Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upinout View Post
    After watching the last episode ever of SG-1, I feel a little let down.

The Asgard. Wow. Hello and goodbye. I feel a little short-changed. After all the Asgard story-lines through the years, it seems a little cheap to give them such a brief farwell. That whole "passing of the torch" could have and should have been a whole story in and of it's self. I felt ripped off that it was so glossed over. "We are dying, here's our stuff. Goodbye"

Agree it was worthy of its own episode, but this is what you get when you cut your season down to 20 shows, each having about 40 minutes of creative content! Not but a couple of decades ago TV shows used to be circa 26 episodes/season, with 52-55 minutes.

Comment

I just finished watching Unending. I feel sad. LOL I know its only a TV show but, after 10 years.....as one person earlier in this thread said, it feels like they died and that we knew them so well. I look forward to the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin View Post
        I just finished watching Unending. I feel sad. LOL I know its only a TV show but, after 10 years.....as one person earlier in this thread said, it feels like they died and that we knew them so well. I look forward to the movies.
        I know what you mean. After 10 years it feels like I just lost my best friend. At least we still have SGA, the movies and series 3 to look forward to!
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
          I'm not too into the entire Daniel/Vala ship, so that is one downside of the episode for me.
          Pretty much my thoughts too. Other than that, the episode was quite pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I find it hard to see how even the biggest critic of season 10 could fail to like this episode, some of the character interactions were the best I've ever seen on Stargate.
            In fairness I didn't know about the movies so I was hoping for more of a rap up of the whole Ori story in some way.
            I am not a critic of season 10 and the character interaction was very good. But what I was getting at was the lack of summing up of the season and series in the episode.
            But now I've read about the movies a little I can see why it didn't finnish the way i thought it would have.

Comment

Just got done seeing the episode. It was even better than it sounded from others. What an ending to such a great show. Personally, I couldn't see them ending it any other way now. Simply outstanding. I give it a 10/10 for sure. I even teared up a bit at the end there.

I'm going to miss you, SG-1. Thanks for being a part of my life for 10 wonderful years. Now, on with those movies.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Just got done seeing the episode. It was even better than it sounded from others. What an ending to such a great show. Personally, I couldn't see them ending it any other way now. Simply outstanding. I give it a 10/10 for sure. I even teared up a bit at the end there.

I'm going to miss you, SG-1. Thanks for being a part of my life for 10 wonderful years. Now, on with those movies.
                Yes on with the movies! As many as they can throw at us!

Comment

As someone who's been watching Stargate as long as they can remember (I'm 18) I'm very sad that it's over, but that this was a great way to end the series - The movies will wind up the RDA problems. I 100% guarantee theres a recording built into the ship for when O'Neil comes on board. I will miss you so much SG-1!

Comment

It just occurred to me. They managed to kill Daniel AGAIN before SG-1 ended!

(hint: Carter said that everyone would die for a few milliseconds when the shields went off)

Comment

Originally posted by The5thRace View Post
                      I just saw the last ever episode of Stargate SG1 afew hours ago and it did not live up to the hipe.
                      It was very unfulfilling and abit boring. Don't get me wrong it's worth watching it has a very good story but I feel the great series that is Stargate SG1 went out so softly I think the whole thing ends in a whimper radar than a bang.
                      Although the story is good it's just not last episode stuff!
                      Disappointing really.
                      We must have seen two different eps b/c what I saw was great but to each's own.

Comment

It would be nice to see when SGA starts the new season that whatever Earth ship is in the Pegasus galaxy has the new weapons installed. We would be really kickin' some Wraith ass then. LOL

Comment

Ok....so what I don't get....is...If the Asgard were giving us all their technology...how come they didn't give us there ships too?
                          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, I've just read the plot summery on Wikipedia, an I must say that when Daniel died at the end of season 5, I felt sad. When Prometheus blow up, I almost cried. Now after the Asgaurd died, I don't feel sad, I feel Angry! Really Angry!

I don't blame Robert C. Cooper, it sounds like a pretty good episode. I blame the Sci-fi channel! I hope who ever is in charge of it dies a very painful death, no waith, scratch that! I Pray that them and their intire family Die a very painful and long Death!

I ask that if any of the produces should read this, that they will do the following: The moment the contract with the Sci-Fi channel to rights for Stargate Atlantis are up, tell them to get F**ked and find another channel that will take both SG-1 and Atlantis, and then bring back the Asguard!
                            The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                            Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
                              Ok....so what I don't get....is...If the Asgard were giving us all their technology...how come they didn't give us there ships too?
                              I think we, the viewers, will have to read some things into the storyline here.

Given that the Asgard were divided about the whole bequeathment, there were probably some who argued that immediately unloading a few dozen ships on the Earth humans would have merely given the humans enough toys to kill themselves quickly. Remember, the Asgard would be aware of the IOA, given how it was Thor who, by his appearance to the ambassadors, convinced the other countries of the Earth to let the US military keep in control.

Perhaps giving the US too many ships would have been too hard for the other nations to swallow, or there would be too great a temptation for the US to use them for merely Earth bound squabbles.

Making the humans actually having to learn the Asgard tech from the holographic tutoring will enable humans to learn, not just blow up their new toys.

Comment

Score for Unending: 10/10
                                Score for Stargate SG1: 9/10

Comment

Working...
                                X