Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?
    Yes it was hard to take, but very funny though and at least it convinved the other half to sit and watch it with me. Just thought his pronunciation of certain words was a bit off.

Overall better episode than I thought it would be, nice to see Teal'c going off on a total revenge kick and having to fight through Mitchell was a great touch.

Some good one liners and a great fight scene at the end.

Next Week Steve Owen is the new Prior to cause havoc in the MW and Grant Mitchell will join the Jaffa high council (sorry!!)
    I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Ross Kemp? You know, as awful as that sounds, I think I'd rather like it. It does seem though that us Brits will always play the baddies.

Comment

I respect other people's opinion, however, to me, the last 3 SG1 episodes including this one seemed just something to waste time. We are waiting 1 week for one episode and we get this? I mean why do we need a 4 episode break before we know if the Ori or dead or NOT? Okay, we have some "rumours" about what will happen. Get on with it.

Comment

Well, wasn't it nice to see Cam getting his a** kicked? Really liked that bit. Good fight scenes, pretty rough stuff.
          Didn't like Arkan, though, his acting sucked during the talky bits and it was only once he put those muscles to work that he seemed convincing. Not to mention a Sarf Lunnan (South London) accent doesn't work for me on a Jaffa.
          But you know, Jaffa politics has always been an instant turnoff for me. If this ep has finally put all that to bed I'll be happy.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
            Well, wasn't it nice to see Cam getting his a** kicked? Really liked that bit. Good fight scenes, pretty rough stuff.
            Didn't like Arkan, though, his acting sucked during the talky bits and it was only once he put those muscles to work that he seemed convincing. Not to mention a Sarf Lunnan (South London) accent doesn't work for me on a Jaffa.
            But you know, Jaffa politics has always been an instant turnoff for me. If this ep has finally put all that to bed I'll be happy.
            Why was it nice seeing Cam get his a** kicked?

Comment

enjoyed the ep, though Tealc, was near death twice, and made a miraculous recovery.

Dan from enders, didn't really cut it for me as Arkan... kinda issinuates that the british are cowards... we are not!! and he just didn't sound right in a rough london accent trying to talk like Tealc....

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                i did notice that. it looked cheap. maybe without the system lords the cool armour isnt made anymore.
                oh well

i still enjoyed this episode
                I think it is also a pain in the ass for the actors to wear the normal armor. I believe Chris Judge is particular has always disliked the armor and substituting the soft stuff makes it more bearable.

Notice how he has rarely worn it even among Jaffa since earlier seasons, usually wearing robes or just the chain-mail stuff.

Moreover, the actual armor is probably not very practical for the fight scenes either, limiting the choreography.

But that makes one wonder, why have the cheaper looking, soft armor at all? He only wore it for a few scenes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                  That was awful. I don't understand how people can insult decent episodes like Bounty and Bad Guys when there are episodes like this to insult. I thought I'd give this episode a shot because the last two had also looked awful from the preairing spoilers but this was the only one that I actually really disliked.

In all I give it a 1 or 2 out of 10.

How did Teal'c know they were lying in wait for him? And why concoct that whole plan to catch Teal'c anyway when they could just beam out from orbit.

The whole beam-out option had occured to me as well. It probably would have been easier to explain it away by making Odyssey "unavailable" leaving SG-1 to arrive via stargate. They also could have had Teal'c remove his subcutaneous trasmitter (ouch).

Comment

Cool episode in which Teal'c gets his DIE HARD moment.
                    John Mclane: Jaffa Style.

Die Hard 5: "I Die Hard Free"

Good Points:
                    -The End Figth was class.
                    -Teal's line "i am going away as you are about to exsplode"
                    -Cam "TRAP WhAt TRAP?"
                    -Bratac did not Die! and the "you are the son i never had" ending.
                    -Jaffa flash garanads. I love them things.
                    -Cam vs Teal'c
                    -Vala's plan vs Daniels plan convo
                    -Cams fake mission report

Bad Points:
                    -What happened to the exsplosive exspert guy Teal'c tied up?
                    -Why say in the summery "Teal'c goes to an Alien bar" when its not. I was hoping for some star wars like space port place with at least one or two diffrent spieces. Oh well. Tipical Stargate.

7/10

Originally posted by nIckEl101 View Post
                    enjoyed the ep, though Tealc, was near death twice, and made a miraculous recovery.

Dan from enders, didn't really cut it for me as Arkan... kinda issinuates that the british are cowards... we are not!! and he just didn't sound right in a rough london accent trying to talk like Tealc....
                    I think the accent worked well in the figth scenes as it made him seem like a rough London ganster type we see all over the movies. but not so well in the briefing room.
                    Last edited by MechaThor; 21 February 2007, 04:04 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I thought this was GREAT! Everyone acted in character, in fact we got to see them in greater depth. I was genuinely uncertain as to whether both Teal'c and Bra'tac would actually survive this ep. And the violence was wincingly real, unusual for SG-1 as someone else here has said. I was actually cringing at the final sword thrust!
                      Only one tiny, tiny criticism...could we not have a T-centric episode when he doesn't get the cr*p beaten out of him? Well I guess we won't now sob,sob.
                      This was a fantastic ending for Teal'c and his actor.

I have only watched this ep once so far, but didn't Dr Lam say that there had always been a team member by T's bed, rather than there was one particular one there for most of the time? I actually prefer the idea that there was a single vigil being kept, because of course , in my little corner of the universe it would be Daniel who sat there as he has by so many other people's bedsides. But I suspect that TPTB want it to be Cam. However, that is not what I heard anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
                        I have only watched this ep once so far, but didn't Dr Lam say that there had always been a team member by T's bed, rather than there was one particular one there for most of the time? I actually prefer the idea that there was a single vigil being kept, because of course , in my little corner of the universe it would be Daniel who sat there as he has by so many other people's bedsides. But I suspect that TPTB want it to be Cam. However, that is not what I heard anyway.
                        I wondered about that too and it made me notice that they specifically didn't mention who it was, so I guess its left up to the fans

I enjoyed this episode, the Eastenders guy did take me out of the story alittle but I suspect that won't be an issue for anyone but us Brits.

Yay that Bra'tac didn't die!

A Teal'c centered episode has been a long time in coming!
                        Last edited by Sprinkles; 21 February 2007, 10:38 AM. Reason: Terrible grammer :P
                        AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                          Why was it nice seeing Cam get his a** kicked?
                          I meant it was nice to see him getting his a** kicked because it was by Teal'c (!). Out of character, completely unexpected. Yet in line with the plot and the way Teal'c was feeling.
                          I love stuff like that, eg. when Daniel shot up the gateroom in Lockdown and Jack had to shoot him to take him down. And when Shep shot his team in Phantoms (I think it was).
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I took some screenshots (I know they are small)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
                              I personally thought Daniel. He was by Bra'tac's bedside as he woke, so it's natural to assume he was there a while and seeing as he's closer to Teal'c than Bra'tac... Perhaps. Also, if i remember right, the camera lingered on Daniel for a little while after that conversation... or something. I just remember getting that impression while watching.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by thewatcher View Post
                                My only question is: Who was at Teal'c's bedside almost all the time (heavily tagged but not resolved)?
                                It wasn't one specific person with Teal'c the whole time. "Atleast one of them has been here ever since they brought you in." A poorly written line in my opinion, but she's clearly saying that there was atleast one person with him at all times.
                                Last edited by xangela; 21 February 2007, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X