Thor's Chariot (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickey23 View Post
    Any time there is even the most remote possibility that Heru'ur could get in danger, he has to flee. He is the cowardly Goa'uld system lord. When SG-1 showed up and were shooting and blowing up his Jaffa, he decided to hightail it outta there. That is how he ended up near the 'gate.
    At least, that is my guess.
    hilarious considerin he tries to project the image of the most fierce, warlike Goauld
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      This one was really kewl because we got to see Thors ship. i loved that!!
      I was awed by how large it was n how it powerful it was, specifically when it altered the atmospheric pattern; guessin Thor did that on purpose to scare the heck out of the Heru'ur n his posse.
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefreyu View Post
        Is it just me or at the end of this episode did the Asgard seem like the greatest race ever? Just came in, basically beat down everyone and left. They just seemed so strong I was like wow.
        they've such a different philo from the Ancients' no-interfering policy few people who wouldn't love the Asgard more

Comment

i saw this episode yesterday, it was awesome! i've seen it several times and i never get tired of it, it's one of my favourite episodes. I especially love the bit at the end when Thor comes with the Beliskner( or should i say chariot),.. and kick some goaúld ass!!! ...

Comment

Just rewatched this episode and I noticed a couple of inconsistancies. Gairwyn says that Kendra told her to throw the box through the Stargate, but when the team arrives she is dead and appears to have been long burried. How long did Gairwyn wait before heeding Kendra's advice? Gairwyn also says that Kendra was burried with her family, but it seemed in Thor's Hammer that she was an outcast and a loner.

Despite those nits, it's still a great episode. One thing that struck me was the juxtaposition with Thor's Hammer, where it is Teal'c and Jack in the caves, with Sam and Daniel above ground dealing with the locals. Just the opposite of what we have here.

Also, Jack's reaction to Thor is interesting. He doesn't meet Thor at this time and he even seems kind of dismissive of "the ol' guy" (while still very impressed with his ship and technology). No real indication here that the two will later become "buddies."

Comment

I liked this episode the first time I saw it. It was intriguing, but it's not one I need to revisit too often now.
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                I liked this episode the first time I saw it. It was intriguing, but it's not one I need to revisit too often now.
                I don't watch it often. But I always enjoy it when I do.

Comment

Another strong episode, I'm really intrigued by the Asgard. Thor's Chariot was really cool.

I laughed at Jackson's "I have a really bad feeling about this" too, as an old SW fan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Loved this one.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by bohemian View Post
                      I can't believe no one noticed a glaring and basic mathematical error that Sam made, and indeed the whole multi-million dollar production team made too: Sam says "Pi is the formula for finding the circumference of a circle by measuring the radius". That' incorrect - it's the ratio of the DIAMETER of a circle to its circumference, not the radius!

Morons...
                      Let us be careful not post something without thinking and attach an insult at the end.

The radius is half the diameter. There is no earthly reason why the circumference cannot be calculated from the radius (C=2 x r x pi). I think people sometimes measure the radius because it is shorter: such a consideration would be important if the object is very large (and of course long ago, measuring long distances accurately was more difficult then than now).

This brings me to a point which bothered me about the episode: the Asgardian said that the puzzle was posed to test whether the Cimmerians had become advanced enough to deal with extra-terrestrial technology, but pi was discovered by the ancient Greeks over two thousand years ago (though not in many decimal places).
                      Last edited by Tallifer; 11 September 2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

This was an interesting episode. I was thankful that the Asgardians turned out to be little grey men rather than Vikings in scale mail and funny helmets.

The final scene with the spaceship was undeniably cool.

The trials however were the usual bad television stuff, too simple. Reminded me of the dreadful puzzle-traps in "The Five Doctor" where the Master shouts to the Doctor, "It's as easy as Pi!" Mind you... I am terrible at puzzles, so I would fail every time. My point is though that any average dabbler in Sudoku would solve the typical science fiction puzzle posed by aliens. (Again, I suck at Sudoku...)

Comment

I absolutely love Gairwyn. she is so kind and strong, yet not so sure of things. I really love the two episodes about Cimmeria. Wish there'd been more.

I like how Sam is gradually learning about her "special powers" as a post-Tok'ra hostess. ; ) Not always did they get it right, but I really think that stargate is one show that tried quite hard...and overall succeeded in maintaining continuity and not dropping details. I always brag about SG to my family due to how awesome it is in that something you think means nothing...someday shows up again and is important. So many layers and great follow through. No, not everything adn they certainly dropped the ball on some stuff, but i am continually amazed and thankful when I see the continuity that is there.

I like Heru'ur. never got enough of him. love the earrings. He was unique in his own way and it would've been nice to get more of that dude. Thanks to him and his Horus guards...I never can type "hours" correctly anymore!!! Seriously, every time I type it it comes out horus!

I love when the viking dude throws the hatchet toward Jack and Teal'c. Priceless!

Awww! Our 1st Asgard! Thor rocks. meaning of life stuff indeed...finally Daniel gets his chance to interact with one of the Great Races. so much to love about this episode.

I love the conversation b/t Daniel and Jack in the hideout after they meet Thor. "You look suspiciously empty handed." and all that went after that. They are priceless.
                          I love when jack slaps Daniel when he quotes the Souix. ; )
                          Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

8.5/10

Dropped half a point for the goofy puppet. If they are going to make a puppet talk, they should at least get the mouth movement to be halfway decent. I never liked the Asgard puppets in this show.
                            Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Sam: And I was ... there

So we have met Asgard for 1st time, so to speak
                              Saved by superior beings. I miss that kind of episodes

'We must fight!'
                              'Yeah yeah yeah'

sigpic

Comment

Bringing in the Sagan Institute again...I just love that connection! Makes it seem even more centered in daily life! One of my fav eps for some of the funny lines...usually delivered by Daniel, of course! ...Shanks was busy, busy with both his own and Thor's lines.
                                Sorry that Kendra couldn't return, but really gives Sam the opportunity to learn more about her new abilities.
                                The blending of the peaceful race, the Asgards, and mythology in a storyline with more than an average amount of gun play was ironic. But definitely liked the unexpected effect of the floor dropping away that required overcoming a physical fear; and their assertiveness, pausing the hologram for time to rethink the norse message, and the Science Twins working together to solve each piece of the total puzzle. All good.

Comment

Working...
                                X