Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
    After all this praising of this episode I finally sat down and watched it ! WTF ? Did TPTB forget that Teal'c doesn't have a symbionte anymore ???
    There was never any mention of Teal'c having a symbiote. The one they showed belonged to the other Jaffa who Teal'c.....neutralized.

Comment

Let's lose the name calling please...even if it's in code
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just figured they'd have to dose him up with lots of extra tretonin to help him recover. At least without the symbiote a stab to the gut wasn't instantly fatal. Still, it did seem a bit much (even for Teal'c) to survive.

Comment

Overall a decent episode. It was fun.

My major problems were, the backstory wasn't believable. If Teal'c felt like this he'd have already done something about it.

The backstory for Teal'c felt like it was pulled out of someone's ass just for this episode and that it will not have relevance to anything else.

Also, they're trying to stop Teal'c, their friend, so they only bring guns?!?!? Doesn't anybody remember that we have zats???

Best line - "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

Comment

I found the scene where Teal'c and Mitchell fight to be one of the most unsettling I can recall. If I hadn't been aware that there were only a couple of episodes left, I would've been wondering if this team could possibly continue or if more cast changes were on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalflush View Post

Also, they're trying to stop Teal'c, their friend, so they only bring guns?!?!? Doesn't anybody remember that we have zats???

Best line - "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

Yeah, that was hilarious.

As to the previous point, Mitchell did pull out his zat after Tealc knocked his gun away. I didn't like seeing them fight, it just seemed wrong.

Comment

Well, that episode's not quite the same in the middle of the afternoon. Lots of editing towards the end...

Comment

Originally posted by thewatcher View Post
                  I loved it, especially Teal'c's line
                  Spoiler:
                  I am leaving, you are going to explode.
                  Best line in the episode.

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                  I loved the violence in this episode. For once they didn't shy away from it. It was pretty hardcore for Stargate.
                  I'm pretty sure this was one of the most violent episodes of Stargate they've made. Not that that's a bad thing, the fight scenes were amazing to watch and it was good to actually see everything that happened rather than the camera cutting away.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  I was extremely impressed with this episode on so many levels. I am so glad that they didn't hold anything back- it's a wonderful last ep dedicated to Teal'c, and it's easily my favourite Teal'c episode of the series.
                  This is my favourite Teal'c episode too and probably one of my favorite's from the season. CJ's acting in this was great! Also loved the last lines from Bra'tac to Teal'c about him being like a son and that he was proud of him, that was a really nice touch. (Got me a bit teary actually, hehehe )
                  "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                  S/J all the way!
                  Big Honkin' Resolution!
                  sigpic
                  John/Teyla Shipper!
                  SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

I've just seen this episode on DVD. My main impression of the episode was that it was a nice little excursion into what I'd call "Old-School Stargate". We had loads of Jaffa, staff-blasts, death-gliders, a Pyramid, a mention of Apophis, a big-bad Jaffa First Prime, Bra'tac and Teal'c having a fight to the death. I loved it and it made me feel nostalgic, especially since we're so close to the end of the entire series now.

Firstly, as I've read at least one person say in this thread, I couldn't believe it when I saw that guy from Eastenders playing the main baddie. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected someone from that show to turn up in this one! Let me make one thing clear, I am not a fan of Eastenders. But being from England myself, I'm very much familiar with it. It seemed somewhat funny and weird to have a Jaffa with a London accent like that. LOL! However, I will say that towards the end, I think both that and the actor himself suited the role because it gave the character an added level of "hardness", if you know what I mean (if you don't know what I mean, just imagine someone like Ray Winstone or Vinnie Jones in the role).

It's always great to see Bra'tac. As countless people have said over the years, Tony Amendola is just such an awesome actor that you just can't get enough of. I'd even go so far as to say he's the single best guest actor of the entire series! Considering how this is one of the last episodes of the entire series, I was expecting them to kill Bra'tac off. Thankfully, they didn't though. Instead, we finally got what we've been waiting 10 years for, Bra'tac telling Teal'c that he's like the son he's never had. I don't know about everyone else but this was incredibly moving and you really get the sense he's been waiting all this time to tell him. I'm glad he's finally come out and said it. If this is the last time we see the character, I'm really going to miss him. BTW, did anyone else have flashbacks to "The Changeling" when Bra'tac was by Teal'c's bedside in that robe at the end of the episode? Talk about spooky! LOL!

One thing that really made me think about this episode was how I don't think we've ever heard any mention of Teal'c's mother before in any episode. I know there was that whole thing about his father and how Cronus killed him. But this is the first time we've had anything about his mother.

Anyway, overall a good episode. It was also a surprise to see Dr. Lam making a return to the series, albeit rather late in the season (Despite many mentions of her earlier in the season, I didn't think she was going to appear this year).
                    sigpic

Comment

It's always good to see a Teal'c heavy episode, even one as violent as this was. I must admit I didn't let my youngest watch it.
                      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Yeah, even I was surprised at how gory and violent things got towards the end. Still, I can't blame the show's production staff if they're thinking, "Forget the censors, we've been cancelled so we'll do whatever we want now!" LOL!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                          Yeah, even I was surprised at how gory and violent things got towards the end. Still, I can't blame the show's production staff if they're thinking, "Forget the censors, we've been cancelled so we'll do whatever we want now!" LOL!
                          Haha, Stargate is known for their family friendly viewing. Nothing they did was in any way against Sci-Fi's standards/ I mean have you watched Battlestar Galactica? That is a ton more gory than this episode, well accept for the sword through his entire chest and torso. (That was pretty gory haha)
                          sigpic

Comment

"youve become old and slow"

ya that and been hit by 3 or 4 staff blasts...

Comment

Jack would've never punched/attacked T like Cam did. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by David Webb View Post
                                Jack would've never punched/attacked T like Cam did. <_<
                                Yeah, he's smarter than that...

Comment

Working...
                                X