The Shroud (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Sam does little but says lots - I mean she is very vocal about Daniel being Daniel and they have to save him, but there's no interaction.

Vala sits on his lap and tries to comfort him; but explains why she doesn't let herself trust him.

Teal'c trusts him and looks suitably concerned.

Cam calls him 'sunshine' once he's back to normal.

I'd have liked more, from each of them, but to be fair what we got was fine; they believed Daniel but didn't quite dare act on his words, and they were more focussed on saving the galaxy than on fond reunions. And then after Daniel was back to normal, we got a nice scene where T, J, V and C all stood roud his bedside and Sam asked after him on the com.
    I don't even want to know why they wrote Vala on his lap.

What were the scenes with Jack like? Were Jack and Vala the only ones who interacted with Daniel besides the very end? What was Sam doing and who was she talking to?
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Inital thoughts, I really need to watch this ep again, so much happened.

Jack was great, I really wish he had done more SG1 eps. His banter with Daniel was brilliant, and as a Jack/Daniel fan, loved the hair ruffle at the end, these two are just great together

Good overall team interaction, my one "rolls eyes" moment was when Vala sat on Daniel's lap, was that really necessary, Vala has much improved in S10, but I wish they wouldn't have her being so "cutesy" especially around Daniel, she's a grown woman

On the plus side nice to see that Sam and Jack can interact without it being awkward or shippy

OMG Daniel and Adria kissed So that was the "sort of romantic interlude" MS had talked about

Ok apart from that a good ep, although not quiet what I was expecting, I kept expecting a twist, I don't know it seemed all a bit too easy for Daniel, I hoped to see some angst, maybe that'll come in later eps I don't know.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
        she's been alive for less than a year lol
        Yeah, but she did age ultra-rapidly, remember. So she really has been brought up primarily in the company of the Ori.

Comment

What did Mitchell do in the ep?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            Sam does little but says lots - I mean she is very vocal about Daniel being Daniel and they have to save him, but there's no interaction.

Vala sits on his lap and tries to comfort him; but explains why she doesn't let herself trust him.

Teal'c trusts him and looks suitably concerned.

Cam calls him 'sunshine' once he's back to normal.

I'd have liked more, from each of them, but to be fair what we got was fine; they believed Daniel but didn't quite dare act on his words, and they were more focussed on saving the galaxy than on fond reunions. And then after Daniel was back to normal, we got a nice scene where T, J, V and C all stood roud his bedside and Sam asked after him on the com.
            I would like a explaination about the Vala part please. I am glad to read about team interaction I do love my ship and it sounds like we got a scene to look forward to but why can't she trust him what happened? Why did he kiss Adria? What was the circumstances?
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
              What did Mitchell do in the ep?
              Most notably, guard duty over Vala while she finished building the weapon and Teal'c guarded Sam while she reprogrammed things on the Ori ship...

Comment

yet another excellent episode, lots of twist, lots of turns, lots of jack (to please the jack fans). Although a really good episode it's no where near a good enough episode to actually destroy the Ori, that should be atleast a 2 parter. I don't think the Ori are gone, it wasn't a good enough death for such a great villain, yes we still have their followers but the ori were the ones with the knowledge, handing out the power and making all the moves, I feel the followers won't be half as good without them. They're the ancients oldest and likely biggest enemy, having them wiped out in the space of 5 minutes would be lame imo. I did love the ending, you thought everything was all good and happy then bam! 4 more ori ships come through the gate and they'll likely keep sending more now.

Comment

How man ship came through was it seven best episode of the season I thought you really do miss the jack and daniel dynamic
                  sigpic

Comment

Adria was HOT in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      I would like a explaination about the Vala part please. I am glad to read about team interaction I do love my ship and it sounds like we got a scene to look forward to but why can't she trust him what happened? Why did he kiss Adria? What was the circumstances?
                      Daniel was restrained, so he couldn't exactly push her off

Also, Adria kissed him, not the other way around, when she turned him into a Prior.

Comment

I know! What the heck is going on?? It didn't have a sure ending at all and I bet we have to wait till the season finale to find out whats going on.
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                          Adria was HOT in this episode.
                          No kidding.

Comment

Poundpuppy, i feel that...

Daniel9
                            Spoiler:

Merlin was still in his mind and used his 'i'm an ancient who knows how to do everything' techno knowledge to make the priorness temporary (and cloaked the ship - cooooool) to both save daniel and kick ori ass (well, possibly).

loved the counterstrike echo at the end with Daniel turning it back to Vala.

AMAZING ep. This ep and the quest II are why I watch this show. And not just because they give the DV dynamic weight/screen time ('shipper or not, it works well).

kay x
                            Last edited by Kales; 30 January 2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: spoiler tags didn't work! *facepalm*

Comment

OK synopsis for you. Quickly written so forgive any typos!

Intro
                              Previously on….recap of how Daniel took on Merlins memories and was building the weapon, Daniel being captured by Adria.

SG1 on a planet talking with a village elder about the visit of a Prior and explaining the fact that the Ori are dangerous and origin is a false religion. The villager says that the prior was very reasonable and made no threats. This surprises SG1 but they offer to assist the villagers if they choose to resist.
                              The prior returns. SG1 hide.
                              The prior is Daniel!!

Act1
                              Back at the SGC discussing the situation.
                              Daniel was very persuasive and reasonable with the villagers.
                              They think that he therefore still a part of Daniel. They agree they have no choice but to try and get him “back”.

Back in the village, Daniel is preaching. He is beamed up to the Odyssey.
                              He says, “what took you so long”. They zat him.
                              They restrain him in a chair with hand and feet restraints and have an anti Ori device in the room to disable his Prior powers. He wakes and discusses the situation with the team. He says its all part of the plan he and Merlin have. The team is not convinced. Cameron says – “no offence but have you looked in the mirror lately”
                              He says he gave in to Adria on the planet as he had no way to resist her power and it allowed the rest of them to escape. He was trying to ensure that Merlins weapon did not fall into Adrias hands.

Act2
                              An Ori ship.
                              Adria talking with Daniel explaining what Origin is about and about the ancients.
                              Daniel narrates that she was very persuasive and he says he let her believe that he was turning. He wanted her to trust him. It is Merlin talking. Daniel still has Merlins personality / memories.
                              Back on the Ori ship before that Daniel was turned into a Prior.
                              Adria says she can see why “mother” has affection for Daniel. She wants them to save her together. She leans in a kisses him. A bright light emanates from her and she turned Daniel into a Prior.
                              Adria turned him into a prior because he will be the best hope to convince the rest of the galaxy to convert to Origin.
                              Also he fooled her into believing that he would complete the weapon on her behalf.
                              He wanted to be a prior because he wants to be able to steal an Ori ship so that he can fly it to the Ori galaxy and use the weapon against them. But he cant do that as there is a wormhole blocking the super gate. He wants them to shut it down so he can follow that plan.
                              Back at the SGC, they are briefing Jack and Landry.

Jack goes to the Odyssey and talks with Daniel.
                              “this is a new look” says Jack.
                              Daniel explains that Merlin pre-programmed a time frame into the change to being a prior – he will revert back to himself – probably within a day.
                              Daniel trying very hard to convince Jack to let him follow the plan.
                              Jack is very sceptical but Daniel keeps insisting that they shut down the super gate so he can execute the plan.
                              Daniel says “you of all people should trust me”. Jack says Sam is not convinced it will work. Daniel explains why it will and how.
                              Jack is finding it very difficult to believe him.

Sam and Jack in her lab. She says that Daniel was right, the device can be used and the information Daniel provided is correct.
                              Sam asks if he believes in Daniel now.

Tealc goes to see Daniel. He asks how was Daniel able to dupe Adria, why is she not suspicious
                              Daniel explains that the Ori plan is to use the weapon to destroy the Ancients but to do so they need more power.

Ori wanted to build up their power from the galaxy so that they can destroy the Ancients. Adria stopped him from finishing the weapon so not to draw attention of the Ancients. But Ori still think they need more power before they can use the weapon themselves. That is why Adria is not suspicious of him. She is too busy trying to get more followers from the galaxy to add to their power. She has not the time to see that he is not on the level.

Back at the SGC, the IOA will not sanction the plan. Woolsey explains they decision. He is not happy but says that the IOA will be recommending that they terminate Daniels life.

Back on the ship. Vala is sitting on Daniels lap. She teases Daniel – he gets that they want to kill him. She says she will be planning a plan to try and plan that they don’t kill him – ie she hasn’t a plan yet! Daniel realises that Vala is struggling to believe him. She says she more than anyone understands how big this is given her experience of the Ori. She explains if he were in her position and there was a tiny doubt and any little chance that she was not on the level, he wouldn’t back her if the roles were reversed.

Comment

That episode had no closure whatsoever. My head is all over the place i dont know what to think. We dont know if the ori are dead or anything!!!
                                Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Working...
                                X