Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not even going to touch that; it seems to be a part of a much bigger argument that I've been avoiding since Season 10 started.
    Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    Exactly. Can't have it both ways. Either Vala is suitable to be trusted with a place as sensitive as the SGC, as important as SG-1, and freedom of movement on earth, because she has proved herself to be honest and open with them now... in which case Daniel is indeed as clueless and much changed for the worse as he appears.

Or she is not, which makes her inclusion farcical. Viewers' opinions on Vala go both ways with good reason (I see her as worthy at this point - it's just too ridiculous to me for her not to be by now), and the change in Daniel is not new.

<snip>

ETA: It would be something bold, though, if as suse's observations show, Vala did turn out to have been running the Long Con. Wow. And duping Daniel into falling for her - undermining his suspicions and getting the better of him - was just one part of that. I doubt they'll ever go there, but it would certainly be dramatic.

I wouldn't credit TPTB with that boldness either.

As this is somewhat off topic:
    Spoiler:
    Unfortunately, I agree that she is *meant* to be seen as worthy. And I would - if she had not been introduced in S9 (PU notwithstanding) the way she had. So the farce had killed my suspension of disbelief. Too bad as I pretty much like the character now. Just don't believe her addition to the team is appropriate

Beyond the silliness of having Vala strut around in lingerie I thought Vala was pretty okay in Unending. It's Daniel that was whacked. And Mitchell just needed to be dressed down mightily. By Landry. Or Teal'c if necessary.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Don't buy it. But then I don't buy any of S9 and most of S10 so that's nothing new

They went back in time within the field. Hence time travel. Just because the older version of Teal'c was protected from the memory loss (and de-aging) by *another* bubble doesn't mean there shouldn't be a younger version in what is their past. <shrug>
      Aargh. Did not my masterpiece of a diagram convince you?

The thing is, they didn't travel into their past. They (the people) weren't transplanted from one time to another, independent of the ship etc. Sure, if they did travel back through time, they would encounter their younger selves. But they didn't. The whole field was wound back in time - everything and everyone in it... except for Teal'c in his bubble.

no wound-back Teal'c = no young Teal'c
      scarimor

Comment

Don't buy it. But then I don't buy any of S9 and most of S10 so that's nothing new

They went back in time within the field. Hence time travel. Just because the older version of Teal'c was protected from the memory loss (and de-aging) by *another* bubble doesn't mean there shouldn't be a younger version in what is their past. <shrug>

suse
        No they never, they reversed time within the field.

Comment

except for Teal'c in his bubble.
          hehehe, Teal'c is a bubble spamming paladin

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            What the heck?
            Last edited by General David Niemi; 10 August 2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Pardon?

Comment

lololol!
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                  Pardon?
                  World of Warcraft reference. If you haven't played (or played with/against) a paladin in that game you won't get the joke. Here's a link to the ability itself, though it won't make much sense if you haven't played the game:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Divine_Shield

Comment

Aargh. Did not my masterpiece of a diagram convince you?

The thing is, they didn't travel into their past. They (the people) weren't transplanted from one time to another, independent of the ship etc. Sure, if they did travel back through time, they would encounter their younger selves. But they didn't. The whole field was wound back in time - everything and everyone in it... except for Teal'c in his bubble.

no wound-back Teal'c = no young Teal'c
                    :O Got it!

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

:O Got it!
                      Weeeeeeeeeeeee! *does happy dance*
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                        I thought Mitchell's voice was markedly different when he was old. Plus, he moved like an old man, including the way he waved his hands after he learned Sam had solved the time problem.
                        and i liked how he kept saying the same thing (about getting the band back together) only for them to tell him he'd said it day after day after day. ((()))

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akai View Post
                          World of Warcraft reference. If you haven't played (or played with/against) a paladin in that game you won't get the joke. Here's a link to the ability itself, though it won't make much sense if you haven't played the game:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Divine_Shield
                          I am a WOWer I got it rofl!!! even though I am a tank ))
                          Last edited by suzziq1; 05 July 2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suzziq1 View Post
                            I am a WOWer I got it rofl!!! even though I am a tank ))
                            sif pally's cant tank.

Comment

So i finally watched the final SG1 ep tonight (just got a new job and have been SO busy)..

Before I watched the final ep I popped in my original Stargate Movie DVD (Not the series premier, but the actual movie).

....I cried during the finale. It wasn't at the end but it was when Daniel was bashing Ms. Black, I guess everything just hit at that point for me that the show was over, and I couldn't believe they were making Danny to be an *** in the last ep.

It was a nice farewell ep, but I was disappointed they didnt leave any cliffhanger for the 1st of the 2 movies (straight to DVD) that they have coming out. Heck they didn't even mention them...they are still on right?

Im really going to miss all of regular actors/actresses, this has been my favorite show for years and will go down as my favorite show of all time. I love Atlantis but it cannot compete to my eagerness I had during seasons 1-8 with SG1. Sigh....this is going to be a tough night for me to sink all of this in....thankfully i have many beers to help me.

Thank you SG1 for the memories that I will never forget.

EDIT - WOW, just reading my user title "Super-Soldier" just made me shed a tear almost, it was my first week in college when I remember watching that ep where they made their first appearance (i had it on tape also I remember)....this REALLY sucks....
                              When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                              I miss you.
                              Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

the only part that made me cry was ...unending spoilers

Spoiler:
                                carter and Thor's finally conversation

Comment

Working...
                                X