Dominion (1019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Master View Post
    Thats quite likely but it doesn't explain when she was building her new ships why she didn't build herself a new personnal shield or repair the one she had. Given the extent of her knowledge and the fact that regular ancients could build them she should have been able to construct another. Regardless I think the writers should have given some explanation about it rather than just ignore it completely. As for SG1's plan to deal with it I assumed they were intially going to take a page from the geni with improvements and gas her or something since she still needs to breath
    Well from these pics I uploaded she has it on when ba'al captures her then in the next scene her coat and pendant are gone so he took it off. The building of ships is her way of exacting revenge for destroying the ORI.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mitchell82; 07 March 2007, 07:42 PM.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Well from these pics I uploaded she has it on when ba'al captures her then in the next scene her coat and pendant are gone so he took it off. The building of ships is her way of exacting revenge for destroying the ORI.
      I dont understand tho how he was able to take it off or even tag her unless it worked more like goauld personal shields rather than ancients.
      On the revenge note it struck me that she didn't seem all that upset about the ori if they are dead or even angry at the attempt upon them. But she was trying hard to convince everyone that they are alive and kicking so who knows.

Comment

I dont understand tho how he was able to take it off or even tag her unless it worked more like goauld personal shields rather than ancients.
        On the revenge note it struck me that she didn't seem all that upset about the ori if they are dead or even angry at the attempt upon them. But she was trying hard to convince everyone that they are alive and kicking so who knows.
        Exactly thats the point. As to the shield it reacts with her mental abilities so with those gone she was completly vulnerable.

Comment

I have to say, so far I'm loving this episode. Ba'al taking Adria over was a brilliant idea on his part.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Exactly thats the point. As to the shield it reacts with her mental abilities so with those gone she was completly vulnerable.
            I dont think the neurel interface of the shield requires her to have her advanced mental abilities since the shield worked fine in the quest and ancient shields dont require advanced mental powers to operate them.

Comment

I dont think the neurel interface of the shield requires her to have her advanced mental abilities since the shield worked fine in the quest and ancient shields dont require advanced mental powers to operate them.
              Not a normal ancient shield though as that necklace also
              Spoiler:
              turned Danny boy into a Prior

Comment

Not a normal ancient shield though as that necklace also
                Spoiler:
                turned Danny boy into a Prior
                Absolutely and I assume it was the same neckless that gave adria her disguise in the quest. She was able to use it tho even with a more advanced jaming device blocking her mental abilities. Chances are she wouldn't beable to do nething ori like with out her powers such as making priors but using neually activated tech seemed to be fine.

Comment

This episode was great i'd say a perfect 10 out of 10.I loved the episode it was very well written...But was shocked to hear that Adria wanted to go and ascend..... which she did.........

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                  Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                  http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Yet again, TPTB didn't let me down with this episode. All around, it was a great one. I'd definitely give it a 9/10. Great way to leave the Ori storyline, until The Ark of Truth, that is.

An ascended Adria is going to be a big problem. Especially if she alone inherits all the power gathered from the Ori worshipers.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Yet again, TPTB didn't let me down with this episode. All around, it was a great one. I'd definitely give it a 9/10. Great way to leave the Ori storyline, until The Ark of Truth, that is.
                      Yeah and is it childish of me to want it now!

Comment

Yeah and is it childish of me to want it now!
                        Not at all. I do too!
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This is in regards to the whole Adria's shield issue as there seems to be some debate on it. Not saying there's any proof of this, but as to how they got it off, couldn't they just have walked up to her and removed it? I remember way back when in some episode where SG-1 was engaged in a forest with Apophis, they discovered that his shield reacted proportionately to the speed of the object approaching it. So that, while a bullet couldn't pierce it, something moving much slower could. And with her "funky mind powers" disabled, she wouldn't have been able to stop anyone from taking it.

Comment

I was thinking aobut Adria's necklace. Merlin depleted it at the end in 10x14 The Shroud, because the personal shield lost strength in Counterstrike, Quest I and Quest II too. The Jaffa could grab easily her to beam up, so I think that the necklace didn't work here at all and there is no plot hole.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 08 March 2007, 02:06 AM.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I was thinking aobut Adria's necklace. Merlin depleted it at the end in 10x14 The Shroud, because the personal shield lost strength in Counterstrike, Quest I and Quest II too. The Jaffa could grab easily her to beam up, so I think that the necklace didn't work here at all and there is no plot hole.

Where do we find out that her personal shield lost strength? When it comes to the Merlin episode....Daniel says..."I had to get passed her shield and not I had to deplete her shield...."

Comment

I thought this episode was excellent 10/10, i was surprised they killed the Ba'al in Adria, i thought it was appropriate that since SG-1 started with the Goa'uld it should end with them.i can't wait to see the final episode and the movies, i hope i can avoid the sky one spoilers

adria is as powerful as all the ori combined because all the Ori's power that they got from their followers will now go to her which is probably why the Ancients didn't stop her
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X