Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    I stand corrected. When you chat on msn in 3 different languages and post on gateworld in a 4th you tend to make mistakes. I wanted something like we had in the past....for example: 1"Colonel, you are the only one who can fly the ship because you have the ancient gene" 2.If we place a charge at the event horizon the wormhole will jump to the nearest gate." and so on and so forth. So you were bored 99% of the time when Sam started the technobabble? I guess you would accept the fact that O'Neill was the only one able to fly the ancient puddle jumper without and explanations. Also you would not be astonished if ,in the episode when they dial the planet on a collision course with a black hole, the SGC gate would suddenly stop with no explanation and everyone would go to the cafeteria. Guess you would prefer the SG1 people not to waste time explaining boring stuff like how the ORI converted a planet into a micro singularity in order create their super gate. According to you, everything said in "Beach head" is a waste of time. You would prefer, to have the super gate shoved on the screen without any info on it ....
    No, because you need to know what's going on in Beach Head. Did anyone actually think at the end of 'The Shroud' that she wouldn't of figured it out? It wasn't portrayed as much of a problem, not to mention the fact that we saw it with the cloak off inbetween episodes. It's like when she managed to rig a naquadah generator to stuff, we don't need to know exactly how she did it, it's the fact that she did that's important.

Comment

There is one thing that just didn't make any sense to me. Adria had an anti-Prior device on her ship. Being as intelligent as she is wouldn't she have turned it on before returning, in order to be able counteract its effects, so that people wouldn't be able to use it again on her?

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient View Post
        There is one thing that just didn't make any sense to me. Adria had an anti-Prior device on her ship. Being as intelligent as she is wouldn't she have turned it on before returning, in order to be able counteract its effects, so that people wouldn't be able to use it again on her?
        I don't think its a matter of just shutting it off it effects your brain to the effect that you can't use special powers. I think it was actually part of Baal's plot for her to be captured. Like after he took her over why would he keep her locked up and with such a light amount of Jaffa watching her like he would have to know that Sg-1 would be after him.

The one thing that is still stuck in my mind WHY would they not think to use the anti-Prior device when Adria is on the operating table or in the room waiting to die.
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

I'm saying that she should have left it turned on, so that they couldn't use it again on her. Like Daniel, or a Prior, when they learned how to counteract the device it became ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            I truly don't get how some people don't see how great this ep was. Oh well IMO it was a great ep but I'm sad at the fact that only one ep is left.
            I thought it was great too. But everyone has their own opinion, and sees things differently. We just have to respect that fact in the end. If some didn't like it, I see it as their loss.

I'm very sad there is only one episode left too. I'm trying to remain upbeat though. As much as possible anyways. Besides, we still have the two movies to look forward to.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I thought it was great too. But everyone has their own opinion, and sees things differently. We just have to respect that fact in the end. If some didn't like it, I see it as their loss.

I'm very sad there is only one episode left too. I'm trying to remain upbeat though. As much as possible anyways. Besides, we still have the two movies to look forward to.
              Yeah I know. I just don't get it sometimes, but I'm sure they say the same about us. I too can't wait for the movies I hope we have much more movies.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
                Yes, indeed. There is suggested in the storyline of season 10 (the Adria season) that the necklace is mystically connected to the Ori. The necklace is never defined (in the show) as a technological device that you or me could use. People on this forum want to turn it into a shield such as the one Apophis et al used but no where in the show it is stated as such.

As such the necklace is one of the areas where Stargate mixes fantasy into normal science fiction. An scientific answer is not given; it is a plot device. That it did not have any effect in Dominion can be taken as evidence that it simply was not longer useful - I suggest because the ascended Ori have been successfully neutralized by Merlin's device.
                The necklace was refferred to in the quest as a shield. I've always took the whole 'fragment of Celestis' thing to be one of those annoying ori metaphors which in this case I think is to make something scientific seem magical.

Up untill dominion I too thought that there was some sort of link between the ori, adria's neckless and the prior staffs. But if that is true then the ori cant be dead because adria if she is to be believed has been building more ships which require activation from a prior staff of likely her neckless.
                So the Ori are dead and there is no link or they are alive and well powering up the new ships. Thats unless adria found a way of powering the ships with out them. But then that likely means that the priors wont have the use of their staffs which I cant see, because with in the show it would be proof of their gods demise and make the story hard to justify why the ori army still believe and wont leave peacefully.

Either way her shield should have stopped them tagging her much like an ancient shield would do. Even if worst case senario it was destroyed,depleted or what ever, adria with all her knowledge should have been able to replace it. While she was taking the time to build large scale shields for her new fleet it seems common sense given the amount of times its protected her in the past that she would build herself a new personal shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master View Post
                  The necklace was refferred to in the quest as a shield. I've always took the whole 'fragment of Celestis' thing to be one of those annoying ori metaphors which in this case I think is to make something scientific seem magical.

Up untill dominion I too thought that there was some sort of link between the ori, adria's neckless and the prior staffs. But if that is true then the ori cant be dead because adria if she is to be believed has been building more ships which require activation from a prior staff of likely her neckless.
                  So the Ori are dead and there is no link or they are alive and well powering up the new ships. Thats unless adria found a way of powering the ships with out them. But then that likely means that the priors wont have the use of their staffs which I cant see, because with in the show it would be proof of their gods demise and make the story hard to justify why the ori army still believe and wont leave peacefully.

Either way her shield should have stopped them tagging her much like an ancient shield would do. Even if worst case senario it was destroyed,depleted or what ever, adria with all her knowledge should have been able to replace it. While she was taking the time to build large scale shields for her new fleet it seems common sense given the amount of times its protected her in the past that she would build herself a new personal shield.
                  I disagree. The power of celestis could very well still be present. Just b/c the Ori are dead does not mean that the power of celestis suddnely dies. I believe that the necklace holds the power of celestis but like the Ori staffs need a mental component to work. Thus adria's mental abilities were being supressed so the shield will not work.

Comment

I disagree. The power of celestis could very well still be present. Just b/c the Ori are dead does not mean that the power of celestis suddnely dies. I believe that the necklace holds the power of celestis but like the Ori staffs need a mental component to work. Thus adria's mental abilities were being supressed so the shield will not work.
                    While I hadn't previously considered it, I do agree that the power of celestis could still be present in some form or another. But the quest does prove beyond doubt that no mental powers are required to operate the shield since she was subject to a more advanced anti prior device, and yet still used the shield effectively even extending it round SG1. I say more advanced because in the ep she had been there some time and if she could have developed an immunity to the device then she wouldn't have needed SG1 and by the time they arrived she would have had her powers back.
                    Even if her neckless did require mental powers she should have been able to create a shield with her knowledge that worked like the ancients one

Comment

While I hadn't previously considered it, I do agree that the power of celestis could still be present in some form or another. But the quest does prove beyond doubt that no mental powers are required to operate the shield since she was subject to a more advanced anti prior device, and yet still used the shield effectively even extending it round SG1. I say more advanced because in the ep she had been there some time and if she could have developed an immunity to the device then she wouldn't have needed SG1 and by the time they arrived she would have had her powers back.
                      Even if her neckless did require mental powers she should have been able to create a shield with her knowledge that worked like the ancients one
                      Well in the Quest Morgan had installed safegards preventing her from using her powers but that doesnt mean her mental abilities were 100% surpressed like with our anti prior stuff.

Comment

Well in the Quest Morgan had installed safegards preventing her from using her powers but that doesnt mean her mental abilities were 100% surpressed like with our anti prior stuff.
                        Perhaps but it was stated in the ep that the only powers she could manifest came from the neckless. That and for the reasons I mentioned above I believe Morgan's anti prior device must have been far more advanced than the earth or goauld based equivalants. So where as ours can be over come, that didn't appear to be an issue in the quest.

Comment

Perhaps but it was stated in the ep that the only powers she could manifest came from the neckless. That and for the reasons I mentioned above I believe Morgan's anti prior device must have been far more advanced than the earth or goauld based equivalants. So where as ours can be over come, that didn't appear to be an issue in the quest.
                          Agree.

Comment

Agree.
                            We'll probably never get to find out for sure anyway as I doubt it will ever be directly addressed. Thats why I think it should have had at least one line in the ep to explain why her shield wasn't being used given its previous significance as a plot point and the need to get round it. Its almost like the seemingly invincible ori ship shields suddenly failing to work with out any explaination given.
                            Same as first strike brilliant ep but plotholes and continuity errors abound.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              I stand corrected. When you chat on msn in 3 different languages and post on gateworld in a 4th you tend to make mistakes. I wanted something like we had in the past....for example: 1"Colonel, you are the only one who can fly the ship because you have the ancient gene" 2.If we place a charge at the event horizon the wormhole will jump to the nearest gate." and so on and so forth. So you were bored 99% of the time when Sam started the technobabble? I guess you would accept the fact that O'Neill was the only one able to fly the ancient puddle jumper without and explanations. Also you would not be astonished if ,in the episode when they dial the planet on a collision course with a black hole, the SGC gate would suddenly stop with no explanation and everyone would go to the cafeteria. Guess you would prefer the SG1 people not to waste time explaining boring stuff like how the ORI converted a planet into a micro singularity in order create their super gate. According to you, everything said in "Beach head" is a waste of time. You would prefer, to have the super gate shoved on the screen without any info on it ....
                              Well darn it, jenks basically said what I wanted to say...he's got to stop doing that.

Comment

We'll probably never get to find out for sure anyway as I doubt it will ever be directly addressed. Thats why I think it should have had at least one line in the ep to explain why her shield wasn't being used given its previous significance as a plot point and the need to get round it. Its almost like the seemingly invincible ori ship shields suddenly failing to work with out any explaination given.
                                Same as first strike brilliant ep but plotholes and continuity errors abound.
                                I agree there are some unanswered questions but i try to overlook them in great episodes, if they are minor which these are IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X