Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Me either. She is a highly pissed of woman.
    Highly pissed off "ascended woman".
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Highly pissed off "ascended woman".
      Ooops forgot how screwed we are for a sec.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1 View Post
        It was Baal when he took over Adria and uncovered that fact from her mind.
        I'm not sure what you're getting at. Not all the Ori are dead, because Adria is left.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I'm not sure what you're getting at. Not all the Ori are dead, because Adria is left.
          And she is going to be quite the force to reckon with.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This was a very sad ending, and Teal'cs life will be forever changed by it. But I still don't think it would hurt if he told them everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
              I think we will see the Asgard again. Thor said they "were moving on" he didn't say they were going to die, well he did say they were dieing but he said "moving on" which to me seems like ascension.
              It was stated that the Asgard had ruined any chance of achieving Ascension long ago by using science to evolve.

There are a lot of things that they should have done. Like maybe Daniel puting some critical knowledge he got from the Asgard database into a crystal.

Carter could have sent a crystal with the knowledge on how to modify the transporters to create food and whatever they want. Think of the benefits!! You could take ALL the garbage in the world and turn it into trees, water, food, whatever you wanted!!
              Err, why? They didn't lose any of the database...

Comment

I loved how they finally showed the technological prowess of the Asgard. It just sucks that they did that after the Asgard died. It's also lame how the Ancients did nothing to help the Asgard considering how the Asgard looked after the humans and gave them a fighting chance against the Ori.

I wonder what's going to happen to Atlantis now that they have all that Asgard technology. Once they get more upgrade their ships, they'll be able to cut a swath through the Wraith like Rosie O'Donnell at a buffet table.

Comment

It's sad that SG1 is finally over(least in the UK) but the ending isn't too different from the TNG episode "All Good Things...". It has the same feeling of it's over but not really over, wonder if the writers copied TNG for this ep.

Spoiler:
                  Plus the slip that "All Good Things..." line in the final scene.

Comment

For some reason I thought that the Ori ships didn't track them to Orilla at the beginning... I assumed the Asgard called the Ori ships to them... They were blowing up their planet and all, might as well take down a few ships with them...

Which makes sense, since they wanted "us" to witness their demise, so we'd be there when the Ori ships turned out and then self-destructed themselves... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                      Easy, she could have replicated a virtual O'Neill or at least a 'small' part of him to keep her busy!
                      Or maybe the cello has some "special" functions... Afterall, you need to "open your legs" to play the cello...

Comment

10/10.

A beautiful way to send the show off. From the beginning, it had a "finale" feel and really stuck through to the end. The time dilation was really intense and kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next.
                        There was a lot about this episode that I really enjoyed. First of all, it was entirely emotional driven. We got to see the characters interact, stuck in place with only time and a threat of certain desctruction against them.
                        I found myself crying through most of the episode, because the characters' feelings and reactions were so well written and portrayed. There were many different moments and emotions running throughout this episode that really strengthened it.
                        I also found this episode to be really cute. Because of the time dilation, we got to see more into the hopes and dreams of the characters-- what they wanted in life and what inspired them to do so in work and outside.
                        I would have liked to see more of Teal'c, but I'm glad that he, in the end, delivered the crystal to save them; I wouldn't trust anyone else to do so. I hope his hair is okay... that grey was really vivid.
                        I'll miss the asgard; I'm sure many may still be out there, since they had a lot of renegade science ships (like Loki's), but I'll probably miss Thor the most.

So basically, I loved this episode. I cried. A LOT. I'm totally looking forward to the movies now.

And as my final word (since I'm not going to argue with anyone's differing opinions, and I'll ask that people respect mine in return), I must say that this episode, to me, was beautiful. A very appropriate end to SG-1's television run.

Comment

Great ep, but it was sad knowing the Asgard are gone.

Does anyone know the name of the song that they played and the piece that Carter played on cello? I thought the cello music was appropriately sad and haunting - very fitting for those scenes.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Credence Clearwater Revival - Have you ever seen the rain. Good song .

I understand some people are disappointed I am too because it is over. We should cut these people some slack. They tried to do their best with the short amount of time they had. Let's hope they will do better with the films.

The ORI detected the Odyssey long before the core was integrated in the system. SAM gave us some technobable with the energy signature to explain why the ORI were tracking them. The ORI had help from Adria. Adria was aware that the Asagard technology will pose problems. It is true Daniel says the Ancients did not like other Ascended beings to mess around the MW but they never interfered in the past so why should we believe they did now? Adria is powerful enough to do what she wants. With all that Asgard technology I am sure cloak, shields, and weapons can work at the same time. Let us not forget this is the Asgard we are talking about and not Rodney Mckay who gives one good idea at the expense of great sacrifices (rodney replaces shields with cloak) . Give this technology to Rodney and he will have another project arcturus moment.

....so after their final attempt at restoring their race failed they turned to developing new defensive and offensive tech for the Tau'ri to use against the Ori and also living in another galaxy...
                            I totally agree with our colleague here....The Asgard did more for us than we will ever know. They spent their last moments giving us what we needed to kick some ori a$$ and not to find a solution to their race, stasis, download all of them into the core, etc...
                            Last edited by Integrabyte; 15 March 2007, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I think the Asgard dying was a copout. I'm pretty sure the NOX could have helped them out (they can restore people who died - lol, a simple genetic problem ain't a big deal).. Hmmm, even the priors can do the same thing...

It would have been better IMHO if the ascended also ascended the asgard (heck they did it for the abydonians no?)..

The asgard are more than worthy, they've defended a large part of the galaxy from the gould.

Comment

Originally posted by funks View Post
                                I think the Asgard dying was a copout. I'm pretty sure the NOX could have helped them out (they can restore people who died - lol, a simple genetic problem ain't a big deal).. Hmmm, even the priors can do the same thing...

It would have been better IMHO if the ascended also ascended the asgard (heck they did it for the abydonians no?)..

The asgard are more than worthy, they've defended a large part of the galaxy from the gould.

OMA did it for the Abydonians. She used to be reckless .

Comment

Working...
                                X