Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was terrible.

We learned in season 3 that Cronus killed Teal'c's father and that was a big deal but as Jack said; "Why doesn't he tell us these things?" Seven (closer to eight really early season 3/late season 10) we learn he has another big personal grudge with some-one who killed his mother but we've never heard of before.

He was a rival first prime who fought many battles with Teal'c and Bra'tac, but apparently he served a goa'uld we've never heard of. Certainly not a system lord. How come such a goa'uld stood against the might of Apophsis for so long?

This whole episode was dedicated to a 'Jaffa revenge thing.' Colour me unimpressed: Tanith, this guy ain't.

The worst thing was SG-1 trying to stop Teal'c. Neither he or they really showed much evidence of the team relationship we've had for ten years and nor did there seem to be any fallout from their confrontation; even from Mitchell, who lets faced it got the snot kicked out of him.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

i lvoed this really like seeing a more dramatic and true cut harsh episode
      sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

6) Talion: Damian Kindler was always great at coming up with these obscure titles (see: Ethon). According to dictionary.cm: “A punishment identical to the offense, as the death penalty for murder.”. All well and good except that whenever someone mentioned this episode by name, I always assumed they were saying “Italian“, resulting in much confusion.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Ah, one last great Teal'c episode for SG1, and it goes out with an awesome and brutal yet satisfying fight scene in the end. The Jaffa were starting to become a forgotten enemy it seems, but they returned in the last stretch of the 10 fabulous years of SG1. Teal'c shows he still has a darker side and still cares for his people. The Ori sure has divided the Jaffa nation at this point.

Comment

"i am leaving. you are about to explode."

best line ever

doesnt the plot remind you of the lion king
            Last edited by asdf1239; 19 April 2010, 12:54 AM.
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Not one of my faves but a good Teal'c eppy.
              sigpic

Comment

Holy cow. Someone remind me to never make Teal'c mad at me.

Seriously, though, I didn't really care for this episode. We have seen Teal'c on a Jaffa revenge mission before and this one was a bit over the top. Ruthless torture, blowing people up, etc. just for revenge? Not how I picture Teal'c. Yes, he is a complex guy, but this is definitely not a side of him that I like or that I feel was necessary to the story. I could have done without this ep.
                Signature by Glitch33.
                sigpic
                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Indeed. It was a bit out of the blue, but the good thing was, no Priors! And one of the best Teal'c lines ever: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                    Holy cow. Someone remind me to never make Teal'c mad at me.

Seriously, though, I didn't really care for this episode. We have seen Teal'c on a Jaffa revenge mission before and this one was a bit over the top. Ruthless torture, blowing people up, etc. just for revenge? Not how I picture Teal'c. Yes, he is a complex guy, but this is definitely not a side of him that I like or that I feel was necessary to the story. I could have done without this ep.
                    I agree.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Indeed. It was a bit out of the blue, but the good thing was, no Priors! And one of the best Teal'c lines ever: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."
                    Yes. Just about the only good thing about the episode.
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Loved it.
                      Another one glad they didn't kill off Bra'tac, here. (I know, shocker, right?) I know it wouldn't make much difference in some ways, since this was his last appearance anyway, but it's pretty cool to think that he would be still alive now (and, what, 148 years old?) if the Stargate 'verse was still around.

(Very) Long live Bra'tac!
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                        2nd straight different kind of SG-1 episode. Last week, hostage-type episode and this week a 24-type episode (with the torture and stuff). With the exception of The Shroud and Quest Part 2, this was one of the episode episodes of the second half of Season 10. I give it a **1/2.
                        That was the darkest ending to the episode in franchise (I don't think SGU had an ending that dark). Arkad's actor kind of looked like Liam Neeson.

I thought the beginning and end of the episode were the strongest part.

Tomorrow, Fred Willard as Vala's dad.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          [snip]

As for the episode, I groaned inwardly when I thought it was another 'Jaffa revenge thing'!! It turned out better than I thought. It gave more insight into what was happening to the scattered Jaffa after Dakara and I for one found it interesting.

The stresses of the Ori threat are coming out and it shows how easily things can change. We were really reminded of what Teal'c is all about here again. His ulitmate goal is to unite the Jaffa as a free race, free from all influences. Working with the Tau'ri was necessary for the destruction of the Goa'uld. If the Tau'ri aren't with him with fighting any other threats to his idea of Jaffa freedom he will go and find another way. I think this aspect of his almost fanatical belief in 'freedom for all Jaffa' has been forgotten and showed him to be as formidable as the Ori in reminding others of what is of paramount importance to him.

The element of uncertainty is really being stepped up in how cracks are appearing in what we've seen as a pretty solid relationship for ten years.

This emphasises the worry and despair that underlies the bravado of the SGC in the face of the Ori threat. The fragmented moments that the last few episodes have been I think have only served to show this, these people are trying to keep on doing what they've been doing despite it not working as well as it did in the past. The Ori are still there even after a few 'victories'.

Teal'c really was the star in this episode and it made it the most enjoyable Jaffa/Teal'c centric episode of all for me.
                          Can't say anything different about this after re-watching it. Still a pretty solid Teal'c episode.

Comment

I sure didn't like how T and Cam fought so easily. I sure felt that blow at the end of the fight. Ouch.

I'm leaving, you are about to explode. That sure is a great line.

Pretty gruesome ending with the sword.

I'm going to miss Bra'tac
                            sigpic

Comment

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1...

1. Oh it was fun watching POd Teal'c again.

2. Forgot about Arkad trying to get the SGC onside.

3. SG1...vs Teal'c. Did Landry not realise how rediculous this was?

Still, very fun ep.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Haven't we done this episode already? I have lost track of how many times Teal'c has left SG1 in name of Jaffa honor or because he disagrees with the ways Taur do business. Seeing Teal'c going rogue is no big deal to me because it is not something that is completely new to me. Its been done before that Teal'c violence bored me. In addition I do not like how easy Teal'c took out the rest of SG1 so easily. It was unrealastic to me to see him not even struggle in the battle with Mitchell. It felt too one sided to me. The battle with Arkad was ridicilous to me as well. Teal'c is bleeding and near death and yet he still is able to have his impaled. Just a poorly executed and overdone episode
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X