Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
    Craig Fairbrass (who plays Arkhad) was born in Stepney, London, England. He has cockney accent although I think he was trying to make it sound abit posh in this episode.
    Really???! he really did sound Australian (although I did get confused with hearing him lapse into a cockney accent on occasion!) It's quite weird how having lived in Vancouver for almost two years I'm beginning to have trouble recognising various regional British accents since I don't hear them on a regular basis any more. Some people here on occasion think I'm Australian (I was born and lived in south London!), although most do know my accent is British. So I can understand the confusion about this guy's accent!

As for the episode, I groaned inwardly when I thought it was another 'Jaffa revenge thing'!! It turned out better than I thought. It gave more insight into what was happening to the scattered Jafar after Dakara and I for one found it interesting.

The stresses of the Ori threat are coming out and it shows how easily things can change. We were really reminded of what Teal'c is all about here again. His ulitmate goal is to unite the Jaffa as a free race, free from all influences. Working with the Tau'ri was necessary for the destruction of the Goa'uld. If the Tau'ri aren't with him with fighting any other threats to his idea of Jaffa freedom he will go and find another way. I think this aspect of his almost fanatical belief in 'freedom for all Jaffa' has been forgotten and showed him to be as formidable as the Ori in reminding others of what is of paramount importance to him.

The element of uncertainty is really being stepped up in how cracks are appearing in what we've seen as a pretty solid relationship for ten years.

This emphasises the worry and despair that underlies the bravado of the SGC in the face of the Ori threat. The fragmented moments that the last few episodes have been I think have only served to show this, these people are trying to keep on doing what they've been doing despite it not working as well as it did in the past. The Ori are still there even after a few 'victories'.

Teal'c really was the star in this episode and it made it the most enjoyable Jaffa/Teal'c centric episode of all for me.

Comment

fraking awesome is whaticall it
      Originally posted by cowpants
      ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      Rosilin for pres

Comment

This episode reminded me a lot about Man on Fire...
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This episode was, IMO, probably the best Teal'c centric episode ever. One I can watch over and over again.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JackBauer2007 View Post
            I didnt like the plot. It was forced with no backstory other than the spew they gave us in the beginning. I would have prefered they dig up some old enemy SG-1 fought years ago instead of creating this whole new character. i dont like how, and this is a recurring problem especially this season, the characters have no consequences for their actions. Teal'c assaults his own guys and next episode hes back at work. Jackson steals the Odysey and somewhat abducts a superior officer, and hes back at work the next episode.
            I know theres not a lot of time left and not a lot of episodes but at least hold true to some sort of reality.
            Absolutely agree. Though CJ did a great job acting the general plot made him OOC. Teal'c avenging his mother. After 10 years? Why even bother? Then Teal'c doubted it was him that killed her anyways.

The fight scene, well done for fight between Mitchell and Teal'c. But I just couldn't help but wounder what would have happened if Jack was the one facing him.

Blowing his enemy up after torturing him? Teal'c had been in with SG-1 long enough to know that those actions would be concidered war crimes and would not be tolerated.

SG-1 always took the higher road. Why should he revert to the old ways after he had done so much to over come the crimes of his past?
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

and the moral of the story is kids ......DON'T PISS TEAL'C OFF...if you value your life
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                and the moral of the story is kids ......DON'T PISS TEAL'C OFF
                That's for damn sure! If you do, he could blow you up, or impale you and then put a sword in you.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

lol the part where he blows up that guy is why this episode reminds me so much of Man on Fire.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

This episode was just ridiculous. And I don't mean ridiculous in the sense that it was way cool, but ridiculous in the sense that it was just ridiculous. Teal'c gets shot with multiple staff blasts, has at least half a sword impaled into the middle of his chest, and he survives? Then he kicks Arkad like literally over 10 feet so he can get impaled on those oh so convenient spikes. That was just plain stupid. Mitchell knows that Teal'c won't stop on his revenge kick so when he gets the drop on him he doesn't automatically zat Teal'c? That was just stupid too.

Also, it was obvious that we were supposed to view Arkad as the bad guy, but until the last few seconds before he died, he hadn't done anything really to indicate that he deserved Teal'c coming after him. All I saw was Teal'c acting blindly crazy and torturing people. Wasn't exactly the kind of Teal'c I have come to like over the last 10 years.

While the action scenes were pretty good and it's nice to see Teal'c get some screentime and to see him act like the former badass he used to be, this episode was kind of lame.

But at least Dr. Lam came back.
                    "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

the episode was alright. it wasn't as violent as i thought it would be, until... i did NOT like that fight between teal'c and the bad jaffa guy. oh, boy, was my mom ticked too (cowers from mom's wrath). just waaaaaaaay too violent there at the end. but the scene between teal'c and bratac was wonderful.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

It was good to see Teal'c with something to do after a bunch of episodes this season where he didn't do much (except maybe get tortured ).

I do wish his long time team members Carter & Daniel had had a scene with him, rather than just "reporting" on their conversation.

I was very happy that Bra'tac lived. whew! I thought this revenge thing about Teal'c's mother was a bit out of left field. I thought being responsible for killing Bra'tac (for all Teal'c knew he was as good as dead) would have been motivation enough for vengeance.

I thought the wounds in the last fight were too extreme for even Teal'c to survive. I mean, come on.

Comment

I was very dissappointed in this episode. After all these years, of watching the camraderie between the team, even when they disagreed, it was dissappointing to see Teal'c react so violently towards his teammates, and to see and feel his team seem to be so unpassionate about it. I have struggled with Stargate for the last 2 years. I continue to watch out of loyalty, despite not caring too much for Seaons 9 & 10. I loved seeing an epsiode centered around Teal'c, but it was much too violent for my tastes. But it was the way the team reacted toward one another that just turned me off. I guess I have been spoiled by O'Neill's halfhearted attempts at stopping Teal'c when he goes off on his Jaffa revenge.

Comment

Never felt like Earth was in danger, as I did in early shows. Didn't I read once that they didn't like to show violence and death on show?

Whatever happened to a secondary story line? Rest of team seemed to be just waiting to be given something to do. Carter jumped to her feet at the thought of an assignment.

I usually love the Teal'c eps. But I have grown tired of the beating and scars, that always heal completely. Towards the end, I was reminded of the knight in Holy Grail and expected T to say, "I'm not dead yet!"

Comment

I did like this ep. I like a good Teal'c ep but this was way over the top.

When I saw Bratac in the bed I was sceaming at my TV going "NOOOOO!!!! don't you dare kill him off like you do with ever other recurring character"

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              The fight scene, well done for fight between Mitchell and Teal'c. But I just couldn't help but wounder what would have happened if Jack was the one facing him.

Blowing his enemy up after torturing him? Teal'c had been in with SG-1 long enough to know that those actions would be concidered war crimes and would not be tolerated.

SG-1 always took the higher road. Why should he revert to the old ways after he had done so much to over come the crimes of his past?
                              I was thinking the same thing What Would Jack Do? I don't think he would fight Teal'c but do something else.

"Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                                I guess I have been spoiled by O'Neill's halfhearted attempts at stopping Teal'c when he goes off on his Jaffa revenge.
                                a scene immediately popped into my head of teal'c strangling a tok'ra and jack calmly saying, 'teal'c, stop'. and i mean calm. it was sam giving him 'that' look that made him try again with some conviction.

(i can't remember the name of this ep, but i think it was in season 6. something about the tok'ra queen (creature) being kept alive and living in a tank?)

sorry for the off topic.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X