No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the field was around the ship (hull) while the generators could have recharged the beam was to close (inside the shield) for the shilds even at full strengh to do any good.

Comment

Well personally I think the ori are dead and adria is the only one left.All will be revealed in the arc of truth I suppose.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jerkface View Post
        All in all, a mediocre ending to what's became a mediocre-to-poor show. Here's hoping they bring something other than uber-tech, space battles, and childish characters to the movies. (I don't think they write well enough to drag Atlantis out of the hole they've put it in.)
        Reading through all of these rave reviews, I thought maybe I'd been watching the wrong show last night. It seems I'm not the only one.

As I expressed on another thread, not only was killing off the Asgard a terrible invocation of Plotius Devisius, but it was horribly done. Completely out of character for the Asgard to go out like that, and a pathetic ending for such a noble race. And Jack never even gets a mention, in an episode where one his best friends is about to blow himself up, along with his whole planet.

About the only thing I liked about the entire episode was the slight development between Daniel and Vala - not the relationship itself, as I've always loathed Vaniel, and what they did with Vala's character after PU. What I liked was that Vala's character actually managed to grow more than a little. Of course, TPTB took that growth away in the end...morons.

Of course, Sam misses the obvious solution to the time-reversal-energy-source-problem, and the Hewo is the one who spots it and saves them all.

And LANDRY?!?!

1) Was his death actually supposed to have some kind of effect on everyone? Apart from laughter?

2) What was with trying to pass him off as a third-rate Hammond in the last scene???

AWFUL.

A friend told me, "At least it ended the same way it's gone on the past two years. Craptacularly."

Consistency, in this case, wins you nothing...

Comment

You probably shouldn't think about that too much, the more i think about that myself the less sense it makes.
          Imho the Asgard Time Dilation device is way to powerful, the possibilities are infinite, it way a nice think to let the series end with a character episode, without ignoring the War.

As i understand the device it should affect the ship as well as the people.
          The i don't understand why the shields weren't regenerating, i mean 50yrs later they should be up to full power again.
          I don't know how the shields are connected with power of the ZPM, but i think between the hyperspacejumps the shields were up a bit again, which means with enough time shields are up to 100%.
          Well 50yrs seems more than enough.

Another thing is, why couldn't they move the ship?
          Within the field they should have been able to move as they want.

And if that won't work for some reason theres still the brute method of protecting the area that gets hit.
          They could even cut a hole in the ship, that the beam won't hit anything.
          This would cause some damage, but not more than the ori beam.

And if the Asgard have such powerful technology, why didn't they rout the Ori from the MW?
          One Asgard ship with the technology we witnessed would be more than a match for the Ori, considering brute force like weapons and shields only, don't even get me started how you could use the Time Dilation Device in a fight.

Comment

I have not read all the pages of this thread so it might have been mentioned but I did like the nod to Hammond when some Landry added "God Speed" when the team was about to go through the gate. Don't recall him saying that before.

Bring on the the films!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulanthony View Post
              I have a question.
              On board the ship they had a matter replication machine. Why didnt they just interface it to make some new ZPM's, then interface the new ZPM's to fully charge the shields, then turn off the time dilation field and blow the Ori to kingdom come?
              maybe i am missing something but seems like the obvious thing to do.
              Because a ZPM isn't just a physical object, it's a device that draws vacuum energy from a artificially created region of subspace, that is the piece that couldn't just be replicated.

If the beaming technology could be used to convert mass to energy that could be an option but there's no indication that a ZPM is similar to a battery, pumping energy back into it to recharge it probably isn't an option.

Anyone remember the ZPM that Camulus (sp?) tampered with to blow up when used? Would make one heck of a bomb eh?

Comment

Well it was ok but underwhelming. Some of the time spent on board the ship rang true (Cam going loopy, Daniel burying himself in research) but I can't believe no-one would have killed Vala. The 'old' makeup was dodgy, and what was with the long lank grey hair?! Couldn't they replicate a pair of scissors or a set of Carmen rollers, for crying out loud.

Not that I'm a shipper but where was any mention of Jack, regrets from Carter about what could have been. TPTB spend years teasing us with Jack/Sam only to whack us over the heads in S9/10 with comparatively full-on D/V. Thank goodness the barfing Daniel/Vala thing was undone and forgotten by the end, wish I could forget it too.

Just confirms my belief that they should have called it a day after S8.
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by crosby View Post
                  I have not read all the pages of this thread so it might have been mentioned but I did like the nod to Hammond when some Landry added "God Speed" when the team was about to go through the gate. Don't recall him saying that before.

Bring on the the films!!!
                  i did like that it was ofr old time sake
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Does anyone know if any transcripts will be available soon?
                    Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
                    Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
                    Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
                    Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
                    Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Finally watched it... and I'm gobsmacked...

I can't believe there won't be anymore episodes, but I'm happy it went out with such a bang and a fitting end, tying up the Fifth Race storyline in some ways, but trully opening it up for future storys in others. The Asgard stuff was epic, and the scenes on board the ship wer very good, enough to make you laugh in some parts and cry in others. And I'm so happy that we didn't loose the Asgard's legacy, they have not died for nothing.

RIP SG-1 (The Tv show anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by gary83 View Post
                        Does anyone know if any transcripts will be available soon?
                        might want to try google some other stargate sites might have some up.

Comment

Such an amazing episode. Wish they had Hammond and O'neill in it as it was a series finale.

One day they will return, we can all hope anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lokolo View Post
                            Such an amazing episode. Wish they had Hammond and O'neill in it as it was a series finale.

One day they will return, we can all hope anyway
                            well we might get O'Neill and Hammond in the second movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke1984
                              Does anyone have an ETA for this episode being put on youtube?
                              no cause your not supposed to talk about stuff like that. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37357

Comment

Originally posted by Mavy2k View Post
                                As i understand the device it should affect the ship as well as the people.
                                The i don't understand why the shields weren't regenerating, i mean 50yrs later they should be up to full power again.
                                I don't know how the shields are connected with power of the ZPM, but i think between the hyperspacejumps the shields were up a bit again, which means with enough time shields are up to 100%.
                                Well 50yrs seems more than enough.
                                I thought the problem was that they fixed the shields but they wouldn't have time to turn on the shields after turning off the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X