No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She already had enough of a distraction with Gen Landry's death. I think Jack's would have given her a meltdown.

Comment

Exactly.

Besides RDM was already starting to let himself go by this point too.
      Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
        Exactly.

If you mean RDA I would just like to point out that neither Landry nor Hammond were exactly eye candy. I really don't think RDA's physical appearance should matter on whether or not he should guest star. It was more than likely RCC's attitude towards RDA which meant no Jack in this episode.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          If you mean RDA I would just like to point out that neither Landry nor Hammond were exactly eye candy. I really don't think RDA's physical appearance should matter on whether or not he should guest star. It was more than likely RCC's attitude towards RDA which meant no Jack in this episode.
          Typo.

I was not talking about eye candy. But the fact is when your former lead star of that show looks bloated, then it could become somewhat an issue. Though of course in the context of the episode, Landry should have been on the Odyssey but it would have been natural for O'Neil to be there.
          Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            By the time the series was cancelled RDA had already been contracted for his five episodes. The budget had been established. So I think more than anything RDA not appearing was money motivated
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              By the time the series was cancelled RDA had already been contracted for his five episodes. The budget had been established. So I think more than anything RDA not appearing was money motivated
              I agree. They would have had to pay him and Beau was already being paid, so why? The budget is the budget. It's not like MGM or syfy are going to cough up more money for a show that had it's plug pulled.

Though, if I had the energy to care, I'd still be irritated that Stargate used RDA on SGA more than on SG-1 for those 5 eps. RDA was also surprised about that.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Exactly.

He did not let himself go. He had several surgeries which required him to take a bunch of medication, which medication caused the weight gain. He couldn't stop taking the medication and neglecting his health in order to appear in a few episodes of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  He did not let himself go. He had several surgeries which required him to take a bunch of medication, which medication caused the weight gain. He couldn't stop taking the medication and neglecting his health in order to appear in a few episodes of SG1.
                  Did not know that. Thanks.

What were the surgeries?
                  Hi There!

Comment

Did not know that. Thanks.

What were the surgeries?
                    Both feet. I think the ankles might also have been involved. He's probably broken most of the bones in his body over the course of his life.

Comment

You also have to look at the point that since Jack hasn't been part of a front line team he's been doing the politician thing and being stuck behind a desk, neither of which would help with his physical state so a natural part of that would be weight gain simply due to a role change so RDA putting weight on wouldn't effect the character of Jack as he now stands, IMHO if course..

Comment

Naturally. Take a look at the military. The higher up you go, the less likely you need to do grunt work, work where it keeps you in shape. So the higher up you go, the less physical you get and unless you take it upon yourself to exercise, the more likely, the military member, enlisted or officer will become out of shape.
                        Hi There!

Comment

I liked this episode but don't think it is a very good cap to the series or season. This episode could have been put anywhere in the season and still have worked.

Daniel was pretty mean in this episode. I was hoping Vala would write him off and hook up with someone else. I was also hoping Sam would hook up with someone. I kind of thought a kid would be thrown in the mix to cause trouble. If they reverse time the kid is never born oh no. The reversal of time didn't have a downside so it was a easy choice. Would have been nice to throw a monkey wrench in the plan to make it a difficult choice.

Comment

Daniel and Vala have a kid, the kid does the reverse time trip instead of Teal'C and you're left with a kid handing Sam a crystal and then we all have no idea wtf happened...

Comment

Hi, i'm new! i loved this episode, is a great (half)conclusion for the series... but i have two questions.

1) i don't understand why landry is on the ship! why is not at the the sg1 command as usual?

2) Why Teal'c now in not old as Bra'tac? is a effect of tretonin, maybe?

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                                Daniel and Vala have a kid, the kid does the reverse time trip instead of Teal'C and you're left with a kid handing Sam a crystal and then we all have no idea wtf happened...
                                Then they get back to SGC and everyone freaks out about the kid being Daniel's and Vala's. Then, some fans walk into the set and ask the cast wtf are they doing. Screen goes black, Syfy axes the show and the fans... still *****ing about the kid. SGA ends, fans walk into the set again and Syfy does the axing again... Then the writers make SGU and pretend the fans walking into the set mid-scene never happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X