No announcement yet.

The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent episode. If the rest of Seasons Nine and Ten had been like this episode or "Line In The Sand", I would have enjoyed them a heck of a lot more.

AT did an absolutely fabulous job with this storyline and I liked the twist of Sam being trapped in an alternate reality not because she couldn't get back but because she wasn't allowed to. I also liked the little unexpected surprises, like AlternateSam having been involved with the McKay of her reality and Major Lorne leading SG-1 instead of a more obvious choice like Jack, Mitchell or AlternateSam herself.

The fate of AlternateMitchell was another surprise. I think that BB did a good job with him, such a contrast from his more happy-go-lucky counterpart.

I thought that the ending was a very sweet touch, with Teal'c, Vala and Mitchell revealing that they had spent so long talking to an empty room to keep Sam company. I wonder what they did say to her - any fanfic writers want to take that on? Vala's impulsive hug was nice too.

It was nice to see them caring about each other. They seemed more team-like than they have in a long time.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I'm so glad I don't read spoilers anymore... Hammond AND Lorne! Very happy. Really enjoyed the episode too, even though not so much enjoying the SG-1 Tuesday night/Atlantis Wednesday night thing.... much more fun to watch one after the other. Can't believe we only have 7 episodes left I am not looking forward to 8 weeks time...
      meh

Comment

Seeing Mitchell like that reminded me off Colonel Dagg(sp) from Forest Gump!

Also, I love the first scene between Sam and McKay, when he thinks she's a lesbian.

Comment

Me like very much, McKay is brilliant as is sam , and i liked and the moment
          squee as well, what ever that meens
          Hola

Hello

Comment

This episode completely RULED man.
            GENERAL HAMMOND!
            I did not expect that.
            And Major Lorne, who seemed important at the start then completely vanished.
            Odd...
            And McKay was there, being not as good as usual. Where was the arrogance!?
            Anyone else feel the ending was a bit rushed?
            Cause I certainly did.

But anyways, top class episode and one of my favourite of the season thus far.
            GENERAL HAMMOND

Comment

It was funny at the end with Bill examining the room with the "satellite" (I don't know the technically term, doohickey?), and Carter came back and shouted in it
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! Amanda was amazing in this episode (and didn't she look stunning in that dress!) and it was such a great surprise to see Lorne, Hammond and Rodney! I didn't see them coming at all!

5/5 Great Sam episode!
                Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                  I'm a bit puzzled where's Jack ? Did we see the Antarctic chair being used ? Did they beat the Ori?
                  i thought only an ancient could use the chair, so i was a little confused as to how they beat the Ori the first time, but hey, the episode was so good i'm willing to overlook it, i might just be forgeting stuff
                  ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Really good episode. I was so surprised to see Hammond I cheered. It dealt with very heavy themes, America had become a dictatorship (no elections), the world was isolated from all their alien allies, they used torture weapons on protesters and bombed Ireland!

I loved that Mackay is the same in any universe, David Hewlett looked very hot in this episode. Their Sam must have been very different from ours to have married him, mind you she did divorce him.

The Ori ships looked impressive, wonder if Daniel was on one of them. I didn't hear any mention of Jack, which kind of seemed strange to me.

My only gripe is that Sam seemed to get back very easily.

Loved the hug from Vala at the end.

9/10 on this episode.

Comment

I'll be honest when the episode ended I felt a tad disappointed, however then I recapped the whole episode in my mind and realised I really liked it. There were some great moments, like cam walking into the shield, the Ori ships gathered around earth, PROMETHEUS still alive and kicking, the mentions to daniel and especially the end, them talking to an empty room for 2 weeks lol, plus the little sam/Vala hug, nice to see them getting along. The political issues brought up were great, using alien technologies on your foreign allies, naughty america . Oh yer and Hammond! God I miss that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith View Post
                        Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! Amanda was amazing in this episode (and didn't she look stunning in that dress!) and it was such a great surprise to see Lorne, Hammond and Rodney! I didn't see them coming at all!

5/5 Great Sam episode!
                        I preferred the short skirt/knee-high boots ensemble, but the dress was nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
                          i thought only an ancient could use the chair, so i was a little confused as to how they beat the Ori the first time, but hey, the episode was so good i'm willing to overlook it, i might just be forgeting stuff
                          They could have used anyone with the ATA gene
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Mediocre episode but after last week's garbage it was a huge difference.

Started out really well until after the Ori ships attacked and perhaps even further on a tad. Then the story completely lost focus and it was all a bit up in the air. And in terms of that completely anti-climactic 'ending'.

There she is trying to get herself back the entire second half of the episode and it just happens in about 30 seconds at the last minute? It's either bad story telling, script writing or directing.

And don't get me started on Dr Lee, the most annoying character in the entire Stargate series. Urgh, what a moron.

6/10

[mod snip]
                            Last edited by Madeleine; 23 January 2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok a quick recap, sam was messing with the phase device when she is pulled through into a paralel universe, the first thing we realise is lorne is leading Sg1 and hammond is in command of the base, the situation occured because carter in the paralel demension was messing with their device at the same time. carter asks to speak to someone but daniel is captured by the ori, vala is in area 51 in a cell, tealc has gone back to the jafa and mitchell left the military, carter asks to go back but with 5 ori ships 3 days away she realises she will have to save this planet first, anyway she gets the device working and cloaks the planet, however she needed power channeled from the national grid to do it, we learn this is possible because because during the season 7 anubis attack the gate was made public to the world this caused riots and the US is kinda under marshall law, the us is also using f302s to bomb other countrys, this was set in stone by president landry who isn't a bad person but is obviousely struggling.

sams success has made her famous and shes invited to a party where a protester appears and is hacked down by guards using those goa uld cattle prods, sam is appaled and her and landry are beamed out onto the promethius which is like landrys private ship/air force one, landry now decides he wants the tech sam brought and he isn't going to let her leave, realising this sam goes to see rodney whos now a millionaire in technology businessess as she knows rodney did a paralel universe thing with his sister, she also goes to see mitchell who we now see is a dissabled drunken smoking mess. after the attack in antarctica during his theropy he stood up for his principles and told landry what he thought of his methods and marshall law, his theropy was dropped and hes now living in like a one room flat. landry has positioned himself as an almost unmovable president as they canceled the last election due to riots, hes maneuvered himself into a sort of unmovable position hitler did during world war 2,

sam comes out on national tv and tells the world what she knows, but the government cover it up, however seeing her as a loose cannon they let her go back to her home world, but not before making mckay take her job. when carter returns we find out the team just sat and talked to the empty room for 2 weeks in case she was there

it ends with vala giving sam a big hug

Comment

Well i have to say this is my favourate AU episode of all time, and one of the best Sam episodes for the past few years. It was needed so badly, this is what stargate needed, to see what things could be like. Such contrasts! Martial law, no democracy, Goaudl torture sticks being used! Civil libertys taken away, F302's used against other nations, Promethius used as air force one, the president in the SGC..
                                But luckily for our universe, we now have something to live for, because we have someone who can tell us when roads shouldnt be taken, which is the moral of the story.
                                Technologically, earth has just jumped into a higher plane! We may just be the only race in the universe that is completely free from the Ori, or has the potential to be.
                                God i loved this episode! I thought Kinsey should have made an apperence, it would have seemed fitting. Also No jack That doesnt really bother me too much but it would have been nice, we get to see him next week so ill live with it.
                                I cant wait to see Sam look over the CCTV footage of thier convos to a blank room
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X