No announcement yet.

The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode I tought it was funny at the end when teals said he was going to spar with siler I guess how that fight was going to go
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
      Was DSD's presence important or just a cameo ? Can't wait for the "Shroud"
      Not a huge role, perhaps, but a fairly decent one. I definitely wouldn't call it a cameo.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
        Lol. Sorry, I'm English.

Hey, maybe Beau couldn't pronounce Taoiseach.
        LOL, don't worry... I'm not actually offended in the slightest

It's just fun cause we see a drastic difference between Northern Irish and Irish accents

Hehe that was my mom's theory

It was SO nice to see Don S Davis again... I was so hoping for RDA that I took him for granted the first 10 minutes or so... but I've really missed that guy...

Comment

Season ten has been so good! I hated s9 and wasn't sorry when I heard the show was ending...but now...

*wails*

I want it to go on!!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Lol. Sorry, I'm English.

Hey, maybe Beau couldn't pronounce Taoiseach.
            Perhaps just a research gap - if it was a pronuciation issue, they might have blamed the President.

Or since it's an AU, maybe Ireland having a Prime Minister is one of the changes.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              Perhaps just a research gap - if it was a pronuciation issue, they might have blamed the President.

Or since it's an AU, maybe Ireland having a Prime Minister is one of the changes.
              Maybe.

Having said which, I live virtually next-door to Ireland and I can't pronounce Taoiseach either. *blush* But then my Gaelic pronounciation always has been bloody awful, just like my Welsh

Comment

Maybe.

Having said which, I live virtually next-door to Ireland and I can't pronounce Taoiseach either. *blush* But then my Gaelic pronounciation always has been bloody awful, just like my Welsh
                *attempts to help*

Erm... tee-shuck... sort of... *is bad at teaching Irish pronunciation online*

Comment

Awesome episode!!!

I wouldn't want to live in a world like that! Talk about one step forward and two steps back! Squee about Lorne being commander of SG1! Loved that!!!!

More George Hammond!! Yippy! Missed that guy alot! I wish a little snip-it of what happened to Jack was said.

Can't believe Sam and Rodney were married. Oh man! Don't want to think about that!!!!

That bit about the Irish village being bombed I thought was...very thought provoking, a president asking another foreign power to destroy a village in their own country. Total madness!

Cam - well, poor guy. What a terrible waste! I sware he's wearing the same wig MS wore in Moebieus.

Excellent episode --- 9/10
                  Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                  The Strongest Will Survive!
                  I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    Season ten has been so good! I hated s9 and wasn't sorry when I heard the show was ending...but now...

*wails*

I want it to go on!!
                    Isn't that always the way.
                    Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                    The Strongest Will Survive!
                    I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the interviewer "Julia Donovan", as in the reporter in that got to explore Prometheus in the episode "Prometheus", shes also pooped up in "Covenant", "The four horsemen" and "Ex Deus Machina". Thats also a nice little character coming back.
                      Hola

Hello

Comment

I have a synopsis if anyone is interested?
                        Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
                          Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the interviewer "Julia Donovan", as in the reporter in the episode "Prometheus" and also appeared talking on national news in "The four horsemen" and "Ex Deus Machina". Thats also a nice little character coming back.
                          Really well spotted... and I think you're right...

Comment

I love that about Stargate, how they can make the little characters have stories to tell as well, sure some characters disappear after there first episode (the business guy in "Covenent" anyone) But some characters will always just crop up in the background. IE Syler, Walter, Lorne etc etc.
                            I mean Lorne did practically nothing in Enemy mine, however he is now a recurring character on Atlantis.

This episode did surprise me, i though it would be just a clone of "There By the Grace of the Gods", which im not knocking, that was an amazing episode, and its a clever idea to do a nod to that considering there 9 years apart, however it turned out to be so much greater then the clone i though it would, with the darker storyline, and the amazing acting, as i have come to expect from Amanda Tapping, with the appearances of Lorne, Hammond and McKay (One of my favourite characters), and the little shippy moments (friendships a ship too) between Vala and Sam. Season 10 is turning out to be amazing!!
                            Last edited by BC - 303; 23 January 2007, 01:31 PM.
                            Hola

Hello

Comment

I rather liked this ep... even if I did find the plotline to be kinda a hotch-potch of some of the story elements from There But For The Grace of God and 2001.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Lorne and McKay in this ep - I hadn't expected that - and found this AU version of McKay much more convincing (as in recognisably the same man but also noticeably different) than that in McKay & Mrs Miller.

I liked Sam in this episode but I have to admit that a lot of my interest in the ep came from the AU elements - seeing characters we know in different situations. As far as the plot went.. it was all a little predictable. I called it sooooo early on that they were not gonna let her go back.
                              sigpic

Comment

I loved the fact that the Prommie was now Air Force One!
                                that was so hilarious.
                                I was wondering why the Russians would have moved in on the antarctic outpost in a military manner. I would have assumed they knew about it considering the relationship between the two countires prior to Anubis' attack.
                                oh well maybe in that universe there was never american - russian co-operation on the stargate issue

Comment

Working...
                                X