Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I hope you guys realize that Machello was played by Michael Shanks in that episode.
    Yeah it was a joke, chief.

Perfecto!

Comment

I can't help but appreciate this episode more and more every time I watch it. I'm really glad that TPTB chose to end the show (just the series, not SG-1 itself) like this.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I can't help but appreciate this episode more and more every time I watch it. I'm really glad that TPTB chose to end the show (just the series, not SG-1 itself) like this.
        It's the second episode of S10 I've brought myself to watch and I regret it a lot. Still can't figure out why Jack wasn't even mentioned () and why Coop still calls it an "emotional tribute to the 10 years" (surely he means it was a tribute to the 2 crappy years of "Stargate Command")

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
          It's the second episode of S10 I've brought myself to watch and I regret it a lot. Still can't figure out why Jack wasn't even mentioned () and why Coop still calls it an "emotional tribute to the 10 years" (surely he means it was a tribute to the 2 crappy years of "Stargate Command")

I don't know about that. I was pretty emotional. Of course I didn't think it was particularly *good*. More of a final... gesture... for not appreciating the "perfection" of the last two years.

We were about 10 minutes from the end of the ep and the brother-in-law commented that it was vying with The Sopranos for worst season finale.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            But those lovely legs..!
            There were legs??? I was fixated on the Browder "buns"
            Burn brightly without burning out! Richard Biggs
            Burnt, battered, busted! Ding dong the pod is dead! John Crichton
            Indeed! Teal'c

Comment

They didn't age well. Why didn't they cut their hair, for instance? They did it for at least 20, considering it looked exactly the same. Oh, yes, and, I Can't Get That Song Outa My Head!!!
              "I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain,
              and I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain,
              coming down, a summer day."
              Ahh! There I go again! Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                They didn't age well. Why didn't they cut their hair, for instance? They did it for at least 20, considering it looked exactly the same. Oh, yes, and, I Can't Get That Song Outa My Head!!!
                "I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain,
                and I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain,
                coming down, a summer day."
                Ahh! There I go again! Help!
                I agree with you about the ageing thing. If Sam was about 70 or so when she was playing the cello, her hands looked remarkably supple and young!

Then, just as you get the song out of your head you buy the season 10 box set, watch the episode again and the song is back!!!! Aaaarrgghhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  I agree with you about the ageing thing. If Sam was about 70 or so when she was playing the cello, her hands looked remarkably supple and young!

Then, just as you get the song out of your head you buy the season 10 box set, watch the episode again and the song is back!!!! Aaaarrgghhh!
                  The solution is simple: Don't buy the season 10 box set, don't watch the episode ever again and you get rid of the song...

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                    As far as Daniel's behavior towards Vala in the scene in his quarters, initially I too thought it was very mean and not very Daniel-like at all. Then I read Michael's TV Guide blog where he explained his thought process behind that scene, how Daniel really believed that Vala just didn't really care about him even a bit. That Daniel was acting out of a need to hurt before he was hurt himself and that when Vala started crying and actually showing some honest emotion he was shocked into lowering his emotional barriers...
                    The change in Daniel is alarming. The Daniel of the early seasons would not have been so clueless about another person's feelings. Back then he observed people, worked out what they thought and needed. He cared enough to do it as well as having a natural talent for it.

Having a "need to hurt" someone is something I would never had attributed to early Daniel

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    This coming from the man I mean Shanks who sees Daniel as a "mini-RDA". Far be it from me to ascribe motivations.

suse
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      Back then he observed people, worked out what they thought and needed. He cared enough to do it as well as having a natural talent for it.
                      And he did that with Vala for more than 2 years, only to come to the conclusion that which he let out in Unending.

Danny may be good with people, but when he's dealing with a con-artist like Vala, who's talents include fooling people, then perhaps even Danny can't see her true thoughts and feelings, simply because she's so good at hiding them.

Comment

And he did that with Vala for more than 2 years, only to come to the conclusion that which he let out in Unending.

Danny may be good with people, but when he's dealing with a con-artist like Vala, who's talents include fooling people, then perhaps even Danny can't see her true thoughts and feelings, simply because she's so good at hiding them.
                        But it looked like "Danny" exploded. It was so different. I was like what the heck happened to Daniel? But it was all a test, a very mean test, if I do say so myself.

Comment

Timeline technicallity question....when T'ealc reverses the timeline, if he's outside of time and has to remain 'old T'ealc', where's the contemporary T'ealc from before the time dilation field was created....?

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                            Timeline technicallity question....when T'ealc reverses the timeline, if he's outside of time and has to remain 'old T'ealc', where's the contemporary T'ealc from before the time dilation field was created....?
                            This has been answered here before. He stayed old because he stayed outside the field, but there is no original young one to add to the mix -

We didn't end up with two Sams, two Camerons, etc. (i.e. a new young one that used to be old and an original young one), did we? We just ended up with the young ones who used to be old. And with Teal'c, we end up with one as well - only he's still old.
                            scarimor

Comment

Yet they let her on the team??!!?? If they know she's so good at hiding her true feelings, what's to say she isn't scamming them? Yes, I know she's not written that way, but the characters don't know that!

I don't buy that they can trust her professionally but not personally. She is, as you say, a con-artist.

Geez I wish something closer to this Vala had been introduced in S9. Her inclusion *might* made a *modicum* of sense.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Well, I think that trusting someone professionally and liking them or being attracted to them are very different things.

Comment

Working...
                                X