No announcement yet.

Bad Guys (1016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was funny. But that's all I give it. At least episodes like Window of Opprotunity and Urgo had more substance than this. I honestly wasn't that impressed overall. It's going to go on the pile of episodes to watch when I'm just in the mood to laugh....Under 200, under Urgo, and under WoO....It's really not high up on the list.

And that guy had HUGE eyes....

Honestly, though. It sounded like the premise for the episode was just so they could claim that they didn't leave us hanging on that Ancient treasure...
    sigpic

Comment

I hope you don't mind Stef, but I took one of the screencaps and made this:

Comment

So guys...any idea why Amanda wasn't in the episode?

Was she busy with something?

Comment

She could have been doing Sanctuary, or like Shanks has time off to spend with family.

sigpic

Comment

Using Carter's experience is a good way to determine what could happen, however it's also he worst way to determine what could happen.

Earth² was coming under attack from an alien invasion force when they secret was found out, that added onto the fact that Russia never knew about the program just made problems worse. That added to the fact other nations never knew and had no idea would have just made the situation worse for the US.

Earth however has disclosure with other nations, has support from people all over the world and the ability to effectively defend itself from pretty much anyone who'd be out to cause trouble so the people of Earth wouldn't have anything to really fear, unlike the people of Earth².

While Earth seems to have been doing everything right, Earth² has barely made it through the by the skin of it's teeth. I don't think Earth would reveal anything until the leaders of the world know they are safe

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              I thought it was hilarious when Jackson was telling the two women to shut up and that there are rules to being hostages. It really cracked me up.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom View Post
                Don't you (and other who have decried this episode) get it?! Its post-Stargate Stargate -- we are not out of the realm of 1st generation Stargate and we're playing with all the concepts and characterisations of past first-generation "real" Stargate. So I can understand how you'd hate this if you are still clinging to the image of what SG-1 used to be. But we met the end of the Goa'uld and the Replicators, and we found Atlantis -- so much of the weight of the original stories are OVER. Now its time to play.
                I'll be honest after RDA left, I lost my squee a bit for SG1, then when AT left I hardly watched it for a year and started getting back into it, later on hoping that the stories had improved and that I would give the 'new characters' a chance, but it's eps like this and Bounty that make me think I made a wrong decision. S10 has been really good so far...and then THIS. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Don't you get it' and 'It's post-Stargate'. Is that supposed to forgive lazy writing and boring episodes? And because we have a new cast, does that mean the quality of the eps is ok because it's post Stargate? I'll admit, I love action and adventure and mythology lots of blowing things up, I miss the Goa'uld, but bored with the Ori, but it's created an interesting stroyline, love the replicators, and i'm all for having fun episodes. But sorry for me this wasn't fun or funny. It was just sooo boring. If you're a Daniel fan you'll love this episode, as MS gets to stretch his comedic side, but for me it didn't work. The 'comic' effect was so OTT that it lost its way (though i'm sure others will disagree) and that's fine each to their own.

Sure, the humor is kinda kitchy ("Die Hard...") and its all super tounge-in-cheek but LET GO OF THE PAST and come with me into the new SG-1. We've had 8 good years of Stargate stories with serious stuff, and we do get a little 'galactic doom' from the Ori (but even they are post-Stargate characters) but the show is on borrowed time and has been since RDA left, so I think its high time we all just went with the flow, remembered what we're doing here (watching TV to pass the time enjoyably) and stop clinging to old glories. The producers of this show certainly aren't!
                'Let go of the Past' Trust me hon, it's been let go a while, and yes tongue-in-cheek does work in some eps, and some of the best eps have been tongue in cheek where appropriate, but the whole ep? I expected more than this from Stargate... is it so wrong to want decent eps in Stargate's finality series? I guess maybe it is if people (and it's not directed at you hon, so please don't take offence) tell me to 'let go of the past' I might just have a hissy fit, lol. But it's not clinging to 'old glories' it's remembering fondly of what Stargate USED to be, but it doesn't excuse bad script writing or bad acting or bad story lines and this ep had all that for me *shrugs* It just feels as if SG1 has lost it's magic somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                  Wow.

What an incredibly bad episode.
                  Yep. That's about all I can muster up for this stupidly not funny episode that tried so hard to be funny.

Comment

At first I didn't like this episode at all, it just felt like a boring filler one. But later when the securitygaurd started to reasoning with himself it cracked me up. The gaurd trying to scream when he was ducktaped and jumping around was the best thing in the whole episode

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      Well, considering the alternatives.....I'd say Daniel was the best choice. I mean, could you see Teal'c or Vala doing the negotiating? So the only other person would have been Mitchell. Daniel is supposed to be the expert on cultures, and he's usually the one to deal directly with them (as the sort of diplomat), so it would make sense that he would be the one to try and talk to the police. Plus, I got the sense that Mitchell was already frustrated with the people....so that was probably a reason why he didn't take over.

I happened to really enjoy Daniel in this episode...he had some of my favorite scenes. It was nice to see something different from the character...not the usual serious/annoyed vibe I get from him most of the time.

-Stef
                      Actually, I think Teal'c or Vala would have been infinitely better to negotiate with the cops. Teal'c has quite a lot of experience with politics, where negotiating would play a big part. Plus add to the fact that Teal'c is able to view it from the perspective of the SWAT team. He is a warrior. And Vala has all those street smarts, which is what you need in that kind of situation.

I think Daniel was highly out of character here. I mean, Vala even points out that that guy was a 'kindred spirit' and Daniel doesn't even tag along to his lab where there could be a chance to learn about the history/find ancient artifacts?

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                        Originally posted by Kpnuts
                        The weapons that looked exactly like guns from Earth?
                        I don't recall seeing an Earth weapon with four small chambers in the barrel.
                        Marushin COP .357. That's a link to an airsoft one, since the COP didn't take off and the company folded. It's quite real though. And it's been used in Bladerunner, The Matrix and Battlestar Galactica.

The other guns that the security guards at the party had were Skorpions (a fairly popular SMG/machine pistol in the old Eastern Bloc). I dunno what the soldiers/police had, but I've definitely seen it used on Battlestar too.

Comment

I think they were shooting parts of The Road Not Taken at the same time.

Comment

I certainly enjoyed this episode. I love the bits of humor especially when Vala tried to get the bomb from the case. I was disappointed in the ending. I felt it was too rushed at the end but other then that, it was fun.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                            Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Hello!

I just watched this one, and I thought it was pretty good... Though I really appreciated the little things: Cam's seaweed reference, going back to where he said he had read all of SG1's mission reports, seeing Goa'uld stuff lying around, the premise of looking for technology, Vala wanting to solve something, Teal'c's movie obsession, the exotic music at the start... For some reason, I really liked the paramedic uniforms. They seemd very medical, but very foreign at the same time.

I love that that they didn't know they were in a museum at until they turned the corner.

And you can't tell me that if you were in the position of teh second-class guard, that you wouldn't think how he thought. We've seen enough movies and TV shows to at least think that everything isn't as it appears - though we prolly wouldn't be so paranoid about it. Or as inept.

This episode was kinda like a throwback to the first few seasons where they went to lots of 'planets of the week'. It could easily have been from that era (though RDA wolud have made it more entertaining, I think. I've never been a huge fan of Cam, though I liked him in this ep). What made it that much more interesting is that Cicero (sp?) felt like a Daniel from early on, which was contrasted (perhaps a bit forcibly so) to the Daniel of today, who is more quick-tempered and more rash - though he just went with that and acted it up.

And it was nice to see the team working differently together. You never really see Daniel and Tealc together.

Except perhaps it was a bit much airing this one right after Bounty last week. They felt pretty similar, and didn't offer much in terms of the overall story. But still pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                Actually, I think Teal'c or Vala would have been infinitely better to negotiate with the cops. Teal'c has quite a lot of experience with politics, where negotiating would play a big part. Plus add to the fact that Teal'c is able to view it from the perspective of the SWAT team. He is a warrior. And Vala has all those street smarts, which is what you need in that kind of situation.
                                Those things notwithstanding, when was the last time we saw either one of these two take point in a negotiation (unless they were dealing with someone they actually knew)? You talk about being out of character, I'd say that letting Vala negotiate this tricky situation would be more out of character for Mitchell, Teal'c, and Daniel than anything this episode had to offer. As for Teal'c, maybe he would have made a good negotiator, but that's never going to happen. Like you said, Teal'c falls into the warrior role rather than the political one when it comes to the dynamics of the team. Should this change? Depends on your view. Will it change? Unlikely.

While Vala or Teal'c negotiating would make sense in some respects, it would completely throw off how the group works....and, no doubt, people would have been complaining about that in this thread, if it had happened, instead of about Daniel. I can only imagine the backlash from people if Vala had taken over. It would be a disaster! People would complain that she's taking over the show and that the writers are focusing too much on the "new" characters rather than on the establised ones. No doubt, people would also be complaining that Daniel and Cam would NEVER give her that much power and control....especially when she has exhibited some impetuous behavior in the past (remember her at the funds committee in "Ties That Bind"...and Daniel wouldn't let her negotiate with the Jaffa in "Counterstrike" over the walkie talkie either).

In truth, as the leader, Cam should have done the negotiating, but after him, it usually falls to Daniel or Sam (and she was noteably absent).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X