No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was a good finale, not the best though. But they had their ideas for a movie, so I think it ended the series well enough. And calling it 'Unending' was a great idea. ;D The only thing that really disapointed me was not seing Jack in it. : ( Making the Sam/Jack relationship work or not is another thing completly, but they could have at least brought Jack back. He's an important figure in SG1, in the hole franchise too, so I had hoped to see him in the SG1 finale.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

having not long watch the SGA finale I prefer Unending.

Comment

The only, only way this episode could have been better was if O'Neill was in it. Still a 10/10 it's such a great way to end 10 years.

Comment

I cried the first time I watched this episode and I still cry every time that I watch it.
          But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

Nice episode and series finale, 9/10. Sorry to see SG1 go, but it was due. I'm glad they didn't go with a cliff hanger, but at least a show with an end and a little introspective. The season itself was already a cliffhanger enough, with a lot of unanswered story lines.

Comment

This episode was awesome. It was about time some romance started between Daniel and Vala. Too bad it all got reversed and they never knew! >__<

Comment

terrible, terrible ending for a great show.

Comment

Just finished the series again. I have always enjoyed this episode. I wish RDA had been in it, it would have been a very easy plot fix as the Asgaurd really really like him. Perhaps he opted out. I also feel DSD should have had an appearance as well. All in all though, this was INDEED a good way to end. I remember when this episode first came out, I was deployed then as well, I sat on it for 3 weeks before I watched it. I knew once I did, that was it. It was over. Like so many other I never wanted it to end (despite my feelings about the Ori story and Vala). Time to start over I suppose haha. Now that it is over, I can't wait to got back to COTG.
                  Teal'c: You have been impregnated without copulation.
                  Vala: Yes, and I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?
                  Mitchell: Well, there's one.
                  Teal'c: Darth Vader.

Comment

I just saw the episode and I have a question. Time was dilated where they were, not in the entire galaxy? I don't understand how 50 years haven't passed in earth when they come back. Or how they could reverse time for the whole galaxy. can someone explain this to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Meryl View Post
                      I just saw the episode and I have a question. Time was dilated where they were, not in the entire galaxy? I don't understand how 50 years haven't passed in earth when they come back. Or how they could reverse time for the whole galaxy. can someone explain this to me?
                      I had that same thought haha.
                      Vala: Yes, and I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?

Comment

Well, thanks for saying it because I felt stupid for asking the question

Comment

Well, thanks for saying it because I felt stupid for asking the question
                          post your question over in the questions you always wanted to ask thread. people dont really check the episode threads often.

Comment

From the episode:

CARTER: So thanks to Asgard technology, we are in a time dilation bubble. While time may appear to be passing at a normal rate for us, in fact years will pass inside the bubble while mere fractions of a second pass outside the field.
                            Time within the field passed at a much much faster rate than time outside of it. The Replicators did this same type of thing in Unnatural Selection. They messed with the time device intended to trap them and sped up the time dilation so that time passed by very fast for them compared to those outside. And if you watched SGA, Epiphany employed the same concept
                            Spoiler:
                            with Sheppard being trapped inside a field where time passed at a faster rate. It was months for him and only hours for McKay and the rest who where trying to rescue him.

The reset button in Unending was only pressed for those within the bubble (except for Teal'c). Everything else carried on as normal and basically no time every passed in normal space, to include Earth.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              From the episode:

Time within the field passed at a much much faster rate than time outside of it. The Replicators did this same type of thing in Unnatural Selection. They messed with the time device intended to trap them and sped up the time dilation so that time passed by very fast for them compared to those outside. And if you watched SGA, Epiphany employed the same concept
                              Spoiler:
                              with Sheppard being trapped inside a field where time passed at a faster rate. It was months for him and only hours for McKay and the rest who where trying to rescue him.

The reset button in Unending was only pressed for those within the bubble (except for Teal'c). Everything else carried on as normal and basically no time every passed in normal space, to include Earth.
                              Everything is now clear, thank you very much!

Comment

Sad to see the Asgard go. I must say I enjoyed Vala and Daniel together, even if I've never shipped those two before.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X