No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its fine that they didnt mention Jack.

In some shows, when a new set of charecters are introduced, it is a downward spiral.

In SG1, Mitchel and Vala, perhaps due to their actors previous Farscape experience, actually raised the show again...

This was a send-off for them as much as past SG1.

I thought that Daniel's rant at Vala was a bit uncharecteristic of him - he is usually level headed, yet it had exactly the desired dramatic impact...

The loss of the Asgard was a seal on the end of an era. What started with the Fifth Race, ended here, with humans assuming their place in a new universe.

Everytime a show like this ends, I cant help but feel like people I know have died...

Knowing they wont be on my TV every week.

Comment

I hope the Asguard didnt forget about the Asguard they left on the Deadalus! That would be an interesting conversation over on SGA next season!

Comment

The daniel/vala thing makes it sound more like a soap then anything else. I wish Jack was there.

Still can't get over the fact that the azgard are dead. Killing yourself they should have gone out fightning the ori

Comment

This episode was brilliant.
          Man we are the fifth race now.
          And us kicking the ori butts left right and center, was enjoyable, just love to of seen adria face when she sure that happening.
          And the acting was to notch. I think this could of been the best final ever.

Their just one thing that bug me is the o'neils that the Asguard built I mean come on they must of had a few left or in the dockyards,. I really hope that the asguard are not gone, that they just hid themselves or something, they do not seem like the mass suicide kind of race, and more than the kind will not stop fighting until the end.

Ands I will admit now, I, could barly hold back the tears through the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Happenstance View Post
            I hope the Asguard didnt forget about the Asguard they left on the Deadalus! That would be an interesting conversation over on SGA next season!

He will be dead too. Thor said the whole race had a deadly disease....

Comment

Unending Synopsis - Part 1
              ENJOY!!!
              (excuse any typos!)

Teaser

Shot of the Odyssey

Inside, Tealc and Cam sparing in the Gym.
              They are talking about a betting pool on something important. They don’t know where they are going, but have been told it’s a very important meeting at a planet.
              Daniel walks into a room – Vala has organised a surprise party!
              But Daniel says not my birthday and walks back out
              Vala has organised it as she is so bored!!!.

On the bridge – Landry is in charge!!

They arrive at a set of co-ordinates and Thor beams aboard.

Thor and the high council want to meet with them. They offer to do upgrades to the ship. They offer to give them everything they have, all their knowledge, all their technology.
              They are all stunned and ask why when in the past the Asguard wouldn’t share.
              Thor explains that the Asguard are all dying and very soon will all be dead.

Act 1
              On board, they are lots of Asguard doing upgrades. They are giving them an information core , all their information is being interfaced with the ship and many technical upgrades taking place..
              Sam asks if there is nothing else they can do. Thor says they are giving them everything but she means about their survival. Very touching scene with Sam and Thor.

The rest of the team are talking. The Asguard basically have provided all the information as a legacy. The Asguard don’t want to degrade so far and plan to terminate themselves before they degrade too far.

Thor explains that the Tauri are the 5th race and that the Asguard want them to be the ones to take the knowledge, they will be the legacy of the Asguard. “No Pressure” says Sam. She is very touched and quite upset at the prospect of losing Thor. He says they will still be able to call back a holographic representation but Sam says – it wont be the same.

She embraces him.

They are surprised by 3 Ori ships arriving and opening fire. Thor and the rest of the Asguard beam away. The Odyssey cant jump away to hyperspace yet. Sam is working on it..
              Suddenly the planet they were orbiting explodes.
              Although Sam now has the hyperdrive on line, they must get away from the radiation of the planets blast before they can jump away. They have to take a risk and engage the Ori ships by using the newly upgraded Asguard weapons.

They engage and destroy the Ori – the newly upgraded weapons are awesome!.

Act 2

Odyssey in hyperdrive

Landy and Sam talk.
              Sam is being asked to duplicate the weapons but Sam is concerned about the hyperdrive and some strange readings she is seeing. She wants to drop out of hyperdrive and check it out.
              As soon as they do, they are engaged by 2 Ori ships

They quickly return to hyperdrive.

SG1 are talking with Lanadry. They are concerned about whether the Ori and the priors may be able to track them with the new power source on the ship. It seems strange that as soon as they drop out of hyperspace the Ori arrive.
              They want to test the theory by dropping out of hyperdrive and seeing what happens. Sam wants to take the asguard core offline and then isolate all the systems so removing whatever it is that the Ori can seem to track. The problem is they new core is linked to all the systems and they need time to isolate and remove the links.
              They drop out and again the Ori find them very quickly, much quicker than Sam can isolate the information core from the hyperdrive of the ship

They need a ½ hour window for Sam to be able to split the core from the ship.

They talk about possibly destroying the ship but Daniel argues against it – they cannot give up so quickly or lightly the asguard legacy.
              Sam thinks she has a plan to buy some time.

They make from a planet where there is a stargate. They drop out and are engaged by the Ori in a huge battle, they are getting battered and are close to being destroyed. An Ori ship fires and a beam is just about to hit the Odyssey
              But right at the last moment, most of the crew are beamed away to the planet with the stargate leaving only SG1 and Landry aboard, Sam puts the ship into a localised time dilation field. It stops everything in mid flow, including the Ori weapon beam which is frozen just short of the Odyssey.

Sam explains that she needs to recreate some of Merlins technology for a phase shift, which will let them avoid the beam from the Ori ship and it may take a long time – maybe 3 months are more – for her to engineer it. She needs to build some of it from scratch.

As Landry says – no-one will have an excuse to be behind on their paperwork!!

Same starts working.
              Cam is running around the ship
              Daniel is trying to catch up on research
              Vala and Tealc are checking the food supplies

Sam takes 2 weeks to find out that there isn’t enough time to take the ship out of phase before the shot from the Ori will hit. All the scenarios she is running will not work before the beam will hit and destroy them
              They can keep working on it looking for alternatives but its going to be ages!!

They are all trying to keep busy.
              Tealc and Cam spar again.
              Vala tries to seduce Daniel. He shuts his door on her!
              Sam conjures up a Cello to play
              Daniel does research.

Vala and Daniel together. He is talking about the Asguard and their sacrifice – he says life is too short!
              She says she agrees. She starts to undress and tries to do the same to Daniel
              He rebuffs her. She asks whether he fancies her!
              He says do you really want to know what I feel. He lays into her ranting about whether she thinks he could be serious about her!! He thinks they are so wrong together. He thinks she is insincere with him, that its not serious,. He says that just when finally he is ready to move on with his life and can start to think about being serious with someone, she is just messing around
              She is really upset as he rants. She has her back to him and has tears running down her face.
              He then realises she is really upset. Very touching scene as he realises that she really does care about him very deeply – he kisses her tenderly
              And says you better no be messing with me!!! They disappear out of shot whilst kissing.
              Cut to Vala exiting Daniels quarters, she is putting her top back on and is very dishevelled and has a very dreamy look. Its clear that they have slept together. Cam runs by, and then stops suddenly. He realises what has happened!!

Comment

*Cries histarically* Sg-1 is over! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I must say I can't wait to see this it sounds awsome!
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

And part 2

Act3

Landry is tending a pot plant.
                  Cam comes to see him and pleads that they should take their chances with the F302s to escape even though they talked before and believe there still would not be enough time to escape before the beam hits..
                  Cam is so frustrated about being stranded. Landry doesn’t want to listen.

Sam in the commissary, alone and upset.

Vala comes to see her and offers to help.
                  They start working, talking about how they can shut off the time dilation field.
                  Vala suggest going back in time!! Sam says it would be virtually impossible although a good idea.

They are all eating together with music playing.

Cut to a montage of them all going about lots to tasks.
                  Cam running, Vala roller skating, Landry tending plants, Them all eating together, celebrating Christmas, Landy and Cam playing chess.

Daniel and Vala, cuddling together and then getting more and more frustrated, crying.
                  Cam trashes his room through anger and frustration at being stuck.

They are getting quieter and quieter, more and more frustrated.
                  Sam is trying to find a way to fix but to no avail.

Cut to a scene with Old:Landry all grey coughing badly. He is staring out the window at the Ori beam, just short of hitting the ship.
                  You hear someone (Sam) playing the Cello, Daniel and Vala in bed, he says 21 years today!
                  Cut to old Sam, long hair playing the Cello beautifully.

Cut to old Daniel doing research.
                  Sam goes to see him and asks why he keeps learning.
                  He says if he stops it will be giving up.
                  He says she has not given up but she says she has.

Cut to Landry dieing in a bed. Sam is crying, and apologising for not finding a way to fix it. He says it is not her fault.
                  She leaves the room and embraces Tealc in tears. Clear that Landry has died!

They are still stuck in the time dilation.

Cut to a much, much older Cam looking at the outside where the beam is held just short of hitting the ship
                  Cut to all the team eating together, all very much older. Its been 50 years!!.

Sam suddenly says she has worked out how to reverse time in a localised time dilation field. But the problem is that after all this period, the ZPM is nearly depleted and there isn’t enough power to make it happen. The ultimate irony, they know how to do it but cant now due to lack of power.

Cam has an idea, what about another source of power. He has an idea, use the blast from the Ori.
                  They try to work out whether they can get enough power channelled into the conduits to get the power they need.
                  They are not sure if it will work, they can let the blast hit the ship, hope that it gets enough power, and they can jump back to just before when they started the time dialation field.
                  But one of them must stay outside the field in order to make sure that Sam doesn’t activate the time dilation field and therefore changes the course of the path they must take..
                  One of them will effectively stay old.
                  Tealc volunteers. Being old anyway, his ageing has been significantly less pronounced. Although he has aged the 50 years too, Jaffa live longer so the effect has been little and he can stand the extra years more easily.
                  He offers to be the one to “stay” aged as he will still have many many years left to live.
                  Sam is not sure it will work. If it doesn’t , they will be blown apart by the beam. If it does they will not remember the last 50 years!!

Act 4
                  Daniel and Vala share a touching scene. He says he wants her to know……..
                  They don’t say the words but it is clear what they mean.

They start the process of stopping the time dilation and letting the beam hit them, Sam turns off the field and Tealc shields himself as the ship blows apart..

The Ori shot his the ship, they return back to the start. But just as Sam is going to activate the time dilation field, Teals stops her and they enter hyperspace and get away.

Back at the SGC, Vala is trying to get Tealc to tell her if she hooked up with anyone!
                  He wont say anything!!

SG1 are embarking on a mission. They are getting ready to exit through the gate.
                  They are all talking. They say although they cannot remember, they have learnt lots. They all say lots of quotes and cliches,
                  And things they have learned from the Asguard, look before you leap, silence is golden, jack of all trades, nothing ventured nothing gained etc etc
                  culminating in “life is too short” from Vala
                  and “good things come to all that wait” from Tealc.

As much as it is difficult for them not to remember, Sam says it must be torture for Tealc not to tell them what he knows happened– he responds “indeed!”

Cam says, just another everyday mission to save the world. They all say together “indeed!” and leave through the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    If we don't learn the Asgard ascended or did something else cool to survive, heads will roll.
                    They actually mentioned in the episode that Ascension is not an option for the Asgard; the genetic manipulation they have done over the years prevents them from attaining the physiological evolution required to ascend. Sorry.

I liked the ep. Lots to enjoy though I did also find it a tad overdone here and there - the whole schmaltzy, end of an era thing. And much as I quite enjoyed seeing Daniel and Vala get together (and of course it was guaranteed they'd remember nothing about it in the end - TPTB never give us any kind of relationship event without there being a big reset button - be it AU, alien possession, whatever) I did think the scene was clichéd to heck and back. I actually said out loud, "Don't tell me after all that he's now gonna kiss her anyway because she's crying!" *groan*

Anyway. An enjoyable enough ep and a fairly good send off (though some of the old age make-up was a bit cheesy and jeez, could they not manage to materialise a pair of scissors? Where is it written that all the men have to let their greying hair grow wild and free?!! Teal'c managed to keep his trimmed!! ).

Uh-tha-that's all folks!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Even if Teal'c still looks the same at the end of the ep, keep in mind, he was 102 back in 2000, so he was 109 in "Unending" at the start, so he's "149" now, Bra'tac is 143 (he was 133 in 1997 in "Bloodlines") so there is a huge piece of retcon here. Esp. with Teal'c being OLDER than Bra'tac now!

Anyone else agree?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        *CRIES*

I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME TWO!
                        I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIES!!!! i need a new episode...NOW!
                        "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                        sigpic

Comment

screen caps.
                          Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                            ME TWO!
                            I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIES!!!! i need a new episode...NOW!

Patience and you will get what you want. They will work on the film and please us. As you can see our voice was heard and they gave us another brief moment with the Asgard. You reckon Thor would have been more emotional had RDA been on the ship?

Comment

one question tho.... the ep starts out being not in our own galaxy, and the ori somehow track us there before the new tech is installed..... so...how does that work ?!

Comment

more
                                Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X