No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the sarc gives all these bad effects if you only use it when dead or seriously injured. Everything we have seen up to this episode would indicate it does not. That in those instances, it just heals you. If so, you think these people would have kept the sarc, but limited it's use to those purposes.

Comment

this was one of the worst eps i have see

storyline stupid n not done well

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
        I wonder if the sarc gives all these bad effects if you only use it when dead or seriously injured. Everything we have seen up to this episode would indicate it does not. That in those instances, it just heals you. If so, you think these people would have kept the sarc, but limited it's use to those purposes.
        The way I understand it, that works but only to an extant. You remember when Jack was being held by Baal, and he kept killing him and bringing him back? Eventually, Daniel said, Jack would cease to be Jack if he kept on going in the sarc. I figure, yes, it's alright if you're seriously injured/killed and you go in, but you can't keep doing it. Eventually, the "negative energy" from the sarc would take over.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Going into the Sarco when you're healthy causes you to get stronger, healthier and crazier.

Comment

A bit like PF Flyers (from Sandlot, I think)!

Comment

the only thing that I didn't like about this episode was the bit where Daniel and Sam where at the SGC and he goes all angry and throws stuff off the floor: poor Sam did you see her face!?!?!? I was really sad! i would have bought her millions of flowers if I were Daniel

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                Daniel should just die and stay dead. It would just be easier on the scorecard.
                Quite a few people (including myself, of course) would have a big problem with that.

As far as 'Need', this is my second least favourite episode (after Meridian). I despise what Daniel becomes in this episode, and then when he's overwhelmed with the withdrawal and everything, and cries at the end, it's all too much. I saw this episode once, that was more than enough.

Comment

To be honest, this episode creeps me out a bit. Michael Shanks can play crazy people really well....a bit too well at times!

Comment

^lol same I have the same feelings!

but MS acted brill in this episode

Comment

The ep was great with the introduction that Sarcophagus is bad aswell as very addictive. MS played it very well suprisingly he does mental greatly in Need, Legacy and in no way forgetting Lifeboat.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I've always found this a very enjoyable episode. I like the way that they portrayed the decline of Daniel as the sarcophagus got a hold of him more and more and it's very much a character-based episode, which are always my favourites. I liked what it said about Jack and Daniel's relationship and the ending always struck me as very poignant.

Plus I'm always very happy when two obviously hetrosexual males are shown to have such a strong, non-sexual friendship that they can support one another in a crisis, hug and even cry, without worrying about being thought gay. When Jack reaches out to Daniel at the end and just rocks him like a child...well, I just choke up every time I watch that scene. Choking up now just thinking about it. <snuffle>

I thought MS did a terrific job of portraying Daniel's descent into addication and it was a very powerful metaphor for drug abuse. Excellent dialogue, performances and script all round. And although the whole hook for the real meat of the plot - the princess with a crush angle - was a little cliched initially for my tastes, it took on an edge that made it less so as the episode progressed. As it turned out Daniel and Shayla's relationship was rather sweet. Bittersweet, in fact. A darker edge which cancelled out the cliched aspect rather nicely.

Plus, it has some nice humour interspersed with the drama and tension. What more can you ask for?

Carter: Lately, I get this weird feeling when I'm near Teal'c.
                        Jack: Hey, who doesn't?

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Yet another good Daniel eppy (it was average)......I loved Jack and his interaction with Daniel when Jack was working in the mines

Comment

Danny's Eyesight Was Bought Back To Normal Thanks To The SarcophAgus!

But Why Is His Vision Impared When Not Using It; Ie: Wearing Glasses Again?

Is The Affect Of The Healing Device Only Temporary? -> Contradiction!
                            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

OK, basically, I theorize that since the sarcophogus acts as a narcodic, the effects that would be synthesized in the human body would react like a drug, albeit a very powerful one. So long as you're using it while you're still healthy, you'll have to keep using it in order to keep up its positive aspects. But, when Daniel went through withdrawals, all of the negative as well as positive aspects were flushed out together. Without the constant support of the sarc, his body would revert back to its normal state of health.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Thanks!

But...........

so the sarc. can revive some1 from death and once they stop using the sarc. the person won't revert back to the "normal" or previous state of health => death!
                                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X