No announcement yet.

Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have been hilarious if they played the Teal'c PI music when that guy exploded
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

damn what a good episode i really enjoyed it that dude exploding was hilarious i particulaly enjoyed the lines "where are you going?" "i am leaving you are about to explode" "BOOM" rofl(sry my bad sense of humor) and teal'c completely owned cam and the rest of SG-1 but he took two staf hits and got stabbed through the stomac with a sort of samuri sword killed the bad dude and still survived damn what a machine teal'c is. i thought this was a great episode on of my favorites :'( why do they have to make the last part of season 10 so damn good it'll just make me miss it more
      SG-1 you are and will always be the best!

DUDES WHO ENDED SG-1 ->

Comment

It was a good ep, but the part with tealc sticking the explosive in the guys symbiote pouch and walking away was just too Man on Fire-ish.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

That was absolutely spectacular, exactly the way Stargate should be done. Serious, powerful drama, none of that stupid non-sense we had to put up with the last two weeks.

Chris Judge was superb and this is without doubt the best Teal'c episode ever made. It was fantastic to see some more backstory on him and the further development in his relationship with Bre'tac.

The fight scenes were superb too. I didn't see he and Mitchell coming to blows but boy was that good.

It was great to see Beau Bridges get some good material to sink his teeth into, however it only highlights how underused his character and his acting talents have been in the recent past. What was great too was that even though this was most certainly a Teal'c driven episode all the characters, main and supporting, had their great moments. I especially loved Daniel's line, "I know Bretac would like to stab you through the eye with a big knife."

This was also one of the darkest and most violent episodes in Stargate history, which is a very good thing. Archad's death was really savage and very explicitly shown. I really liked Archad aswell, I thought the actor was very good.

All in all, an absolutely superb episode that is easily running for best episode this season and definitely a top 10 episode. 10/10.

As a side note, Season 10 is so frustrating how can you go from an incredible 5 episode run from The Quest to The Shroud, followed by two pathetic episodes, and bounce back with something as good as this. Her's hoping the last three episodes will be equally as good and season 10 can finish as an extremely good season of television.
          'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?
            If he had left his Walford accent behind I might have found him belieaveable. I kept waiting for him to say "LEAVE IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT".

Comment

you know, i loved the episode and everything but it seems to me that wiv only three eps left everything is a bit rushed..there seems to be something missing from stargate since season 9...it just seems like TPTB are taking the p*** now and dont really care

still give this ep 7/10..loved the sword thru arkhad bit

Comment

One little nagging plot hole though...

When we see the Odyssey in hyperspace it is no longer cloaked. I guess we are to assume Carter figured out how Daniel/Merlin managed it and they can turn it on and off. Or they just unplugged the ZPM...

Would of been nice to of had a line saying something to that effect if not in this ep one of the previous.

Have to say was better than I expected never liked Jaffa episodes really, but its nice that they gave a bit of closure to Teal'cs story.
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I really liked the underlying thread of this episode. One saying "Well, things change. We get older. And life goes on."

I really dig writing like this. While the episode was just about average (in my opinion), its message was the real joy. It did very well to move the character development to a place we can all identify. The show is coming to a close. Things are changing. Characters are changing. The world of Stargate is changing. Teal'c is now middle-aged. And Brata'c is the luckiest, most resillient person to have ever lived.

The ending scene with Brata'c and Teal'c was such a dear and heartwarming scene. It had this Stargate fan a little teary-eyed.

Comment

This was a good one proberley the best Teal'c stand alone for a while. Loved the bomb in the symbiote pouch and Teal'c Killing Cockney Jaffa with the long Blade right down his shoulder

And obviously Teal'c kicking seven kinds of **** out of Cam.

9/10

So is this the last time we will see Bratac?
                    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                      So is this the last time we will see Bratac?
                      Yes, unless he shows up in one of the films most likely the second and hopefully subsequent films if the first two do well
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I'm going to have to say this is why I watched Stargate in the beginning. This is by far one of the best episodes in a very long time. Teal'c did an amazing job on this episode. AMAZING!!!!!!!
                        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

So far, seems pretty good. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

So, shall I be creative for once and start witht he compliments? (or maybe just mix them both?)

Very solid episode - was great to fianlly have Teal'c do something rather than stand there and raise na eyebrow. Which brings up the question - why didn't make the Arkad story an arc, rather than a one-time story? The Jaffa are a vital part of the story of Stargate, and wha5t's going on there - especially after Counterstrike and the attack on Dakkara - is very important to the show, as Talion obviously showed. So why bring this out of the blue, instead of run it in the background - much like the Jaffa/ Teal'c/ Gerak storyline in Avalon and Origin was? It would have given Teal'c some substential part in teh story and this wouldn't've felt like another Dakara - thrown out of the blue as aplot device because we need it. SG1 always was great on building these little cues, it's a shame that they didn't do it earlier on this one, again, much like Reckoning.
                            Teal'c.... at first I felt he was OOC in the episode, very much. But then, I do think a lot of it makes sense - after shauno'c, he's unlikely to let go of his revenge, and is very likely to go to any length - including torture and murder - to get his end. Which brings me to another question. If I can make that connection, why couldn't DK? Why ddi they need to bring up that stupid, pointless, never mentioned in 10 years! story about his mother. instead of just remind the audience of how Teal'c felt in Crossroads, Exodus and Between Two Fires - every time Tanith ran away, and how he was willing to risk everything back in those episodes in order to get his revenge? Stupid plot device, again - and this time it wasn't even necessary.
                            Loved the bit with the human, cheering for the death of Jaffa - I've been waiting for something like that ever since the FJaffa Nation was created - there are billions of former slaves in thegalaxy, they're bound not to like the Jaffa and hold them responsible. I think I definitely gave a "finally!" out loud when he spoke And also when Teal'c wasn't this invincible this time against Arkad... liked it.
                            Another plus - the [part about some Jaffa joining in with the Orii. Hopefully this would come to play in the (remaining three! NO! ) next episodes. Quite a feat it would be, if Earth ends up beign attacked by joint Jaffa/ Orii fleet, not Orii alone like they showed in Road not Taken.

One other note, very enjoyed the team bonding in this episode. Even the parts that included Teal'c alost breaking Mitchell's hand, hehe. Somewhere, you jsut have to feel he felt a remote satisfaction There were definitely lovely moments in this one - and manm, really enjoyed the Teal'c/ Landry argeuemnt! Teal'c's right, tho - had the casualties been SG teams rather than Jaffa he'd ahve got a different speech. One thing that's a shame tho - that they didn't have the time to show some fallout from Teal'c's decision to leave the SGC/ come back when Arkad was dead etc. Which is another reason why this should have been an arc, rather than a stand-alone. Had they cut down the explanations, they'd've had time for that.

Oooh, and Lam is back. I do like her so yay!
                            And one last note... Dar Askelon? Did Ba'al name that one?
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

The whole thing played like a "Previously On Stargate SG-1" segment.

- Bra'tac and Teal'c are found gravely injured on another world. Done that.
                              - Teal'c gets angry and leaves the SGC to pursue his own mission. Done that.
                              - Teal'c is hell bent on on killing a guy who killed one of his loved ones. Done that.

I'm sure there were other things I can't think of right now.

Comment

loved this ep. i miss tealcs revenge trips. season 10 keeps getting better and better.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X