Bounty (1015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinysign View Post
    This was a good episode, with the episode itself I had no problems, I enjoyed it. But with show continuity I had trouble with it.

If anyone with money and resources such as the head of any Ori or Jaffa, etc, any big bad guy could just call bounty hunters, and lots and lots of them, all with special technologies such as mimicking the look of others, hidden weapons and remote ships, then SG-1 would have been dead by the end of season 1.

Seriously, all their enemies would have just hired bounty hunters. The result would be like this episode except always, not only would they be fighting bad guys, but they would be attacked by trained bounty hunters who want money.

I know there were some things they tried to add to show that the circumstances were special, such as them all being 'tagged' and the way the politics were. I understand that - what I am saying is it would not be enough to stop the bounty hunters.

I mean look at what they did on earth in this episode - cloaked ships, shape shifting, voice manipulation, they would infiltrate the Stargate base with little to no problem.

So all I am saying is that I will have to imagine this episode contained within itself, and imagine there is not a giant group of bounty hunters out there, because name a bad guy who hated SG-1, there are many, and according to this episode if they had spent a little of their enormous amounts of wealth to put out a bounty, SG-1 would constantly have to battle bounty hunters in addition to the normal bad guy. The system lords could each put a 20 planet reward for SG-1, every bounty hunter in the galaxy would be right after them, and given the level of technology shown in this show, really wouldn't have a problem getting to SG-1 at all.

I am just one for entire show continuity, not making a show that disrupts the logic of earlier and later shows. But at the same time, I realize it's just a show and I did enjoy it minus that part. But do you see what I mean here?
    Yup, I see. And thus my issues with S9 and by extension S10.

What bugged me was they would have had to get everyone at the reunion to sign - and abide by - nondisclosure forms. Not a chance.

Had the same issues
    Spoiler:
    with them beaming the naquadria building into space in the Baal clone ep. Even if people were blocks away, they'd have seen the beam's light show. And... there was no rubble.

Oy.

The best part of this ep by far was Vala and Mitchell's friend. And that had nothing to do with Stargate.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I liked this episode. Had some funny bits to it.
      sigpic

Comment

I have only one question about this episode: Why isn't Aris Boch in it??????? This would have been a great opportunity to bring him back in to the story arc. He's a funny guy!

Overall, great episode. I thought Vala was a little over-the-top at times, but part of that is just her character. Still, some great laughs along the way. I thought the bit of Sam and Dr. Lee at the convention discussing how they had to introduce the pretend 'prototypes' of all the alien technologies and pretend they don't work as well as they do was an interesting insight. After all, they can't just tell the general public that this is alien technology. At any rate, I thought it was a nice touch.
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

I had no idea Ben looked so good in a suit.

Comment

um, how did they use rings in a public area without attracting press scrutiny
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I guess the Navy has its ways to keep things quiet. Plausible deniability and all that. I enjoyed this one, though. Nice to see Cam get some action.
              sigpic

Comment

What a wonderful episode! Mitchell and Vala and a high school reunion, that bus that comes out of nowhere, and the conference with Lee and Sam. Great little elements. I particularly liked Amy's line about not being allowed to even think about it!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Though that always makes me wonder.. How would the SGC know they did think of it?

Comment

When Cam was on the phone in the hallway, there was a sign on it that said "Damian Kindler for Class Treasurer." Nice to see the producers stick their names in the show, like they did on Star Trek with Gene Roddenberry as the Federation President.

normal_sg1_1015_0899.JPG

Comment

I love S10. I really think its one of the best seasons ever done on SG1 but it seem they just gave up after Shroud. Bounty is a hard episode to believe Being a person who has studied radiation I can not believe the SGC would be able to let SG1 being exposed to radiation be overlooked. Thier is no way they would be let out of quarantine without being measured as background radiation levels. Even more unbelieveable is how the SGC could get a whole class reunion to stay quiet about the alien scenes they saw when the bounty hunters were going after SG1. It was not a bad idea. The mechanism to execute the episode was unbelievable and laughable much like most Lucian Alliance episodes. This episode could be saved if the Cam character building portion was decent but it wasn't. Another character and has/her failed romance. It has been done with almost every SG1 main character that it is almost a bad cliche
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

For an ep that is mostly earth based it was pretty good.

It was interesting seeing all the different assassination attempts on SG-1. Daniel's and Sam's being the best. I would have liked to have seen them implement that ray gun technology onto the Odyssey and other ships. Maybe the F-302's.

That Lucian Alliance guy at the end. Is it the same character from SGU? I know it's the same actor but does he play I different person?
                        sigpic

Comment

This episode made me think that if they had expanded the Baal arc and the Lucien arc, we would not have needed the Ori at all.
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                            That Lucian Alliance guy at the end. Is it the same character from SGU? I know it's the same actor but does he play I different person?
                            Same actor, different roles.

In SG1, he played Odai Ventrell in "Bounty"
                            In SG1, he played Colonel Chernovshev in "Full Alert".
                            In SGA, he played Kiryk.
                            In SGU, he played Varro.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Awesome ep. When I saw the title, I remembered it was one I liked, but couldn't actually think which one it was!
                              So some things surprised me, which is good.
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                Just finished the episode. Damn did Vala look hot in the ep, Sam also looked hot in that dress. You don't see that very often. I thought Bounty was going to be worse than it was. I give it a **1/2. 5 episodes left of the legacy.
                                Nothing much more to say, except we saw some rubber-faced aliens.

Tomorrow, SG-1 becomes the enemy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X