Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
    [[/QUOTE=Lieut-Col. P@rick Durden;6501601]
    but in all seriousness the english just wish George Washington was their dad.
    Completely OT I know....but wasn't he British? [/QUOTE]

negative mon ami, George washington was born in westmoreland, Virginia. he is the father of Americans. like lord yu, washington sprang from the dragons head with the knowledge of the universe.

with a side note SG-1 is the greatest show ever... better than BSG better than all the garbage (garbage should be said with a faux french acccent) on the prime networks in America and i'll go so far to say in the world.
    but what I wanna know is, have you ever seen the rain? god I love CCR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      B/c he is the CO and the Asgards requested they all be there.
      I took it: all of SG-1. Thor made similar requests in the past and I don't recall gen. Hammond going too.

It does make sense though I will dearly miss them. The death of their race has been a long time coming due to genetic degeneration. Thor trusted us and believed we finally became the fifth race. IMO it was done brillantly well.

Not mentioning Jack is better than mentioning him as it would serve no purpose.
      We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO the Asgard's death was pointless and very badly executed and it was Landry whose presence "served no purpose".

The Tok'ra served no purpose the last two years. There was no storyline to bring them into and they wernt in this one, it was dominion.
      My mistake, sorry. I watched these 2 eps together and I guess I mixed them up.

Yeah it might be hard to learn but she had alot of time to do so and it was kinda neat since AT plays the cello. Crappy makeup were we watching the same thing?
      Yes we were. ;P I really think the makeup was awful and cliched. Like someone mentioned before, why the long hair? Couldn't they "created" scissors?
      I agree AT playing the cello was nice and ok, maybe she could have learned it..but I'm still sceptic
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
        You gave the answer right away, he is the CO of the SGC. And since no one knew that the Asgard would sacrifice themselves, there was no reason for O'Neill to make that journey.
        I bet the Asgard didn't want to have a politician as highest representative of Earth, so its logical that its Landry as CO of the SGC.
        Firstly, since when Jack's a politician?
        Secondly, if it was a routine mission what was Landry doing there? Did gen. Hammond travel with SG-1 when he felt like it?
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Let's clear something once and for all and look at the facts. RDA did not have any episodes left in his contract, whereas, BB had. Therefore, Consequently, As a consequence,Having said that, BB played in the last episode and RDA did not. There was no time to re-negotiate the RDA contract. The fact that Landry was the C.O on the Odyssey is irrelevant and let us move on. Hammond had a higher function at the White House and he was on Prometheus on several occasions.

Comment

Spoiler:
            In "Unending" I thought there was a perfect place to put RDA in for a cameo appearance. Right when Thor is showing Carter the Asgard database. He shows her how she can call up any Asgard as a hologram to help her out. Thor should have said...

THOR: I have also included General O'Neill if that is a bit more comfortable for you

O'Neill Hologram: Hey Carter

Carter: Sir?

I don't know. I just thought that would be a great way to incorporate RDA into this PHENOMENAL last episode...
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe they did something like that, but for what ever reason cut it out... and we get to see it for the deleted scenes..

Comment

I doubt if they brought RDA back for the finale they would cut him out.

Comment

O'Neill would have been wrong for the episode.

Carter could have asked if O'Neill knew about the Asgard were planning on dying, but that's it. O'Neill's involvement in the episode wouldn't needed beyond that one question.

Adding him visibly in any way would have been forced on, very unneeded and very disrespectful towards the character and his fans. If RDA was going to make an appearance in the finale, then they should have made him part of the story.

sigpic

Comment

o'neil was the first human from earth to come in contact with the asguard, excluding the ones they experimented on. he was also the first to come in contact with thor, and whenever Thor came to earth, o'neil was the first person thor wanted to talk to, so i think that o'neil should have at least been invited to the world he saved from the replicators, if not to the see the species he introduced to earth die

hope that makes sense

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Sam said it herself that if they went back in time further than when she made the time dilation bubble, that they'd be "out of normal space-time and create a paradox that the technology couldn't handle". After she says all this, what does she do? She goes back in time BEFORE the time dilation bubble was created! It's bad enough that they dealt with the ori tracking situation by the worst possible way they could have (thats a rant for another time), but messing up after clearly acknowledging that the actions they will take will mess them up is too much for me.. They just had to end the series by messing up didnt they..

Comment

I think Sam also said something about being able to go back about a minute before the bubble was created. I can't remember her exact words, maybe someone else does...
                        "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

What ever i would say in this case, there were many plotholes but i still enjoy it. It was fun!

Comment

Yeah, she says that they can only go about a minute beyond the creation of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by o-0 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam said it herself that if they went back in time further than when she made the time dilation bubble, that they'd be "out of normal space-time and create a paradox that the technology couldn't handle". After she says all this, what does she do? She goes back in time BEFORE the time dilation bubble was created! It's bad enough that they dealt with the ori tracking situation by the worst possible way they could have (thats a rant for another time), but messing up after clearly acknowledging that the actions they will take will mess them up is too much for me.. They just had to end the series by messing up didnt they..
                              CARTER
                              Only to the point where the time dilation field was created. We can't reverse time for the entire universe. If we go back any further than that, we are outside of normal time-space again and we create a paradox that the technology couldn't handle.

DANIEL
                              Is that going to be good enough?

CARTER
                              I might be able to buy us a little more time, maybe a minute. But…one of us is gonna have to stay old.
                              All it really takes is a quick look at the script.

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                                o'neil was the first human from earth to come in contact with the asguard, excluding the ones they experimented on. he was also the first to come in contact with thor, and whenever Thor came to earth, o'neil was the first person thor wanted to talk to, so i think that o'neil should have at least been invited to the world he saved from the replicators, if not to the see the species he introduced to earth die

hope that makes sense
                                True but I still believe it was pointless to have him in this ep. It was done very well IMO and I couldnt think of any other way for this to have been done.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X