Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    If the Orii are dead, Adria's gonna get all the power from their followers. That's a damn load of power.
    Aaaaah, I see where you're coming from now. But do we know this for a fact? I thought that the Ori followers would now pray to *nothing*, like a dead end where everything gets wasted, and Adria would still get her old share of Ori believer power.

Or maybe she was at the top of the believer power pyramid scheme who got her powers by the normal Ori below her. But since those are believed to be extinct now, she gets no more power passed on and is living on standby/reserves.

In both cases, the MW Ancients as a group are way more powerful than Adria.

Or you're right with your speculation. Then we'd be screwed.

I don't even know if that will get addressed in the movies. Has anyone heard/read for sure if Adria will be in the first movie at all? Not me.
    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
      The scene where Sam and Daniel were telling Vala that it was a plan, Vala says"you allowed me to be exposed to radiation so you can carry out your plan" When did this happen or not happen?
      The Sodan cloak that she didnt actuall use emits Dangerous radiotion as mentioned in Uninvited
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
      Originally posted by Jonzey
      Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Shouldn't Adria have already overcome the effects of the anti-Prior device the first time they used it on her?

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
          Aaaaah, I see where you're coming from now. But do we know this for a fact? I thought that the Ori followers would now pray to *nothing*, like a dead end where everything gets wasted, and Adria would still get her old share of Ori believer power.

Or maybe she was at the top of the believer power pyramid scheme who got her powers by the normal Ori below her. But since those are believed to be extinct now, she gets no more power passed on and is living on standby/reserves.

In both cases, the MW Ancients as a group are way more powerful than Adria.

Or you're right with your speculation. Then we'd be screwed.

I don't even know if that will get addressed in the movies. Has anyone heard/read for sure if Adria will be in the first movie at all? Not me.
          As of now, Adria is the Ori. All the extra power the Ori were sapping from followers will now be hers alone.

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
            The Sodan cloak that she didnt actuall use emits Dangerous radiotion as mentioned in Uninvited
            OOOOH I did not know that. Thanks

Comment

Well worth the wait!
              Baal, Adria as a baal! the tokra! she ascended! the ori are dead! the oddeseu has a cloak! God this episode was pretty amazing, very happy, shame i had to wait an extra day but i dont care, 9/10!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

I thought it was strange that Ba'al seemed to speak in Anubis' voice at one point, also, why didn't they just beam the symbiote out of Adria like they did with Caldwell?
                Last edited by jenks; 07 March 2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Was anyone else hoping that Baal was going to transfer a symbiote to Adria, "Selmak-Jacob-style"?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I thought it was strange that Ba'al seemed to speak in Anubis' voice at one point, also, why didn't they just beam the symbiote out of Adria like they did with Caldwell?
                    I was wondering that. Unless Ba'al was being particularly vicious in wrapping around her spinal column or something, but I still don't buy it. Or maybe the Daedalus is the only one with such precise beaming teachnology, in which case blows.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                      I was wondering that. Unless Ba'al was being particularly vicious in wrapping around her spinal column or something, but I still don't buy it. Or maybe the Daedalus is the only one with such precise beaming teachnology, in which case blows.
                      I was thinking it might of had something to do with Hermiods expertise...

Comment

The Asgard were required to make the calculations for that beaming.

Comment

I was thinking it might of had something to do with Hermiods expertise...
                          or Rodney...

Comment

Let me say again for the record this is why I love SG-1. They never cease to amaze me. I just started rewatching SG-1 and I'm on Broca Divide. I just recieved SGA season 2 but I have to watch it in order! Abyway back on topic let me adress some of the issues people have.
                            1. Lack of action
                            What? IMO there was plenty of it. We don't need a huge battle yet leave that for the movie. Adria kicks some ass in this and so do we.
                            2. Baal Taking over Adria
                            It's not inconcievable as Ba'al's em tech seemed more advanced than our's and without her necklace she has no defense.
                            3. Adria ascending
                            The ancients would not interefere b/c though she basically was a human Ori she reached it on her own unless the Ori arent dead and they figured they needed her in which case the ancients are dead. If the latter is not the case the simple fact that she did it on her own prevents them from stopping her in either case we're fracked.
                            Spoiler:
                            The fact that the Ori arent in Unending
                            This ep answerd alot of questions and shows us just how screwed we are. IMO I'd rather have the series finale end on a high note and give us hope for the future and likely make us all run out of kleenex. I for one will likely cry in my beer or other choice beverage just not infront of my freinds in the Officers barracks!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Possible Plot Hole

One of the memories they gave Vala involved an SG team getting ambushed by the Ori army. Since that really didn't happen shouldn't Adria have know something was up? Since she was looking for Vala wouldn't she have gotten a report about contact with any SG teams?

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                                Possible Plot Hole

One of the memories they gave Vala involved an SG team getting ambushed by the Ori army. Since that really didn't happen shouldn't Adria have know something was up? Since she was looking for Vala wouldn't she have gotten a report about contact with any SG teams?
                                Not necisairly. They wouldnt report it if they got away. Adria would likely punish them.
                                Last edited by Mitchell82; 07 March 2007, 04:57 PM.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X