No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode... although still bittersweet. Doesn't feel like an ending at all. Ba'al is still a threat, the Ori followers and Adria are still a threat, and now we are the Fifth Race (although we have yet to see any of that in action).

I'm confident that even if SG-1 is over, there is still Atlantis existing, and a new series in production... which could mean cameos and guest starring roles for any of the characters from the show.

I look forward to seeing Hammond, O'Neill, Teal'c, Jackson, Carter, Mitchell, Landry, Jonas (eventually somehow... would be nice... only one never to return), and Vala appearing on another show.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
      Great episode... although still bittersweet. Doesn't feel like an ending at all. Ba'al is still a threat, the Ori followers and Adria are still a threat, and now we are the Fifth Race (although we have yet to see any of that in action).

I'm confident that even if SG-1 is over, there is still Atlantis existing, and a new series in production... which could mean cameos and guest starring roles for any of the characters from the show.

I look forward to seeing Hammond, O'Neill, Teal'c, Jackson, Carter, Mitchell, Landry, Jonas (eventually somehow... would be nice... only one never to return), and Vala appearing on another show.

Mattathias
      Wait for the films
      Originally posted by G.B Shaw
      Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
      Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
      Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
      You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
      Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
      One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
      You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
      www.7-scales.co.uk
      http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
        Oh, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, what I tried to say was that Daniel and Vala probably never married, not that Tomin and Vala never married.
        Ah. Understood
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          but you know, i 'still' don't feel it's *the end*. yes, no more weekly episodes, BUT the adventures of sg1 is NOT over.

(and i'm sure it's helping me that sam's going to 'continue' on atlantis, so it doesn't feel endy)

sally
          I agree. The day of weekly telvision shows is over but not SG-1 itself. Heres hoping the movies sell extremly well so we get many more!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

It goes without saying, Great Episode - I will miss SG1

However I'm having a problem understanding something (snore, yawn) ...

Odyssey is in Ida.

Odyssey comes under attack so Landry orders every (sans SG1) to Gate home.

SG1 were using the ZPM to power the time dialation field.

So how did the rest of the crew gate home from another galaxy (Ida) without a ZPM?
            The only way I can answer this is that: They must have been in hyperspace long enough to have reached MW?

If some1 remembers or has watched it more recently -> then please help
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

You're right, they were already inside the Milky Way by time the crew gated home.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                You're right, they were already inside the Milky Way by time the crew gated home.
                Daniel says in the meeting they already passed in the MW. If you remember, the first Asgard hyperdrive was fast, but, the new one+the core was a faster . Closest hypedrive to the Atlantis one ...The Asgard really did their homework in this episode to make sure Earth will continue their legacy. The whole "With great power comes great responsibility "issue emerges again

Comment

Re: Movies

I will definately buy them. I know Continuum sounds pretty "meh" but I'm sure there'll be some more interesting ones after.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post

I will definately buy them. I know Continuum sounds pretty "meh" but I'm sure there'll be some more interesting ones after.
                    You are not the only one mate. Every X-MAS there are special offers with DVDs and I will complete my SG DVD collection .

I just hope we do not expect the SG writers to part the Red Sea . Unending was a good episode but there are always ups and downs, I just hope they will be in SGA and not in the SG1 films .

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      ASGARD 1: Understand this, there was once an alliance of four great races in the galaxy; the Asgard, the Nox...

JACK: Met them.

ASGARD 1: ...the Furlings...

JACK: Don't know them.

ASGARD 1: ...and the Ancients, the builders of the Stargates.

JACK: Pretty heady group.

ASGARD 1: The alliance was built over many millennia. Your race has much to prove before we may interact on that level.

Jack stands up and approaches the two main Asgards; there's more whispering from the others.

JACK: Look, you all seem to be quite wonderful... people [He crouches down to their level] and I don't want to sound ungrateful because I really, really appreciate you getting all that stuff out of my head, but you folks should understand that we're out there, now, and we might not be ready for a lot of this stuff but we're doing the best we can. We are a very curious race.

A1 offers Jack his hand, and Jack takes it. Then he stands up.

ASGARD 2: You have already taken the first steps towards becoming the fifth race.

fine jenks u win if it true then ur right!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Forbes Of Scotland View Post
                        fine jenks u win if it true then ur right!!!!
                        Trust me he's right. Thats the exact scene from "Fifth Race".

Comment

Actually they both sound great IMO and I can't wait to get them. Also guys check this out it's a video tribute to SG-1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd_ZqbXBapQ

Comment

I feel cheated. It was mostly 200th Special footage.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I feel cheated. It was mostly 200th Special footage.
                              About what? The link I posted?

Comment

Right, I guess I'm the only one who actually didn't like this ep. Despite the fact that for me SG-1 ended with Moebius and after seasons 9-10 I have much lower expectations. I'm not saying it was all bad though. There were some good points:

Teal'c was awesome
                                I don't really care about Daniel/Vala ship (one way or the other) but I liked it here Nicely done.
                                And it's always good to see Thor.

But there was so much terrible stuff I still can't wrap my head around this. I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if this has already been said.

1. What the h** Landry was doing there? I mean I understand it was the last ep and BB had to be in it but please...Give me one logical reason why CO of the SGC would be in command of the ship flying to meet with the Asgards - whom he'd never met before? That's just c***

2. The death of the Asgard. It doesn't make any sense. Am I really to believe that one of the oldest and wisest races in the galaxy would suddenly commit general suicide? And 'the plague"? Giving us their whole knowledge and technology, after telling us for years we are too young? Couldn't they give it to the Nox? It would be much more logical, except of course TPTB have been ignoring The Nox for years in hope the fans would conveniently forget their existance. And finally: we are now the 5th race? When did this happen? Why? It took millennia for the Nox, the Asgard, the Furlings and the Ancient to form an alliance and we became a member after a few years? Without any significant changes in humankind? oh, and let's not forget that the Asgard was in posession of the weapons capable of destroying the Ori ships all along (?) and didn't make any use of that. I'm still shaking my head at the stupidity of it all.

3. No mention of Jack is criminal. Firstly, it's impossible to believe that neither Sam nor Daniel nor Teal'c wouldn't at least mention him in 50 years. Landry was supposed to be such a good friend of Jack- and what? In the show I remember Thor had the most personal and close relationship with Jack - and again, no mention, even though he's dying. Sorry, I'm not buying.

4. It's not really a complaint 'cos i was happy to see the Tok'ra - but it also made me realise their absence during the last 2 years...couldn't TPTB remember them sooner?

5. Age difference. I may be wrong but I thought Jack and Landry were, more or less, the same age. So there's no way Landry would be that old...

6. The cello. It was a nice character moment, but a friend with whom I was watching the ep wanted to know how Sam managed to learn to play it? Without any help? He was also very displeased (as was I) with crappy characterisation/makeup, and mistakes in physics.

7. The final episode of the series and it takes place onboard the ship? The final scene in the gateroom was a nice touch but it was too little too late.

So overall it wasn't a bad episode for seasons 9-10, but as an ending for the whole series- since season 1- it was dreadful. Certainly the worst of all supposed endings ( Full Circle, Lost City, Moebius). I've never been happier that the series was cancelled. Hopefully the movies will be better.

PS> Of course everything above is just my personal opinion, not a fact, so don't get too angry.
                                Last edited by Petra; 24 March 2007, 06:12 PM. Reason: adding the "opinion" bit ;)
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X