getting out of his league here, so he preferred to chicken out and save his behind.

Also, dragging Sha'Re to Cimmeria for a quick Hammer fix would be a real bad idea with her pregnancy, plus Daniel's head was surely fogged.

All in all, a great episode.

Rating: 9/10
                            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Jack keeping the secret of SG program from the nosy reporter. I've paused the video on the frames with the car hitting him. There's a man-in-black clearly seen in the car, two of them in fact, so yes, I prefer to think that the nosy reporter was removed, to keep the things under the lid.
                              To be honest, with how the SGC seemed to be prior to that incident, i was hoping they were not going to be as 'kill any leaks' way as other 'secret govt projects' were.. But that dashed those hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                To be honest, with how the SGC seemed to be prior to that incident, i was hoping they were not going to be as 'kill any leaks' way as other 'secret govt projects' were.. But that dashed those hopes.
                                I always figured it was the NID, rather than Hammond (or whoever else might be in charge of keeping the SGC top secret).
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X