Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    I just finished watching.WOW best episode in 10 years ever!!Absolutely brilliant.Vala did a great job as well as the rest of the SG1+Ball+and of course Adria.She was really hot in her new outfit I can't believe that we have to wait a year for a conclusion.I'm sure we'll see her againg(at least I hope )
    I'm pretty sure they were taking about a late summer/fall release for the 1st movie, so I hope it isn't a full year!
    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
      I'm pretty sure they were taking about a late summer/fall release for the 1st movie, so I hope it isn't a full year!

I hope so...
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Being the second to last episode made people ignore the fact that it was one of the most flawed episodes in Season 10. I liked it a lot, do not misunderstand me, but it had some bounty-family-ties thing about it. Do not chop my head off for not praising this episode like 99% of the people here.

1. About the cloak on the Odyssey, there is no reason and proof to believe Sam managed suddenly to do it. She could not have done this even with data gathered from Atlantis. I ask you, what data? I mean Rodney is to busy with lemons than actually interfacing a puddle jumper cloak with Daedalus or Apollo. There is no cloak of this magnitude in either shows .

2. Let's turn now to the ORI Armada. What happened to it? Plenty of ships came to the MW and plenty remained.

3. That random device used to replace Vala's memories. When did they get it? Not even the Goa'uld had something so advanced.

In my opinion the last episode about the Ori should have been the one with Merlin. The cast should have started filming the FILM use Dominion (filling all the voids in this episode) and finish the Ori storyline. The film could start with a properly done DOMINION, continue with super god Adria ascended who decides to destroy SG1 and convert the whole galaxy, etc. A properly done FILM is worth more than a flawed episode...

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
          The whole Ori thing was terribly handled. All that happens is they send it through in 1 ep & we are told they are gone. Then in the next Ori centric ep, their MW leader is then killed off.

I feel it's as much a cop-out as what they did in 'The Return II' with the Lanteans.
          I agree. Way too convenient techniques of offing your enemies which are supposed to be so powerful.

Overall it was an ok episode but with only 41 minutes in a single TV episode there was too much trying to be accomplished, so parts of the plot were touched on too lightly.

Regarding Adria's special necklace/protector. She had explained before that it was part of the Ori holy city (Celestes I believe the name was.) With the Ori dead one would presume that any such relic, which did not operate via her own advanced human capabilities, would no longer be useful. Thus another confirmation of the Ori's death.

Also, the writers have long established that the Ascended beings that hang around the MilkyWay, which include ascended Ancients but others as well, will not tolerate ascended beings playing God and interfering directly. So we can safely assume that the ascended Adria will not be able to do much with the remaining Ori armies still in the MilkyWay, much less the Earth.

As such, I suspect in the movie we will see Adria either (1) reincarnated if she insists on staying in the MilkyWay, or (2) back in the Ori galaxy, either reincarnated or in an ascended state.

In summary, I'm convinced that we can now know that Merlin's device worked (at least in a limited way), and the SG-1's remaining task is cleaning up the leaderless armies. However, there exists the possibility that the Ori galaxy now has one supremely sexy ascended Ori controlling.
          Last edited by freetoken; 07 March 2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Integrabyte:You're right about that.This episode should have lasted for 60+ minutes to explain everything.TPTB created more questions(about Ori/Ancients, Ori armada, cloaking the Odyssey and that device)
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Great episode, I loved the digs at dancing with the stars . . . Just wish I could watch the movies NOW lol

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin View Post
                Did anyone else notice that when Adria ascended that the light reflection on Vala's face was white as if Daniel or one of the Ancients ascended and not the red reflection of flames that would represent the ascended Ori?

What makes you think theres a red reflection of flames representing ascended Ori???
                Up until now we didnt think their followers could ascended and we have never seen an ascended Ori. I think your refering to the whole fire prior turning ori guy, he wasnt ascended i think he was just a uber prior.
                "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                sigpic

Comment

Also, the writers have long established that the Ascended beings that hang around the MilkyWay, which include ascended Ancients but others as well, will not tolerate ascended beings playing God and interfering directly. So we can safely assume that the ascended Adria will not be able to do much with the remaining Ori armies still in the MilkyWay, much less the Earth

They will not interfere. They allowed Anubis to do what he pleased. He was caught between two planes of existence, true, but he was not normal and had access to knowledge known only by the ancients. Luckily DANIEL convinced OMA to sacrifice herself, otherwise...

A couple things need to be praised but not related to the storyline.

1. Morena played extremely well. When she was Baal she smirked and smiled exactly like him. She did a very good job copying Cliff Simon.
                  2. Claudia Black overshadowed everyone. The way she acted shows she is a very valuable asset to the show. She has this tough girl image yet you can see how sad she was that Adria was a Goa'uld, the extraction failed, and when the Tok'ra wanted to kill Adria.

I wonder, had Vala had the chance to use her weapon....would she kill Adria? I mean Adria did say "I wondered if you...". But Vala is unpredictable we cannot assume she would actually kill Adria with her own hands .

Back to the bad parts...

1. Daniel uses the EM device, gets past Adria's personal shield, with Merlin's last breath hits her and she falls on the floor unconscious. What happens to Adria after the ship goes through the super gate? She wakes up like after a hangover and decides to come back? There is no development in the story since they announced they will cancel the show.

2. There is no proof that CELESTIS was destroyed. I mean, the city was inhabited by the ori but it was not "ascended" or anything similar in order to be affected by Merlin's device, if you catch my drift. So all the Ori are destroyed but why is the City destroyed? Does Adria get back to Celestis, sees all the ORI dead? I mean if you wipe out all the ascended ancients you will not destroy Atlantis with them.
                  3. Adria's shield. If the city had no connection to the ORI and Ascended beings why did it not protect her? The necklace had a piece from Celestis. Adria ravishes a bar with her powers in order to protect her "mother". If she can do this, why would her shield not work? I mean there is nothing in the episode to show that her shield is "out of power" .
                  4. How did SG1 know they would actually capture Adria? Every time they had her one on one they lost. The Quest 1&2 episodes, Mitchell says "Why do I bother"? ....Why does he bother this time? You would think he knows her shield will not work? But where in the episode he gets this information.

5. Then the jaffa comes and tags Adria like she would be some kind of slave? What's up with that? How did the jaffa know her shield will not work?
                  6. Since when can you get a lock on Adria even if you tag her?

TPTB, turned Adria in two episodes from the most powerful being to everyone's slave without actually showing why she became that way. We can only assume but the episodes do not support the assumptions....

They slowly killed SEASON 10 just to continue Atlantis....
                  Last edited by Integrabyte; 07 March 2007, 01:41 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Integrabyte;6410850]
                    1. About the cloak on the Odyssey, there is no reason and proof to believe Sam managed suddenly to do it. She could not have done this even with data gathered from Atlantis. I ask you, what data? I mean Rodney is to busy with lemons than actually interfacing a puddle jumper cloak with Daedalus or Apollo. There is no cloak of this magnitude in either shows . [QUOTE]

Daniel added it when he had merlin's mind

[QUOTE=Integrabyte;6410850]3. That random device used to replace Vala's memories. When did they get it? Not even the Goa'uld had something so advanced. [QUOTE]

I assumed it came from the planet in season 4's beneath the surface.

Also why would Vala's shield protect her from someone putting a tag on her? The reason why the shield did not protect her was that no-one was attacking her, they put a tag on her arm and then beamed her up, they then took the shield off her.

How long has Ba'al been using beaming technology instead of rings?

Why aren't the quotes working?

Comment

That random device used to replace Vala's memories. When did they get it? Not even the Goa'uld had something so advanced
                      That device was in Collateral Damage in Season 9, the Galarans built it after studying a Goa'uld memory device. And it appeared again in Stronghold when Cam uses it to share his memories with his dying friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        They will not interfere. They allowed Anubis to do what he pleased. He was caught between two planes of existence, true, but he was not normal and had access to knowledge known only by the ancients. Luckily DANIEL convinced OMA to sacrifice herself, otherwise....

they only allowed anubis to do that becuase they wanted to punish oma

Comment

Daniel added it when he had merlin's mind
                          I agree, so why did it work in this episode and it did not work in the episodes between the one where Daniel puts it and Dominion? Why does it suddenly work now?

they only allowed anubis to do that becuase they wanted to punish oma
                          Okay, so let me get this straight . The Ancients punish Oma by letting Anubis do what he wants and then they punish her again when she kills him...that sucks .

Also why would Vala's shield protect her from someone putting a tag on her? The reason why the shield did not protect her was that no-one was attacking her, they put a tag on her arm and then beamed her up, they then took the shield off her.
                          A very, very, very....dodgy explanation ....but it could work....

Comment

The TV film about the Ori better have a beter climax than this one as it was a rubbish last Ori episode for the TV series. I mean the Gou'ald and replicators went out with a BANG in reckoning and this one did not even have open space battle. Not what i was hoping for at all. All it was was talk talk talk.

I hope the film has a massive battle againist the Ori like Camalot did only 10x bigger with loads of ships and allies and ori and ancants flying around. I mean iu am disapointed that the ori are dead as i wanted 2 see them die as there flames burnt out and city falls apart.

Also if she accended she would become an Ori in the Milky Way there4 would the ancients have takern action and killed her as its the number 1 rule brokern? No Ori in the MW?

However the CGI Goa'uld was cool looks so i gess that was a plus.

overall 4/10. Lets hope next weeks episode goes out with a bang.
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

All of the episode held my attention...very interesting. Don't know why they didn't put this one earlier. Not fantastic, but bloody good (by the standards of season 10 only...). Nice to see that the Tok'ra are still hanging around, but they and their fight against the Ori ought to have be shown at some point. More scenes where the rabid shipper in me swore there was D/V stuff going on (but I was disappointed...however I'm glad that I was lol).

I liked this one a lot and even going by other standards, still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                3. That random device used to replace Vala's memories. When did they get it? Not even the Goa'uld had something so advanced.
                                The 'random device' was a Galaran memory implant technology that was seen last season when Mitchell was framed on the Galaran homeworld for the death of a scientist. So its not random.

Goa'uld have been known to use brainwashing technology before. Za'tarc. Ryac was subject to brainwashing as well as Teal'c at one time.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X