No announcement yet.

Prisoners (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good episode. Though I knew from the beginning that the old lady had something going on than met the eye. And I also liked the episode where she did her comeback.

Comment

I think this may have been talked about, but why can't people travel through the stargate from the non-initiating end? Is there an explanation or is that just the way it is? Seems to me it would be a 2 way street, I guess not though?

Good episode though!

Comment

Originally posted by newbeestl View Post
        I think this may have been talked about, but why can't people travel through the stargate from the non-initiating end? Is there an explanation or is that just the way it is? Seems to me it would be a 2 way street, I guess not though?

Good episode though!
        wormhole physics say that matter cannot go two ways through a stargate besides a few things like radio and video signals.

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
          wormhole physics say that matter cannot go two ways through a stargate besides a few things like radio and video signals.
          And even if you could, well, you'd just go back to the Taldor's planet, and they'd just toss you back to Hadante. Still, I suppose it'd be something to do to pass the time.

Comment

For some reason I really liked this episode.
            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. I do agree with a previous poster when they said that the SGC is far too trusting sometimes. And did anyone else notice that when Linea knocked out Sam and the other scientist near the end of the episode there were no guards in the room, but there seems to be guards every other time.
              Just one very minor question though. When they activated the Stargate to leave the prison where Linea's 'plants' destroyed as they were wrapped around the edge of the gate? That’s something i wonder every time i watch this episode.

Comment

Awesome ep, Linea's a really cool character. Not at all what she seemed.
                sigpic

Comment

A very fun story. There was much dark humour in the prison.

The revelation of the answer to the mystery of Linea was handled well: we knew she was up to no good, but what? Perhaps she was a political prisoner. Perhaps she culd become an ally... but no, she is the Stargate equivalent of the Whovian villain and geneticist Davros! Nice one!

Comment

Nice episode, really. I enjoyed watching it.

Lots of humour, though 75% was lost in translation and I got it all only after I found transcript. And I wonder why Linea never tried to dial random addresses if she knew that stargate leads to zillions of worlds and galaxies? Maybe she didn't know about manual dialing. And I've to say that even if SG-1, Hammond (by way, it was nice and fun watching him going through the gate) were more than grateful to her for saving the flagteam, they should have paid more attention to Daniel's words, who wasn't too fond of taking her with themselves from the very beginning and never let her do whatever she wanted to. Especially if all other prisoners were afraid of her. There should have been a reason for that, hadn't it?

Taldor society seems to be very advanced, but their xenophoby and zealotic believing that law is undisputable and completely and always just makes them somewhat sick.

8/10.
                    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

I love the moment at the beginning when Jack and Daniel have their little "ah ah" argument. Love the raised fingers!

One of my favorite episodes of all time. Lots of great lines ("All kinds of power, my dear, some more subtle than others.") I really like Linea. Creepy lady. But they played her character just right. THere was enough creepiness that you wondered, yet, she was this nice "little old lady" so she couldn't possibly be evil could she?

I like the mild shock that especially Sam and Daniel exhibit at the beginning. Teal'c takes it as it is, and Jack, you can just tell that he knows that they're in trouble and prison is a very bad place. Sam isn't too happy about it but Daniel is just stunned more or less speechless for awhile there. Love Jack's protective streak.

Love the part where they discuss Linea and their plan. Daniel asks "and she's just going to hand it over?" Much like his argument in The Other Side...they're handing stuff over right and left, yet he has a strong feeling that there is something very wrong. No one took him too seriously either time and look how both situations turned out.

Another thought that occured to me...Daniel wasn't too fond of the idea of trusting Linea here and yet he's the one who got stuck in the middle of it in Past and Present. Not very fair. I do think it's cool that they revisited this character in another episode. Not always is the show great about reflecting on previous episodes, but when they get it...usually they GET it.

And Hammond goes off world! "The things I do for these people." Yipee...Hammond totally rocks.

So was this the 1st time SG1 brought back someone they shouldn't've? Still learning...still learning. : )

Sam is so excited about all that Linea can teach them that I think no one stops to think about the potential danger. Interestingly, I think it is somewhat of a pattern that if Sam's excited and gung ho about something, they (Jack) is more likely to go along with it. But when Daniel has a warning...not so much. Just an observation.

Live and Learn...that is the SGC Motto. If at first you let a monster on base...learn from it (until the next time around). : )

I love this show.

...all debts have now been paid....creepy!
                      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

8/10

It's nice that they were able to turn a basic planet of the week into something a little more with the escape of the bad bad lady.
                        Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Not one of my favorite episodes, but one I seem to keep rewatching.

A couple of things I have a problem with:

Sam's overconfidence (and naivete) in her own ability to take care of herself, when she admonishes Linnea for stopping the men from harming her. No way in Hadante () Sam would be able to take on one of those men, let alone two or more if they decided to have their way with her. She may have beaten Turghan in "Emancipation", but this is way different than that was.

Actually, the whole team seems to be a bit overconfident in their abilities there. The only successful thing they did while there, really, was to escape. None of the guys would have been able to beat off the other prisoners if those prisoners decided to do something to them.

And Daniel and his incessant insistence on telling people how wrong they are and what they can and cannot do, and how right he is and how wrong they are. Makes me want to scream every time he does something like that. He's the one that gets the team into trouble about 99% of the time, and never gets reprimanded for it. I sometimes wonder why Jack keeps him on the team.

Plus, they were all too trusting of Linnea, just because she seemed to have the power in the prison. And Sam was way too dismissive of Linnea's "crime".

Of course, it all comes back on them when Linnea turns on them at the SGC and escapes. I have to wonder, though, just how Linnea managed to almost instantly learn how to use the computers and other techno-gadgets at the SGC and then dial the gate in order to escape to somewhere else. She didn't seem like somebody who knew much about technology.

In spite of all this, and a few more things, it wasn't a bad episode. I'd give it about a 5/10.

Comment

I was wondering who were those aliens who put SG1 to that prison in the 1st place. I am not really a big fan of blind faith be it in law or something else.
                            sigpic

Comment

this ep was ok don't really care for it
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I don't like episodes which are shot in low light, like much of this one was. It makes me feel claustrophobic.

I want to know what they used to make the slop that served as food. I also want to know what it tasted like.
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X