No announcement yet.

Family Ties (1018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually thought this episode had some very redeeming aspects to it. I thought the personal stories going on with Landry and Vala dealing with her father were well done. Also, I actually liked most of the comedy in it.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Okay, I have mixed feeling about this episode. I liked seeing Vala's more serious side and dealing with her childhood issues.

I love Fred Ward to begin with and even though the part was--just obnoxious--I still love Fred. The bingo was the funniest thing. He was scamming little old ladies with walkers. I was expecting one of those ladies to hit him with her cane.

The over all story was predictable.

Daniel did have a few good lines. His expression on his face when Vala picked her father's door lock was just hilarious. Especially after his big, "You've changed" speech. LOL.

But the ep did drag out a bit and there was no real tension or believable danger to earth.

Would have rather have Vala trying to hide her father from a hired killer or such.

Felt like Sam was just kind of there for the ride. Cam, neither here nor there.

Teal'c in the end with the vagina thing was hilarious. But, Fred said he had 2 tickets and I think that scene would have been better if Teal'c had brought Daniel with him--better yet--RDA for a guest spot at the end of the ep.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I could not stop laughing after seeing that episode!

Comment

Originally posted by FinalMacGyver View Post
          I could not stop laughing after seeing that episode!
          It did have a lot of great comedic moments. At least IMO. I thought Fred Willard was great in it.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

filler this epsiode sucked
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by PhatChance View Post
              Cablevision is still around? we got that here 15 years ago but they keep changing names and now Comcast has monopolized the cable charging $60 freaking bucks for 5 channels worth watching.

and yeah the vaginas part probably had some parents flipping their sofas.
              yeah, Cablevision is still sucking us dry due to lack of competition. sigh.

I suspect that the vagina monologue thing will only make sense to fans who know AT did it. it would be interesting to see if the network got feedback on it (I can see the irate mother going "OHMYGOD, close your ears, Johnny, don't listen!!" to some ten year old who has probably seen and heard more on Myspace)

Comment

Originally posted by -Major Woody View Post
                This episode is very funny if you watch it whle drunk.
                My personal recommendation.
                Your mileage may vary.

Major(hic)Woody

Daniel has a Razr! He just gets cooler and cooler!
                *sighs* I wish I had read your post before watching the episode.
                sigpic

Comment

argh... this episode...

the only good thing about it was claudia acted her heart out. but WHY was this made? there are so many nitpicks that are actually big that i don't know where to start... but forget it.

i think my expectations are just too high nowadays.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

The episode as a whole is not one of my favorites. However it did have a few moments that I did enjoy. I liked the girls night in and Teal'c at the end.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      The episode as a whole is not one of my favorites. However it did have a few moments that I did enjoy. I liked the girls night in and Teal'c at the end.
                      okay, it had some redeaming moments (begin and end scenes with sam-vala). and a few chuckles here and there, but still, *why*?

i'm going to stop myself from nitpicking this ep.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i'm going to stop myself from nitpicking this ep.
                        sally
                        Good idea, I'll do the same, otherwise I'll keep going and I'm not one to be totally negative about episodes that didn't entertain me as much. This one got to me for some reason..very strange!

Comment

Hmmm. The episode was rather odd.

I missed the first fifteen minutes, but the rest didn't make me want to catch it when Scifi reran the episode.

The Good:

Daniel/Vala and Sam/Vala interaction. I like when the team bonds outside of dangerous missions.

The Ending: Teal'c's face--enough said.

The Bad:

Vala's Father: Why do all the female characters have issues with their fathers? Sam, Dr. Lam, Vala. Could Vala's mother have been odd instead?

Vala's Father: The seventeen thousand deals got old fast.

Vala's Father: He's still alive, and if he is ever in a future SG-1 film, I won't buy it.

The Odd:

What purpose did this episode serve? It didn't do anything?

The Lam/Laudry scenes. Lam was extemely hostile, but her and the general were getting along better earlier. Did I miss something, or did her character backtrack?

Overall, meh. A 6/10. I've seen better.

I'm very disappointed with the stand-alone episodes this season. The Ori episodes have been great, but the other episodes feel like filler. I've enjoyed SG-1 for most of its ten year run, but if this is the best the writers can do, I'm starting to accept the cancellation as a good thing.
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

THis eppy hands down was bad, but the good points to the Eppisode: Sam/Vala's Girls Day shopping and the beginning and End having Girls Night In. AND THE END...POOR TEAL'C...Going to the Vigana Monolugues!!! I cracked up laughing!!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by -Major Woody View Post
                              This episode is very funny if you watch it whle drunk.
                              My personal recommendation.
                              Your mileage may vary.

Major(hic)Woody

Daniel has a Razr! He just gets cooler and cooler!
                              What is Razr.....?
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                I suppose next week we'll see what outfits Adria bought, or took! from the Colorado Springs Mall!!!

The scene with Vala and Sam catwalking down the corridor with all their purchases seemed so out of place in a military facility!!! This was another thing that annoyed me about this episode, especially when I think back to how well military protocul used to be depicted in past episodes.
                                I like that they were showing Vala and Sam as friends, but I agree about them showing up in those outfits being a bit jarring. Now Sam etc probably come to work in civvies and change, but given that Cam said they were going offworld in an hour would they really have been shopping up to the last minute that way?

Vala's father was just plain annoying. They spent way to much time on him & not enough on the naquadah ship plotline. I like stand alone episodes, but this seemed like a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X