No announcement yet.

Bad Guys (1016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an ad-libbed scene? Which one was it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I loved that it was hilarious!
      And the next line is even funnier: "Don't eyeball me!!".

Comment

I didn't know, why was Cicero so familiar. Joshua Malina played Will Bailey in West Wing:
        http://imdb.com/name/nm0539651/

Ron Canada (Quartus) played in West Wing too.
        http://imdb.com/name/nm0133474/
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I expected to dislike this episode but was surprised to find I didn't.

The concept ws good - kudos to Ben Browder for his involvement. SG-1 in an awkward "first contact" position, having to stall for time by being the "bad guys".

Execution wasn't perfect and the comedy was a little cliche....screaming woman, bickering hostages, bumbling security guard, etc. This episode practically screamed for Jack (of S1-4)'s light comic touch and delivery.

But it had some funny ines and I actually felt some tension there as they all ran for the gate at the end - something lacking in a lot of episodes these days. Liked the Quartus and Cicero characters.

Daniel was having quite the hissy fit there at the beginning, which MS played a little OTT I thought, but once he settled down I thought some of the lines and scenes with Teal'c, Daniel and hostages were pretty amusing. And I liked Mitchell in this one.

I think I'm grading on the curve since I have no huge expectations from the show anymore, but for a filler, comedic episode, I thought it was okay. It entertained me more than several other episodes this season - Insiders, Morpheus and Company of Thieves come to mind.

But what dire event happened in the makeup trailer? Was there a sunlamp accident cause as others have noted, Daniel's face was the oddest orangey tan color!
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Hmm think I'm in the middle of the road. I definitely didn't think this was the absolute worse episode, nor did I think it was the best.

It definitely wasn't the best stand-alone episode in my opinion, nor did it come close to being the best comedy episode. Honestly, it probably wouldn't even make it on my top 100 list.

However, I wouldn't refuse to ever watch it again. But then again, I probably wouldn't choose to watch it again either. So in the end, if I just happened to walk past the television and it just happen to be on, I may sit down and view it one more time and try to enjoy it as much as I have every other Stargate AU episode.

Kat

Comment

Hello...just popping here to post my thoughts on Bad Guys...

I have to say - I enjoyed this more than I have an episode of SG-1 in quite a while. So much so that I found myself watching it again! That hasn't happened in a while!

Humor is a very subjective thing. What is absolutely hilarious to one person will seem completely stupid to the next one. I'm sure there's a lot of people who found Avenger 2.0 to be extremely funny, while I on the other hand immediately gave it the dubious honor of "Worst Stargate Episode Ever" in my own personal Stargate Hall of Fame. I also found Wormhole Extreme to be cringeworthy, Urgo to be very very funny, and the only section of "200" worth watching to be the invisible O'Neill section (with the exception of the shower scene), and that I watched several times. I'm not sure I can articulate why I find some things funny and other things simply dumb. It's just a personal matter I suppose.

With this episode, I was surprised to find myself enjoying it so much. I actually put off watching this episode for a while because I had read the spoilers, and frankly it looked pretty dumb. Maybe going into it with lowered expectations helped - I don't know. But it was fun to see the team get caught in a awkward situation, and respond in a not-quite-typical manner. Typical would be to surrender, get taken prisoner, get locked away while the ruling government tries to get information out of them, finally get beamed out by the Odyssey right before they're about to die....yadda yadda.....we've seen all that before. Boring! (IMO, of course) This was different. After 10 years, I thought it was fun to see them be on the other side of the fence, so to speak. And, while the team did some stupid things (standing around like idiots when the kissing couple came in), I think they were smart to listen to Vala for once and not repeat old mistakes (see above re: typical episode). Really, once the whole mess started, they didn't really have a lot of options other than what they did - try to stay in control, and make sure no one got hurt.

This is not to say that I think the episode should be taken too seriously - it wasn't written that way. But in my opinion the whole team was right in character. Mitchell, Daniel, Vala, Teal'c - everyone was awesome. I didn't miss Sam, and frankly I don't think she would have worked in this episode, because she's so much the techno-wizard. It was fun to see the team try to get themselves out of their mess with what they had.

Vala was awesome - this is the Vala I enjoy, not the silly little-girl acting Vala. She's smart, overconfident without a doubt, but lacking none of her survival skills.

Daniel - poor Daniel. He's so not enjoying this whole situation. His attempts at demands (with Teal's expressions making commentary) were very funny, as was his conversation with the security guard. I don't think his reaction to the girls' little catfight was really that OOC. Daniel can get really worked up when he's stressed (I remember him jumping up and down yelling in Crystal Skull), and he's definitely under stress here.

Teal'c is almost enjoying the situation it seems, playing the big bad scary Jaffa. And I loved it that he caught the movie reference and Daniel didn't. Go Teal'c! Ten years of earth contact has corrupted him. <grin>

Mitchell was good-I enjoy it when Mitchell gets to play the level headed leader, although riding herd on Vala was definitely stretching his patience. Again we see his knowledge about SG-1's history in the seaweed reference. (I always think it's funny when they reference Mitchell knowing all of SG-1's missions, because of an interview where Ben Browder said before he started on Stargate he sat down and did a marathon viewing of all eight preceding seasons.) His speech at the end was great - perfect wrapup to the episode. Mitchell is far from being an idiot, and actually has some people skills. I think that's one of the reasons I like him so much. Although I loved Jack in the early seasons, I found myself switching allegiances to Mitchell pretty quickly. I was a little tired of Jack's dumb and oblivious act, and have enjoyed having a more team-oriented leader for SG-1. Don't kill me - I know that's almost heresy! <cringe> It's just how I feel about it, but I realize it's not everyone's opinion.

Overall, an awesome episode in my opinion, and one that makes me regret that the show is cancelled.
              Last edited by Killdeer; 19 February 2007, 04:37 PM.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                There was an ad-libbed scene? Which one was it?!
                The elevator scene. It was stated in the DVD I think that RDA ad libed most of that scene and that there was also a "space monkey" line add libed by RDA that was cut out.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou View Post
                  I expected to dislike this episode but was surprised to find I didn't.

The concept ws good - kudos to Ben Browder for his involvement. SG-1 in an awkward "first contact" position, having to stall for time by being the "bad guys".

Execution wasn't perfect and the comedy was a little cliche....screaming woman, bickering hostages, bumbling security guard, etc. This episode practically screamed for Jack (of S1-4)'s light comic touch and delivery.

But it had some funny ines and I actually felt some tension there as they all ran for the gate at the end - something lacking in a lot of episodes these days. Liked the Quartus and Cicero characters.

Daniel was having quite the hissy fit there at the beginning, which MS played a little OTT I thought, but once he settled down I thought some of the lines and scenes with Teal'c, Daniel and hostages were pretty amusing. And I liked Mitchell in this one.

I think I'm grading on the curve since I have no huge expectations from the show anymore, but for a filler, comedic episode, I thought it was okay. It entertained me more than several other episodes this season - Insiders, Morpheus and Company of Thieves come to mind.

But what dire event happened in the makeup trailer? Was there a sunlamp accident cause as others have noted, Daniel's face was the oddest orangey tan color!
                  I agree this was a great epiosde though there were a few "cringy" moments. Mainly the screaming girl is all that anoyed me, oh yeah the guard too. Still it was very good and the orange face was noticable in Bounty too.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I certainly enjoyed this episode, despite the cliché'd bits like the screaming girl, bickering hostages etc. etc.

Watching SG-1 trying their hardest to fit in with the political situation - Daniel reading their 'demands' off a cue card, for example, was great fun.

Poor old Cicero - after all that, being proved right only to see the political response denying anything had ever happened and burying the gate! It's tough being a lone scientific voice, isn't it?

Vala certainly rocked in this ep - all that sublime overconfidence. The fact that she actually activated the naquadah bomb, rather than pretending to in order to get the Security guard to give them the code to raise the barrier tickled me.

I noticed Daniel's strange 'tan' as well. Did someone spill some St Tropez on him while he was asleep or something?
                    sigpic

Comment

enjoyed this one too. good season filler.

my fave line was when asked :

: seaweed ?
                      : don't go theeere ....

Comment

Whats gives with the seaweed? Cam mentioned seaweed and Daniel, don't go there?

Comment

I loved it when he sad "Shut up, shut up, your hostages this is a life and death situation here, start acting like it."
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                          The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                            Whats gives with the seaweed? Cam mentioned seaweed and Daniel, don't go there?
                            Was a reference to an early Season 1 episode I believe... in which they used something that looked like seaweed to power the stargate and manually dial out.

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I had real problems watching this one - as soon as Daniel appeared 3 words popped into my head and they put me off the whole thing.

Robert Kilroy Silk

(apologies to nonUK fans who don't get the reference)

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                Was a reference to an early Season 1 episode I believe... in which they used something that looked like seaweed to power the stargate and manually dial out.

Ace
                                Close. Season 2. Prisoners. They worked with Linea [Destroyer of Worlds], an expert of the elements, who used her mixtures to energize seaweed-like roots to power the gate.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X