No announcement yet.

Prisoners (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously thought it was a good eppy. It may seem wrong, but I think those prisoners were getting what they deserve when they would step in from of the even horizon. Acting that stupid will gain you stupid results. And how they powered the gate was neat too. The only thing was releasing that woman, but eh, what are you going to do?
    ...it never ends.

Comment

Now see, I liked this episode...No corny script, no Jonas Quinn, no boring over-dressed bad guys (having said that, I do like the Goa'uld).

I particurly enjoyed the surprising turn of a certain miss DESTROYER-OF-WORLDS, she was old but immensely cool, and I think she gave the writers the inspiration they needed to create baddies that weren't Goa'uld.

P.S. (SPOILER ALERT!)

Mod Insert :
      Reckoning Pt 2 Season 8 spoilers under tag

Spoiler:

I loved the bit in Reckoning Part II when the gates opens and Dakara's weapon fires through the Prisoners moon.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 March 2011, 03:25 AM.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I like over dressed bad guys!
        sigpic

Comment

yeah i think a jaffa looks cool but i like the kull warriors too because of their armour and all

Comment

Interestingly this is the only episode mentioning Australia (some background characters in Atlantis have our flag on their arm). Also it's one of those times Daniel's facts are wrong: Botany Bay is not the original name for Sydney Harbor, but infact Botany Bay is the next river outlet down from the Harbour.

Comment

I wish we'd seen more of the leader of SG-9 in other episodes. I liked that he had a pretty balanced view of the situation. I sometimes get a little annoyed when SG-1 needs help and half the base is ready to go through the gate, when that never seems to happen for other teams. I also liked his reactions when he and Hammond were meeting the Taldor. His "give me strength" look when Hammond claimed guilt for SG-1's actions, and his look of horror when Hammond said he'd take their place were both great. I mean really, who wants to go back to base and have to admit to losing the General? That sort of thing really doesn't look good on your C.V. *grin*
              Last edited by kimberlyrose; 18 December 2006, 06:53 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity, I hope

Comment

I really liked this episode. I was as taken in by Linea as much as the SG1 team were. I guess for Sam that it must be quite rare for her to find someone who shares her interests and has the same kind of skills and knowledge she does, so it was easy for her to get carried away.

I think that 'intellectual' baddies are often more interesting and scarier than the more physically aggressive ones. After all, if someone's pointing a gun at you, you know where you stand and in a physical fight you can try to fight back. Most people wouldn't have that option with Linea.
                sigpic
                Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I am surprised we never heard about that planet since then. Heck they mentioned many other 'prior visited' places, before in line in the sand...

Comment

I'm wondering if we'll come accross any of the other prisoners again - have the SG 1 team released dangerous criminals, as well as the wrongly convicted/harshly judged?
                    Last edited by Harlan's Speechwriter; 01 April 2007, 12:48 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Heck, i wonder if we ever went back to the people who inprisoned SG1..

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                        I'm wondering if we'll come accross any of the other prisoners again - have the SG 1 team released dangerous criminals, as well as the wrongly convicted/harshly judged?
                        I think the only ones SG1 released were Linnea and the prisoner who followed them (Simeon? Can't recall his name right off the top of my head).

Comment

You are correct.

Comment

I liked this episode, don't ask me why.
                            I think it's because when I watch this epp. it kinda has a 'dark' ambiance or something hanging over it. it's kinda hard to explain but when I was watching it I was constantly on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen. Cuz that place was anything but safe. I also already knew something was gonna happen to Sam, cuz you could see at the beginning she was the only girl there so it was bound to happen. She was just lucky that Linea came round when she did. because if she wasn't there I seriously doubt the boys could've saved her...
                            : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                            Geeky : Oh brother...
                            : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

I am still wondering what it was she did to those guys... did she have some sort of gou'ald ribbon device??

Comment

Yes I think it was something like that, it did look very much like a ribbon device, however she wasn't a Goa'uld right? So how could she have worked it? I watched it again yesterday and I still liked it very much! and Sam kicked ass... I mean that guy was twice as big as she was and she still gave him a bloody lip! you go girl!
                                : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                                Geeky : Oh brother...
                                : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Working...
                                X