Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    Oh please, it was too coincidental to be an accident. And I'm not one of those crazy people that sees a conspiracy every where they look, but this is too obvious. I assume they never clarified it because TPTB wouldn't want to risk putting the USAF and other parties involved in a bad light.
    we know hammond never would have ordered it. Don't think he had the connections anyway. The big unanswered question is 'who did?'

the leak that fed him the info?
    Kinsey and the NID? who maybe knew they'd lose their hold on the project if it went public.
    someone higher up that wanted the secret kept?

In some ways it was a bit of a turning point in the show in that the stargate was shown to be less a fun lark and adventure and more a serious project and program.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hammond would have never ordered it, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't. I mean, Samuels and Maybourne were far less ethical and they were USAF too. It's possible others who either supported the Program or had different reasons for it not to be made public arranged the 'accident'.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes! I fell in love (or just seriously like?) with Daniel. I have a large soft heart for tragic romances. So my favorite parts were on Abydos.

The off-scene story is also interesting. Michael Shanks and Vaitiare Bandera were a couple, and VB was pregnant with Michael's baby. I also heard that, between takes, MS & VB were talking to the baby, asking her to not come out yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
          Remember I was watching S4 + the midchunk of S2 at the same time(on different channels). I already knew Jacob would go on to join the Tok'ra and have his cancer cured. So what was meant to be a big dramatic moment just didn't work for me.
          Oh yeah, I guess that's a fair point. Sorry about that...
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            Remember I was watching S4 + the midchunk of S2 at the same time(on different channels). I already knew Jacob would go on to join the Tok'ra and have his cancer cured. So what was meant to be a big dramatic moment just didn't work for me.
            The ep was predictable. Halfway through I knew they were to make Jacob a Tok'ra the first time I watched it... They made it an easy guess for that by dropping all the clues like bricks...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Definitely a very memorable episode in season 2. We had two great story arcs, Daniel/Teal'c/Sha're and Sam/Jack/Jacob/Selig. In both cases we get introduced to new ideas and people that would be revisited in future episodes.

On Abydos: Glad to see Kasuf again (played by the charming Erik Avari). We find out that Sha're has been there for at least 3 months (as Kasuf said a full season) and is PREGGERS!! That was definitely shocking, especially after hearing that Apophis wanted to use the child as his future host. Poor Daniel, he was blindsided and of course would feel betrayed. I like that Teal'c went out there and talked him out of his pity party to see that this was their golden opportunity to take Sha're back to Earth. In the end, Amonet not ratting them out after she saw Daniel shows that Sha're has some control left...or at least left an imprint of her love for Daniel.

Pentagon: We finally get to meet Jacob Carter. It was very easy to see the type of relationship he and Sam have. Jacob has his say and expects Sam to be happy with the choices he makes for her life. It is probably why she is always trying to prove that she can handle and do anything that comes her way. I hated the way Jacob threw that he had cancer at Sam, and then immediately mentioned the NASA program again. I think he was just throwing a giant hissy fit that he didn't know what she was doing, but that she was willing to give up NASA for it. Yeah the cover story they are using sucks, but as a military man he should respect it and trust that Sam is happy with what she is doing. In regards to the reporter Armin, I loved how Jack was able to keep his reactions in check after he brought up the Stargate. Favorite line is "It's O'neill, with two L's"...something that continues to be said every time Jack is in trouble on Earth. His death definitely smells of a cover up, if not by the NID then by Kinsey. I also agree that it would have been interesting to keep him and see where this could have gone. An extra element to the already difficult relations the SGC has with those outside of Cheyenne Mountain.

Comment

When Daniel told General Hammond that he couldn't think of anyone he would be safer with than Teal'c, that was a great complement to Teal'c, truly showing how much Daniel trusted him. Sam's dad should have realized that she was a grown woman, and let her make her own choices about her future, rather than attempting to run her life by making them for her. Hurray for Sam for standing up to him, and not giving in to what he wanted, and staying on her own path, following her own dreams.
                I think that Jacob could have found another way to inform Sam of his cancer, as well as another place. It's a good thing that Sam knew how to control her emotions.
                "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Compared to some of the other episodes, this episode had a good amount of suspense. I was on the edge of my seat..

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I was pretty shocked when I saw Sha're, fell bad for the kid though.

Comment

It's a pretty good episode. We get an update on Sha're and her family, get to see some Sam/Jack interaction, get to meet Sam's Dad, find out some of her backstory...and see a horribly annoying reporter, the first of many trying to expose the Stargate program.

Poor Daniel! I felt so bad for the guy...he comes back and finds out his wife is pregnant by his worst enemy. OUCH! And he has to watch her be inhabited by Amonet and leave...again.

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post

The off-scene story is also interesting. Michael Shanks and Vaitiare Bandera were a couple, and VB was pregnant with Michael's baby. I also heard that, between takes, MS & VB were talking to the baby, asking her to not come out yet!
                      Wow, that must have been interesting to watch...

Director: "Take one!"
                      Michael Shanks (as Daniel) "Push!"
                      *various dialogue*
                      Director: "Cut!"
                      Michael Shanks (looking at VB's stomach): "No, kiddo. We're just acting. You stay in there, OK?"
                      "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Originally posted by Jwizzman View Post
                        cool, didn't know that but I looked it up and it's true

the only thing that bugs me about this episode is that they suddenly forgot all about thor's new hammer...why the hell didn't they go there...plain old stupid if you ask me.
                        That's what I always thought.

Comment

Yo Thor buddy, can you speed up up the repairs? It's hammer-time.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox View Post
                            Apophis could of come earlier to claim his child and then left. As for the Stargate, Her-ur knew it wasn't his troops so automatically it was enemies. Not necesarily Apophis but he could have come back for something, you never know.

Also did Sha're's dad un bury the gate early? Because he said she had been there for a season. If Apophis brought Sha're by ship then her dad would of known she wasn't herself. So how did Sha're get back?
                            I have wondered how she got there myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                              I'd go with captain jake on this one - there are some things you just can't risk when there's a baby involved.

Bungy jumping, for example.

Seriously, though; tempting as it might be, the sheer physical strain that Sha're would experience as the Thor's Hammer device eradicates Ammonet could have disastrous consequences. Severe stress and high blood pressure are considered Very Bad Things in the delivery room. The device itself wouldn't harm the child - but Sha're's physical response to the removal of Ammonet by the device very possibly could.

As an option, taking Sha're to Cimmeria just wasn't viable given the amount of time they had, the risks to the baby, the probable consequences for the people of Abydos if they did run off with her, and the likelihood of really getting up the collective noses of the Asgard by rushing back there with a seriously hacked-off System Lord on their heels only a few weeks after our Nordic-Style-Little-Grey-Allies have cleaned up the mess from their last visit. It's not likely that Apophis could actually do any harm to the people of Cimmeria, but it's the principle, y'know.
                              Yes, Apophis could have taken it out on the people of Abydos. But as for the rest. The Hammer was there to protect the Cimmerians from the Goa'uld. But it was also to free the host as well. Thor said, "Only the host may leave". She was so close to delivery, they could have taken her there after the child was born.

At the end, was Ammonet really so weak that she would let Sha're prevent her from revealing Daniel's position or was there something else going on.

Comment

Maybe Amonett picked up Sha're's feelings for daniel and reciprocated.

Comment

Working...
                                X