No announcement yet.

Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, Sam was kicking arse on the G-36k. About time we got to see someone other than Mitchell use one. And Teal'c and those awesome glasses he had when they were cutting through the door! Badarse!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      Haha, Sam was kicking arse on the G-36k. About time we got to see someone other than Mitchell use one. And Teal'c and those awesome glasses he had when they were cutting through the door! Badarse!
      LOL Indeed! And I thought I was the only one who knew what that gun was!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that when Adria ascended that the light reflection on Vala's face was white as if Daniel or one of the Ancients ascended and not the red reflection of flames that would represent the ascended Ori?

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin View Post
          Did anyone else notice that when Adria ascended that the light reflection on Vala's face was white as if Daniel or one of the Ancients ascended and not the red reflection of flames that would represent the ascended Ori?
          Ascension is ascension no matter what. If we saw flames it mean she was burned like Gerak.

Comment

Wow...that was...I'm speechless. Great GREAT episode. It's just very hard to put it into words without doing the points system, which I reserve for regular episodes. But this...I need to write a normal review for this!

Let's get the obvious out first: God Adria was hot. Yes yes, young male hormones are acting up, but can you really blame me? The combined efforts of God, Morena Baccarin, and the costume and make-up people have created a sight to behold. I thank them for this, on behalf of all straight males and homosexual females.

Now, let's talk about Vala. You'd think having this much focus on her would make me get bored of her? Yeah, in your dreams. I loved her tonight; at the beginning, as I've been exposed to some minor spoilers, I knew it was all a plan, but right away I was unsure since, obviously, Adria would've known if she was lying; what's happening here? I was floored when it all unraveled once Vala got back to the SGC. Very good use of overall Stargate canon and references, and I loved her video. What's more, I really felt for her. She knew that there was pretty much no way out of that situation except for Adria to die, and I think all of the other characters warning her about it just made it that much clearer. I'm so glad they decided to focus just on Vala when Adria ascended, it made it a lot more personal than just a fancy lightshow with awesome music in the background. I tell ya, you could've read her like a book with the emotion she was displaying in that few seconds as she watched her daughter turn into light right before her eyes.

Wow, that was a big paragraph. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Claudia Black has to, HAS TO be involved in another Stargate series; it will be a shame for the franchise to not exploit cherish her obvious talents.

As with our hero's plans, I was floored by Ba'al's as well. It's nice when you get a villain that's always a step ahead of everyone else, and Ba'al is really the only one I can think of out of the whole Stargate franchise. I loved his little banter, and well, his Ba'al-ness.
            Spoiler:
            I'm very glad we'll be seeing more of him down the road

A little nitpick though...whatever happened to Adria's personal shield? Huh, I guess Danny disabled it permanently or something.

So, the Ori are dead eh? Good. I think that when we really think about it, the face of the Ori has always been the Priors, the soldiers, or Adria. Even though they go on and on about the Ori all the time, it's always been them that we've looked at, or talked to, or killed off. Let's see how our heroes handle the real bad guys of the Ori arc.

Just a short note about the other characters. It's true they weren't used that much in this episode, but I liked what they had, especially Danny. I'm a closet Vaniel fan (just starting to get into shipping, thanks to Avatar...no, not the Stargate episode), so I liked that bit where he picked up Vala's chin. What a nice guy.

We got to see the Tok'Ra again!

Finally, let's talk about that ending. There has been only a few instances in this entire show that I've been this tense during the ending (Pegasus Project and Camelot comes to mind), and boy, it warrented. For most of the time I was wondering whether Adria is really going to go, which, I'll admit, would be a huge development in Stargate that usually doesn't happen. I guess I should've known better. The panick-y-ness of Sam, Mitch, and Teal'c, coupled with a suffocating Daniel, AND adding on a tremendous score by Joel Goldsmith that played just as Vala watched Adria ascend...wow, can't beat that, although I'm sure it'll be fun watching them try. Truly one of the best moments of the show. I think that slow-mo shot of Vala as her face is lit up will be one of the defining moments of the show for me.

But...there is a weird feeling. This is, afterall, the penultimate episode of Stargate SG1. Even right now, it's hard to supress the sadness of that, which means I'll probably be crying (which I haven't done for...geez, years?) when Unending airs. I don't know if I can accept that. Of course, there is only one way to find out. Next Tuesday is the end of an era.

Score: 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Wow...that was...I'm speechless. Great GREAT episode. It's just very hard to put it into words without doing the points system, which I reserve for regular episodes. But this...I need to write a normal review for this!

Let's get the obvious out first: God Adria was hot. Yes yes, young male hormones are acting up, but can you really blame me? The combined efforts of God, Morena Baccarin, and the costume and make-up people have created a sight to behold. I thank them for this, on behalf of all straight males and homosexual females.

Now, let's talk about Vala. You'd think having this much focus on her would make me get bored of her? Yeah, in your dreams. I loved her tonight; at the beginning, as I've been exposed to some minor spoilers, I knew it was all a plan, but right away I was unsure since, obviously, Adria would've known if she was lying; what's happening here? I was floored when it all unraveled once Vala got back to the SGC. Very good use of overall Stargate canon and references, and I loved her video. What's more, I really felt for her. She knew that there was pretty much no way out of that situation except for Adria to die, and I think all of the other characters warning her about it just made it that much clearer. I'm so glad they decided to focus just on Vala when Adria ascended, it made it a lot more personal than just a fancy lightshow with awesome music in the background. I tell ya, you could've read her like a book with the emotion she was displaying in that few seconds as she watched her daughter turn into light right before her eyes.

Wow, that was a big paragraph. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Claudia Black has to, HAS TO be involved in another Stargate series; it will be a shame for the franchise to not exploit cherish her obvious talents.

As with our hero's plans, I was floored by Ba'al's as well. It's nice when you get a villain that's always a step ahead of everyone else, and Ba'al is really the only one I can think of out of the whole Stargate franchise. I loved his little banter, and well, his Ba'al-ness.
              Spoiler:
              I'm very glad we'll be seeing more of him down the road

A little nitpick though...whatever happened to Adria's personal shield? Huh, I guess Danny disabled it permanently or something.

So, the Ori are dead eh? Good. I think that when we really think about it, the face of the Ori has always been the Priors, the soldiers, or Adria. Even though they go on and on about the Ori all the time, it's always been them that we've looked at, or talked to, or killed off. Let's see how our heroes handle the real bad guys of the Ori arc.

Just a short note about the other characters. It's true they weren't used that much in this episode, but I liked what they had, especially Danny. I'm a closet Vaniel fan (just starting to get into shipping, thanks to Avatar...no, not the Stargate episode), so I liked that bit where he picked up Vala's chin. What a nice guy.

We got to see the Tok'Ra again!

Finally, let's talk about that ending. There has been only a few instances in this entire show that I've been this tense during the ending (Pegasus Project and Camelot comes to mind), and boy, it warrented. For most of the time I was wondering whether Adria is really going to go, which, I'll admit, would be a huge development in Stargate that usually doesn't happen. I guess I should've known better. The panick-y-ness of Sam, Mitch, and Teal'c, coupled with a suffocating Daniel, AND adding on a tremendous score by Joel Goldsmith that played just as Vala watched Adria ascend...wow, can't beat that, although I'm sure it'll be fun watching them try. Truly one of the best moments of the show. I think that slow-mo shot of Vala as her face is lit up will be one of the defining moments of the show for me.

But...there is a weird feeling. This is, afterall, the penultimate episode of Stargate SG1. Even right now, it's hard to supress the sadness of that, which means I'll probably be crying (which I haven't done for...geez, years?) when Unending airs. I don't know if I can accept that. Of course, there is only one way to find out. Next Tuesday is the end of an era.

Score: 10/10
              End of an era? Never! SG-1 will continue as long as us fans support it and remember it. Also about the shield she had it when she stepped through the gate so I just assumed ba'al took it off.

Comment

Hmmm...good point, but the Jaffa had problem putting a tag onto her...eh, no big deal.

I mean "end of an era" as in the end of the show. Even if SG1 will live on forever (which it will; don't deny it), it's still something pretty big.

Comment

I called it!

Ba'al takes Adria as a host!

Way back! They did it I am so h
                  appy! Best way to basically end SG1 season 10.

But if you remember I had Adria in kid form with glowy eyes.... Sweeeeet!! Even though this is not the very last episode, I am happy with how it ended.

Comment

havent seen this one yet...though if adria ascended it wont be long b4 she breaks one of the rules and the 'others' send her some punishment...suprised actually that they didnt intervene as she was ascending...

Comment

Actually, why can't she just leave the Milky Way? We know the Ascended plane has a sense of distance. Why don't she just go over to the Ori galaxy or something? That way, the Ancients can't touch her...maybe.

Comment

What can I add that hasn't already been said? Not much - apart from major wow.

What an amazing ep! CB as excellent as ever (no surprise there, eh?). I loved the scene where she recorded a message to herself for when they got her back to the SGC and had to tell her her memories were implanted. Is she capable of taking anything seriously? I hope not. It's much more fun that way.

Ba'al being his usual smarmy self - and not letting up on the random atrocities, I see. I bet CS had much fun being a roomful of corpses!

I don't know how many others would (or do) agree with me, but Ba'al really has turned out to be the top Goa'uld baddy for the whole Series. He's incredibly smart, a techno-magpie, shifty, smug (a lot of s's there, I note) and always seems to be one step ahead; so everyone is scrambling along playing catch up. He's good exercise for people who like to make plans up as they go along.

Only downer - this was the penultimate episode! There is only one more to go!!!

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure we've not seen the last of Baal because:

Spoiler:
                          If I remember right, he's in one of the films to come.

Comment

Okay, first off: Baal was a proper bad guy again!!! And we even got a couple of lines in the proper Goa'uld voice.
                            Damn, he's cool...

Anyway, what a great episode. There was a great sense of tension throughout.

A few nice moments with Daniel and Vala.

If season 11 had been picked up, Dominion would have made a great season finale. (with a cliffhanger)

9.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              Okay, first off: Baal was a proper bad guy again!!! And we even got a couple of lines in the proper Goa'uld voice.
                              Damn, he's cool...

Anyway, what a great episode. There was a great sense of tension throughout.

A few nice moments with Daniel and Vala.

If season 11 had been picked up, Dominion would have made a great season finale. (with a cliffhanger)

9.5/10
                              Indeed it would. But answer this, is it me or do most female Goa'ulds sound the same when speaking as the symbiote?

Comment

I just finished watching.WOW best episode in 10 years ever!!Absolutely brilliant.Vala did a great job as well as the rest of the SG1+Ball+and of course Adria.She was really hot in her new outfit I can't believe that we have to wait a year for a conclusion.I'm sure we'll see her againg(at least I hope )
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X