No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have 56k then you should probably have "show images" unticked in your forum options.

Pictures from the end of the whole show .

Spoiler:

Last edited by macktheknife; 14 March 2007, 01:25 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
      56k YOU DIE. Seriously. If you have a small download allowance or a crappy internet then it might be best to not click the spoiler pictures. All up (the whole lot) are 25mb.
      just FYI .. picture DO load when page loads ... you'll kill ppl with slower conns ..
      spoiler tags do NOT prevent pictures from loading, just from showing when page is loaded ...
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Amazing pictures....u are making me cry again....

Comment

Wow!!!!!!
          That was absolutly amazing! Asgard giving us all thier knowledge and technology
          Energy weapons!
          Asgard power source!
          Time dialation!
          All thier history!
          Matter fabrication!

They all died though
          We are the fifth race!

I have to say that this was one of the most amazing episodes of stargate ever! i could think of no better way for stargate to end, im blown away.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
            Who said they had the time to install all this latest tech in their warships?

Plus wouldn't you want your fleet gaurding your home planet while you try to perfect weapons to counter your enemy, rather than splitting it up and sending it out all over the universe.

Don't you think they would be trying to save their own fricken race before trying to save another galaxy?

The Asgard have never used that weapon technology in any battle before and probably made it just to counter the Ori after the events of Camelot.

And also I wouldn't want the Ori to get their little hands on the newest Asgard technology, thus blowing up their planet and ending the millenia long struggle to save their race, which would of ended sooner rather than later.

We saw 2 ships turn and head for the planet just before they self-destructed. They certainly would of gotten their hands on it.

The sloppiest thing they could of done is not mention the Asgard at all and just have another Lost City battle on earth to end the Ori storyline. Plus im sure all the big-battle lovers will get what they want come "The Ark of Truth".

I knew people would hate the episode for just being a reset, as I thought it was going to be, but it tied in a lot more with the actual storyline than it could of been. It was very original and masterfully done IMHO.
            i am thinking beyond just this episode .. you don't mention Atlantis at all.
            are TPTB going to pretend this never happened next season on Atlantis?
            that we don't have ALL Asgard knowladge?

Odyssey is prolly most powerful warship in Milky Way ... and we can equip Deadalus and Apollo same way ... we have seen TPTB blow up every damn advanced warship so far ... but what will happen now?

and what about new spin-off?

yes, great episode .. great way to end SG-1 .. but if it spells ending for whole SG univers, then it IS sloppy and should have have been done differently ...
            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
              just FYI .. picture DO load when page loads ... you'll kill ppl with slower conns ..
              spoiler tags do NOT prevent pictures from loading, just from showing when page is loaded ...
              thats what I thought after my pictures came up straight when I clicked the tag..

I have edited it again lol.

I've also added about 5 pictures I seem to have missed the first time around, in the daniel/vala argument/makeup/kiss.

btw if all this matter production, shields and laser weapons stay in any future stargate show, you might as well rename the show Star Trek.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
                btw if all this matter production, shields and laser weapons stay in any future stargate show, you might as well rename the show Star Trek.
                so true ... Odyssy is now like Enterprise
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Blowing up another advanced ship would kill Atlantis. They will not do it because they will destroy the Asgard....

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                    so true ... Odyssy is now like Enterprise

At the end of the day you could say that all Asgard ships are like the enterprise...let us not be mean....

Comment

Thanks Vala for giving us Season 9 & 10 with your little Hippie all about you Sex Life SG1 Show. Without you, SG1 would've gone to Season 11.

Last weeks Episode sucked big time, especially the end about your Virgina Scene.

The Best Scene is where Daniel finally tells Vala that everything doesent revolve around her and that made me very happy. If only he could've said it near the End of Season 9 and she gets killed, we would've got a Season 11.

I cant wait for the Movies, How many are they again and when will they air.

Thank you so much Scifi for giving us 8 Years of Stargate SG1 and 2 Years of The Vala Show.

Comment

Without VALA I don't think SEASON 10 would have continued .....She had only good things to bring to the show. I loved the way she patronised everyone yet passionately loved Daniel....

Comment

Hmmmmm. Not sure what to make of this episode. Because I was out last night, I SKY plussed it, and mercifully the annoying multi start icon doesn't show up on recordings!!!!I hate pressing back-up all the time!!!

Ok. The end, when they all went through the 'gate was so sad. that was the best bit for me, and a perfect end. Tears pricked my eyes. It was the end of an era. I felt pretty sad at that point.
                          The story was a good one, IMO, but not as good as others I've seen in the past. certainly nowhere near as good as The Lost City, pt I, IMO.

The Asgard dying was sad. I've always liked those little guys, and the scene between Sam and Thor was awesome. Actually I have to commend Amanda Tapping on her performance throughout this episode. She was fantastic, and this shows what an excellent actress she is. She was the only one I actually believed looked and acted as if she'd really aged. Her make up seemed more realistic than everyone else's too - except for Teal'c, who obviously didn't age much at all. The other men looked awful, and all over acted. Landry made me giggle! He looked dreadful, and sooooo hammily made up. Ouch!!! Horrendously clichéd long, grey hair? Come on, why wouldn't they have scissors? That was ridiculous, IMO! Just because you get old, doesn't mean you let your appearance go like that!!! The actors bodies needed to age too. It's not just your face and necks that age!!! It was like old heads on young bodies!!! So, thumbs down on that front for me!

The Daniel/Vala getting together scene was awful, IMO. I'm no lover of ship at the best of times. I'm no great Daniel or Vala lover either. However, he was so incredibly...mean, for want of a better word to Vala, and so out of character in that scene, (I've always found Daniel to be a gentle soul), when he really laid in to her character, that if I were her, I'd have slugged him one, and walked off - and certainly not ended up in bed with him.

The old reset button makes its curtain call on SG1 as a series. That, for me, ruins everything. Yes, Teal'c remembers it all, but did it really happen? Not as far as everyone else is concerned. I always feel cheated when that happens.

So, I'm not sure how I feel about Unending. Parts were excellent, parts were sad. Some of it was cheesy beyond belief, some so unrealistic, I cringed. Could it have been better? IMO, yes. Was it dreadful? No. If I didn't intend to buy the dvd's, I think I'd feel cheated, as nothing was concluded. I guess Sky will probably show the movies, so casual viewers can see the conclusion to the Ori storyline.

I still feel sad that the series has gone though. The icing on the cake would have been RDA putting in an appearance. After 8 years as the leading man on the show, it somehow felt odd not to have him there.

EDIT: With added spaces between paragraphs...because it's just soooo important
                          Last edited by Linzi; 14 March 2007, 02:33 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

They shouldve added Richard Dean Anderson into the Last Scene
                            Last edited by daventry; 14 March 2007, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I was so caught up in the whole Asgard issue that I completely forgot he wasnt there....Maybe this was the desired effect. About the whole reset button it might be a classic but at the end of the day Teal'c is not a person to invent things. He is wise enough and the SGC know this. The fact that he tels that quote at the end shows he knows many things and that is a burden he can only carry.

Comment

I didn't really find this episode a worthy end to the show really. I may be in a minority here but I was hoping for a little more from this one. We only ever saw the gate at the end and they were just onboard the ship all the time. I did like the beginning of the ep, touching yet horrible to see my favorit race go away like that. I also liked the end, but those 50 years on the ship didn't do for a good ending to the show IMHO. If it wasn't for the movie that will tie up the Ori storyline I would consider this a slap in the face if this was the actual ending to a show when so much better could have been done. And I really could have done without the D/V thing...

I was hoping for something more along the lines of "Lost City" but with a proper resolution. I thought "Moebius" or even "Threads" would have been a superb way to end the show...and I guess it did for me. Although, when I read the spoilers for this ep I thought it was going to be horrible, but it was okay. 6/10 from me, not the best of the season even! Not even top 50 of all time SG eps...

Comment

Working...
                                X