No announcement yet.

The Shroud (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't get over how much I enjoyed this episode. It was really well done in all areas IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      The spoilers made it sound like it'd be an ultimate sacrifice on Jack's part. Risking his career is hardly an ultimate sacrifice. And dooming the galaxy isn't really a personal ultimate sacrifice.
      well he is the one who ordered the supergate wormhole to be shut down thus letting the ori send anything there want through the supergate.

so IMO that was the sacrifice shutting it down for one good thing but on the flip side possibly dooming our galaxy even more.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        well he is the one who ordered the supergate wormhole to be shut down thus letting the ori send anything there want through the supergate.

so IMO that was the sacrifice shutting it down for one good thing but on the flip side possibly dooming our galaxy even more.
        That's how I saw it. That's the only thing I came up with.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I just can't get over how much I enjoyed this episode. It was really well done in all areas IMO.
          It was indeed.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought it would have sucked but its the best ive ever seen
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

just finished watching and the *sigh* daniel/jack banter amazing ... that is sooo what i miss from the show ... best jack is back ep .... really well done ... i sooo want more ....

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

hands down best episode, i was at the edge of my seat the whole time and found myself questioning daniel. I never questioned daniel, ever. No doubt when season 10 goes out i wll buy it.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Such a great episode! I'm so pleasantly surprised when I can stay unspoiled about episodes. The only thing I had known about The Shroud was that RDA appears. It was only a minute before I watched the episode that I read that Daniel had been turned into a prior.

I will reiterate what many have said - loved the Jack/Daniel banter. Makes you miss the good old days. (Though because of the appearance of the anti-prior device, I was reminded that Cam and Daniel had some nice banter in the episode when the anti-prior device first appeared. Not recalling the episode name right now.)

I, too, kept wondering in the back of my mind whether Daniel was really trying to help or if it was all an elaborate plan. I liked the little fake-outs and I'm REALLY glad that it didn't end up being a trick.

Interesting that they considered Teal'c the lie detector. And Vala's explanation of why they just couldn't let Daniel go was wonderful. (Also loved her assurance that she has a plan to make a plan IF they decide to kill Daniel. )

At the end of Quest Part 2, I was a little afraid there was going to be a romance between Adria and Daniel. I'm glad it didn't go any further than her saying she understood why her mother had such affection for him and the one kiss. I don't want to know how far Daniel/Merlin would have gone to get Adria to trust...them.

Some other random thoughts:
                  --Obviously - did the weapon really wipe out all the Ori? (I'd like to think that it did.) Whether it did or not, it's obvious that the priors and the Ori followers are still going to be a big problem.
                  --Do we think that Tomin is still alive and will he be back? I LOVE HIM!!! I mean, I don't see him and Vala having a happily ever after scenario or anything, but he was such a great character. A devout man who thought he was fighting evil in the world. Can he help in the current fight?
                  --Daniel/Merlin explained to Sam how to hack into the Ori ships to fly them. Maybe they'll get one of those for the SGC - ever-so-briefly. (They never were successful at keeping a Ha'tak mothership, were they?)
                  --If indeed the Ori are gone, will we see any Ancients? I'm sure they wouldn't lift a finger to help against the Ori followers, but I'd be curious to know if there is/will be any acknowledgment for what SG-1 has done. Or if they could give confirmation about whether the Ori have been wiped out. It seems that the Ori have had it in for the Ancients all along. (I love that SG-1 has assisted in the downfall of the Gou'ald system lords, in helping the Asgard against their greatest enemy - the Replicators, and now in fighting the Ancients' greatest rivals - the Ori.)
                  --Will we ever see Morgan Le Fay again? Find out what her punishment was for helping Daniel Jackson?

That's all I can think of for now.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    Merlin in his head, protecting him?
                    How could merlin protect him from the whole ori. They are millions of ascended beings and merlin is just one unascended ancient who was getting weaker.

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                      How could merlin protect him from the whole ori. They are millions of ascended beings and merlin is just one unascended ancient who was getting weaker.

the ori can't act in the milky way, they only build in a fail safe when they make the priors the way they are. I'm guessing that if merlin can stop it from being full time, he can also block out the fail safe.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioMouse View Post
                        the ori can't act in the milky way, they only build in a fail safe when they make the priors the way they are. I'm guessing that if merlin can stop it from being full time, he can also block out the fail safe.
                        Yes but dat fail safe is the ori actin just under the ancients radar

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          BTW, I didn't see anything the least resembling an "ultimate sacrifice" on Jack's part. What the heck were the spoilers talking about?
                          One might argue opening the Supergate....? No, I think that was merely Sky1 trying to advertise the episode more.

Something I don't get about the remifications for Dominion. Spoilers, naturally.
                          Spoiler:
                          Adria's in Dominion. Now, the rest of the fleet could have moved to the MW based on prior (er, bad pun intended) instructions, if Adria hasn't woken up yet. But, assuming the Orii are gone, what's her motivation in continuing the crusade?
                          Please... elt it not be revenge. Please?
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                            Yes but dat fail safe is the ori actin just under the ancients radar
                            That's just speculation; it's been repeatedly stated on the show that if the Ori were to come to the MW, they would have to face the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              That's just speculation; it's been repeatedly stated on the show that if the Ori were to come to the MW, they would have to face the Ancients.
                              And yet they don't stop them trying

sigpic

Comment

They (Ori) haven't tried to come to the MW, just their followers.

And the Ancients don't interfere on our plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X