Thor's Chariot (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    That it was... And i actually liked the tests.. especially when the 'hologram' said there is no shame in not knowing the answer.. perhaps in time.

It was exciting to watch. But something bothers me about a 'god'-type figure putting his followers through all that to get his help, especially in such a desperate situation.
    sigpic
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
      It was exciting to watch. But something bothers me about a 'god'-type figure putting his followers through all that to get his help, especially in such a desperate situation.
      But as thor said to daniel, he did not know there was a 'desperate situation'. The Asgard thought the hammer prevented what was going on..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        But as thor said to daniel, he did not know there was a 'desperate situation'. The Asgard thought the hammer prevented what was going on..
        Point taken. But I still don't feel comfortable with the idea that it was so hard to get to him. I may be wrong, but I thought that Thor's Hammer only protected against the Goa'uld; what if there was a different danger?
        sigpic

Comment

the goa'uld were the main dominating enemy in the galaxy and were using their technology to capture and enslave humans. Thats why the hammer only sent the goa'uld away. if it was a different danger then they would be on their own.
          Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
          sigpic
          sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
            Point taken. But I still don't feel comfortable with the idea that it was so hard to get to him. I may be wrong, but I thought that Thor's Hammer only protected against the Goa'uld; what if there was a different danger?
            There really aint that many badguys in the milky way, so there couldnt be any other invaders.
            And as we've learned in later episodes the Asgard are not allowed to help with anything that would be above the said planets technological stage, which means they are not allowed to help with any natural disasters which would be the only other threat at that time.
            The moment they step in and do anything that doesnt go by the treaty the treaty cease to valid and they can't really allow that to happen.
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
              There really aint that many badguys in the milky way, so there couldnt be any other invaders.
              And as we've learned in later episodes the Asgard are not allowed to help with anything that would be above the said planets technological stage, which means they are not allowed to help with any natural disasters which would be the only other threat at that time.
              The moment they step in and do anything that doesnt go by the treaty the treaty cease to valid and they can't really allow that to happen.
              Thanks. I'm new to Stargate and have only seen up to this episode of Season 2 so far, so I didn't know about the treaty or what other baddies may or may not crop up later on. That's one thing I'm enjoying about the series, the way a new light is shed on things as it progresses.
              sigpic

Comment

I can't believe no one noticed a glaring and basic mathematical error that Sam made, and indeed the whole multi-million dollar production team made too: Sam says "Pi is the formula for finding the circumference of a circle by measuring the radius". That' incorrect - it's the ratio of the DIAMETER of a circle to its circumference, not the radius!

Morons...

Comment

Originally posted by bohemian View Post
                  I can't believe no one noticed a glaring and basic mathematical error that Sam made, and indeed the whole multi-million dollar production team made too: Sam says "Pi is the formula for finding the circumference of a circle by measuring the radius". That' incorrect - it's the ratio of the DIAMETER of a circle to its circumference, not the radius!

Morons...
                  But if you know the radius, you know the diameter (the radius is half of the diameter). So the equation can be made both ways:

Circumference = Pi x Diameter = Pi x radius x 2

I just remember that you could figure out the circumference and the area as long as you knew the radius of the cirle. (The area is Pi times the radius squared.)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

WHAAAAAAAAAT? AAHHH AAAHHH AAHH! English people English. I won't even pretend to know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      Yeah, the norse god´s are a funny choice for the good guys. As a rule they didn´t care much for the troubles of humans and only respected those that where warriors and died a weapons death. Not exactly the people you´d expect to promote peace
                      I didn't get the impression that the Asgard *were* the Norse gods to the people on this planet. Rather, the Asgard, adopted a cultural reference that would work with these people - the planet's populace already worshipped Norse gods, so the Asgard "impersonated" them (in this case, Thor) in order to relate to them.

The little grey guy probably wouldn't have gone over well whereas they almost expected to see Thor because they already had him as a regular reference. So, the Norse gods weren't "promoting peace," the Asgard were.

I liked this episode a lot. Thor, Dark Ages people, little grey men, space ships, Goa'uld technology, whole gamut. But like nearly every Stargate episode, of course, there was hokiness ... the pi thing was a little retarded to me.

But I dunno, maybe pi is supposed to be one of those universal constants that we would expect any intelligent civilization to understand the same way we do ... like the golden ratio or something.

Comment

I bet Hathor is going to be mad when she finds out her son is wearing her earrings.

My Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...s-chariot.html
                        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think the introduction to Heru'ur couldn't come at a better time, it's all about maintaining balance. See if it had been Apophis who lost another army, the audience would begin thinking that the end of the Goa'uld was coming soon. Especially seeing as how we observe the power of an extremely advanced race called the Asgard. However since it was a completely different Goa'uld with a completely different army the scales are back to even. We get the impression that the Goa'uld aren't simply a bunch of ancient Egyptian fake god's. They are an entire evil empire that spans the entire galaxy. Season by season the universe gets bigger and bigger. It usually happens slowly over a few episodes but this expansion happened all in one episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

SG1 cleans up a mess they made. Somehow, I am not surprised. I actually like that there is an ep showing the impact of some of SG1's action.

The scene where each of SG1 was taking responsibility for what happened to the planet was really amusing, especialy when it was Carter's turn.

Jaffa have bad aim.

C4s are great. Never leave home without 'em.

Woohoo! Thor and the Beliskner!

How come Thor didn't beam the goauld lord? Does his personal shield protect him from beaming also?

All in all, an exciting episode for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                              I bet Hathor is going to be mad when she finds out her son is wearing her earrings.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                                How come Thor didn't beam the goauld lord? Does his personal shield protect him from beaming also?

All in all, an exciting episode for me.
                                Probabily he did not detect him so close to the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X