Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    How do they know he isn't dead? Vala could have used the healing device back home on Earth, Carter told Mitchell that it would take her weeks to recover.
    I thought Cameron, or someone (can't remember), said in The Quest 2 that Adria wouldn't kill Daniel because the information he has is too valuable? Or is that just speculation on my part? *goes to check transcript*

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
      all good questions, but i think a more important one is "What do macaroons taste like"

These people are soldiers, they can't get swallowed in despite everytime a comrade falls! Even if Vala had a healing device she was in the wrong dimension to help Sam! and Talent is a matter of opinion (although this was far from my fave episode)

i think some time must have past between Quest II and Line in the sand, it would explain the work Sam did on Merlins clocking device and they contentment at the start of the episode despite Daniels absents!

happy? now someone give my a macaroon!
      Macaroons taste like coconut.

I think it would have been far better for the whole team to have shown some kind of hurt for the loss of Daniel, the opening scene with them all smiles on the ramp left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Happy? No, not really. I didn't like this episode one bit, it was slow and dull.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

How do they know he isn't dead? Vala could have used the healing device back home on Earth, Carter told Mitchell that it would take her weeks to recover.
        They seemed pretty convinced at the end of the quest part 2 he would still be alive because Adria needs the intel he has. I get the feeling they only use Goa'uld technology as a last resort, when it's life threatening. In the time it would take them to fly the healing device all the way from Area 51 and get it to the SGC they could have already patched her up and it wouldn't be life threatening anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          I thought Cameron, or someone (can't remember), said in The Quest 2 that Adria wouldn't kill Daniel because the information he has is too valuable? Or is that just speculation on my part? *goes to check transcript*

No, that was speculation on HIS part. They have no way of knowing that Daniel isn't dead. Unless the sneaky little devils peeked at the scripts!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
            They seemed pretty convinced at the end of the quest part 2 he would still be alive because Adria needs the intel he has. I get the feeling they only use Goa'uld technology as a last resort, when it's life threatening. In the time it would take them to fly the healing device all the way from Area 51 and get it to the SGC they could have already patched her up and it wouldn't be life threatening anymore.
            The healing device is kept at the SGC, Vala has already used it this season on the members of another team. I forget the episode.
            sigpic

Comment

No, that was speculation on HIS part. They have no way of knowing that Daniel isn't dead. Unless the sneaky little devils peeked at the scripts!!
              lol

i think it was 3/4 logic (The Ori girl Adria?(sp?) knows Daniel has Merlins memories, handy) and 1/4 trying to reassure Vala, poor girl.
              ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

OK...

1. The Cam-Sam scenes reminded me of "Solitudes" of all eps, Sam's turn to get whumped.

2. Vala-Tomin. Not sure why that subplot was added in, haven't seen any of the earlier eps so that relationship doesn't mean much to me.

3. On the other hand I did like Tomin questioning the Prior on his own terms.

Overall, 7/10, not as good as The Quest!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The healing device is kept at the SGC, Vala has already used it this season on the members of another team. I forget the episode.
                  wouldn't the healing device have the same side effect as the big ol' Sarcouigus (sp?) it's the same tech, isn't it? remember "Need" when daniel went crazy?
                  and remember that time Daniel found the Fountian of Youth and got kidnapped in S.America?

just a guess
                  ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

I liked it. Good episode
                    Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                    The Strongest Will Survive!
                    I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

I thought this was easily one of the worst episodes I have ever seen, dull, predictable, slow. Dire. Such a disappointment after last weeks wonderful episode. Not one I will ever watch again.

Where was all the concern for a fallen comrade? Where was Vala and her healing device? Where have all the talented writers gone????
                      And we're back to crap episodes of season 10.

I swear they've used the exact same village set every other episode for the past two years. Can we have SOME creativity please??

Boring episode, hardly any action, the supporting actors weren't wonderful, the story wasn't even re-capped, the ending was another 'oh is that it' moment and no one even mentions Daniel until the last few seconds.

4/10. Rubbish, and Bounty looks a million times worse.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        You're correct. That's what Mitchell said; that Adria will keep Daniel alive because he is a source of valuable intel.

Comment

ok i thought it was a bit weird that daniel wasnt mentioned more but then again this epiode does seem to be set at least a few weeks after quest 2 so perhaps they have just come to terms more with it.

Comment

I thought this was an absolutely superb episode. It reminded me of a classic Season 1/2 episode. SG-1 went through the gate, got into troble, got out of trouble and went home. It developed the villains, there was great team interaction and lots of action.

It was great to see another big action sequence with the Ori soldiers; the ring platform was brilliant and the script was incredibley well written with lots of meaty dialouge for the actors. Sam and Cam's scenes were performed beautifully by the two actors and Vala's and Tomin's scenes together were very powerful.

The only gripes I have with the episodes are: 1) The reuse of the village set. It doesn't matter how they dress it or where they position the camera, it always looks the same and frankly it looks like a set, not a real village. 2) The ending was predictable and a bit weak compared to the amount of action and powerful drama throughout the rest of the episode.

Overall though, this was a really fantastic episode.
                            'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Macaroons taste like coconut.

I think it would have been far better for the whole team to have shown some kind of hurt for the loss of Daniel, the opening scene with them all smiles on the ramp left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Happy? No, not really. I didn't like this episode one bit, it was slow and dull.

Seriously, if I were Sam, Teal'c or Mitchell (since Cam's read all the mission reports), I would be thinking that Daniel will show up again sometime. He's been helped out by Oma twice...you can't kill Daniel. Sam and Teal'c know that very well.

As for Vala, according to how they wrote her last week, I would have thought she'd be all weepy-eyed and angsting over Daniel. On the other hand, maybe she truly does know what it's like to be a member of SG-1 now. The reality is that they still have to defeat the Ori - there' much at stake. Can't spend their time worrying or angsting over Daniel at this point when there's nothing they can do about it.

Furthermore, Daniel fans will get to see other characters angsting over Daniel in a few weeks, when it is appropriate and when they possibly CAN do something about his situation.

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                                I thought this was an absolutely superb episode. It reminded me of a classic Season 1/2 episode. SG-1 went through the gate, got into troble, got out of trouble and went home. It developed the villains, there was great team interaction and lots of action.

It was great to see another big action sequence with the Ori soldiers; the ring platform was brilliant and the script was incredibley well written with lots of meaty dialouge for the actors. Sam and Cam's scenes were performed beautifully by the two actors and Vala's and Tomin's scenes together were very powerful.

The only gripes I have with the episodes are: 1) The reuse of the village set. It doesn't matter how they dress it or where they position the camera, it always looks the same and frankly it looks like a set, not a real village. 2) The ending was predictable and a bit weak compared to the amount of action and powerful drama throughout the rest of the episode.

Overall though, this was a really fantastic episode.
                                ^^ I agree

I thought the whole Sam thing was brilliant, If I hadn't seen spoilers I may have actually thought she was going to die. Got me a bit sad actually lol seeing Sam go through that, but atleast she had Cam with her for support

Comment

Working...
                                X