No announcement yet.

Company of Thieves (1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mean half literally. I mean, you really can't write to please the fans, because the fans don't share one brain.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      I didn't mean half literally. I mean, you really can't write to please the fans, because the fans don't share one brain.
      Oh, I know that, but there's always one that's most vocal and that's the one I'd write against.
      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
      -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Does it really surprise you? People bang on every episode for one reason or another.

Personally, I thought it was great. From start to finish. I too will miss Emerson, but stuff like that does happen. Especially considering how ruthless the Lucian Alliance appears to really be.

I also loved the use of the chemical first discovered in the SG-1 episode where I took my "name" from. I'd definitely give this ep a 10/10.

Yeah even when they went back and took something we had used once before and revisited it, we hadn't used that ring pricker thing in a long time and its something everyone always asks for but no one seemed to care.

Along with a minefield that is something new.

It was really a fun episode.

Thought it was great episode after watching Memento Mori.
        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

great episode loved it lucien alliance is a good enemy. this is probably the best episode for me so far this season

Comment

[QUOTE=chazevelt][QUOTE=Zoser]
            Originally posted by chazevelt

Well, yeah, and BTW, very funny indeed. However, in terms of actual, hands-on experience, Daniel [I]has[I] been in the driver's seat of a space ship quite a lot more than any given military person. Not to mention he wasn't actually plotting courses and doing the hands-on manuvering, he was simply being a liason between the bridge and his team. Again, with more experience in anticipating what could happen, how they think, a member of the elite team. So once again, IMHO, experience outranks... well, rank. LOL. Reminds me of the time that NID jerk said (sarcastically) that he was confident having an archeologist watching his back and Daniel replied by drawing his knife and asking which end the bullets went in. In an Earth-bound war/battle scenerio, sure it would be dumb for Dr. Jackson to be in that position. But given his past experience, I'd trust him to watch my back... and anything else he cared to watch...
            I'd also expect the linguist/culteral liason to be faster on his feet. If only because he had done it before. At least once. Remember "Tangent" when they ran into a Goa'uld ship and he pretended to be the great and powerfull Oz? (With the other Goa'uld it was fine as he didn't have the cultural references to regognise the lie.)

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode! I hated to see Emerson die, but at least the spoilers warned me and I managed to shut my kids' eyes on time. I nearly cried with Sam. (BTW, I think crying was the appropriate response since she watched him die and became the ranking officer of a captured ship in that same moment.) I enjoyed the interaction between Sam and Vala. AT and CB are both so good at communicating without words, and they play off each other well. (So glad the characters are friends, not rivals.) I may be the only person on the planet who loved the "Damn you, Col. Cam Mitchell" line, but it was so cliche that I couldn't help but laugh. I also really loved seeing Teal'c get mad. He is so in control most of the time. This was a nice change. The interchange between Daniel and the tech about preparing to fire was cute, too. The Lucian Alliance are my new favorite enemies. The Ori are fine, but these guys are just so much more on our level. Of course, I prefered the replicators to the goua'ld, so I may just like secondary bad guys best.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i had no issue with daniel taking 'command' to bluff. Sam was needed in the engine room (although she was little more than vala's straightman...par for the course anymore), teal'c and cam weren't there and, hey daniel is a good bull*******.
                That's how I felt as well. The way it played, I assumed that Daniel was specifically told by Sam that there was the possibility that he would have to stall for them so he went and sat there just in case. Plus, shortly afterwards we saw Daniel and Mitchell walking the hallways to meet up with Sam and Vala so I didn't have a problem believing that he was just up there to stall and then once done, he let someone better qualified to actually control, operate, and fly the ship to take over.
                Last edited by Racingtime; 16 September 2006, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zoser
                  guess that must be the answer instead of "We need someone to drive this barge - I know let's get the archeologist!"
                  Originally Posted by Maxum
                  Daniel wasn't trying to drive the barge, he was trying to stall and communicate with the other ship. Communication, debate, diplomacy, and stalling is something Daniel is more than qualified to handle. He never took the chair to actually try and FLY the ship. I believe he was called over when the other ship hailed them.
                  Originally posted by nccjones
                  I understand why you would think that, but really, the Air Force is not going to let a civilian (let alone an archeologist) command an Air Force vessel no matter what his experience on an elite team is. Of course I'm just going by the Navy since I'm in the Navy, but the only time I've seen a civilian take command of a Navy ship is when the port authorities come onboard to guide a ship into certain ports, but that's always with the CO, XO and OOD overseeing it.

Emerson was the only one killed, I just find it totally unbelievable that there was no second in command of the ship (or any kind of chain of command on the bridge) unless it was Major Marks, but then he should have automatically sat in the CO's chair. I know they were doing repairs, but that's why there is something called General Quarters...all personnel have their own stations. Scenarios are always in place if the Captain can no longer be in command.

I have to keep telling myself to just enjoy the show for what it is...entertainment, and it's still good entertainment. I'm really going to miss it
                  This is my point originally - Someone needs to be in command and it should be a trained officer of that ship if available.
                  Sure then Daniel can do his diplomatic communication thing but someone on a military installation needs to run the show. The old chain of command thing that O'Neill insisted on.
                  Last edited by Zoser; 16 September 2006, 08:59 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                    Actually, it would seem that Danny is the only one who has any sort of "control" over Vala's antics.
                    Well if that's the case, then I frankly don't see why she would have any business being a member of SG-1. If she can't be paired up with anyone besides Daniel because he's the only one she'll listen to then that would mean that the rest of the team couldn't fully count on her to get the job done or back them up in the moments that Daniel can't be there by her side.

I agree with Dani as well in that I don't see Aeryn and John when Vala and Mitchell interact. Granted I've only seen a couple Farscape episodes (just couldn't get into it) but it was their choice to add both actors onto the show and having decided that, they can't be afraid to have the two of them interact just because some fans aren't able to separate the characters from two different shows.

Comment

Watching this episode again earlier just re-affirmed how much I enjoyed it. IMO, it really was a great addition to Season 10. A lot of great moments, and a really good storyline. I sure hope we get to see more of the Lucian Alliance before this season is done.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by chazevelt
                        I liked the humor, I liked Teal'c's reactions, I liked the falling apart ship bit... *chuckles* is it just me, or did they end up seeming a little more like the A-Team in that instance... with Vala filling in for Face as their con-man who got them something that flew... mostly... (ah, but if I begin to date myself... sorry...)

Oh wow, I had the exact same reaction! Vala seemed to be mirroring Face Man and Murdock all at once. But I loved it!
                        Heh! For some reason, I was getting a Han Solo vibe, probably because of the junky stuff she was able to acquire and then had to kick start.

And I really, really want that jacket she was wearing

Originally posted by Racingtime
                        I agree with Dani as well in that I don't see Aeryn and John when Vala and Mitchell interact. Granted I've only seen a couple Farscape episodes (just couldn't get into it) but it was their choice to add both actors onto the show and having decided that, they can't be afraid to have the two of them interact just because some fans aren't able to separate the characters from two different shows.
                        I've seen every Farscape episode AT least 3 times (some a lot more) and I can say, without a doubt, there is no John/Aeryn vibe between Ben and Claudia. There is a Ben and Claudia vibe that I've seen at conventions, the one that shows them to be very comfortable with each other, but no J/A stuff. John was crazy a lot of the time--and not "Cambo" crazy, but certifiable almost Baltar crazy. Other than the leather, there was nothing about Aeryn that's like Vala.

I do think, though, that the producers kept them apart on purpose for awhile. Whether it was to avoid inevitable John/Aeryn comparisons, or if it's because the actors themselves have very good chemistry, I don't know. I do see more Cam/Vala interaction these days and that's nice, but it's obvious that Vala has her sights set on Daniel in whatever capacity she can get him, either romance or friendship.

Originally posted by Gate gal
                        I may be the only person on the planet who loved the "Damn you, Col. Cam Mitchell" line, but it was so cliche that I couldn't help but laugh. .
                        I'm the 2nd only person who liked that line too. I loved it actually because it made me laugh.
                        Last edited by esoap524; 16 September 2006, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Racingtime
                          Well if that's the case, then I frankly don't see why she would have any business being a member of SG-1. If she can't be paired up with anyone besides Daniel because he's the only one she'll listen to then that would mean that the rest of the team couldn't fully count on her to get the job done or back them up in the moments that Daniel can't be there by her side.
                          By "control" I mean toning her down a bit, not making sure she doesn't blow up the Earth or screw up monumentally like that.

In other words, she would probably act "professional" with the others as well, but probably more flippant/undiplomatic/old Vala-like.

EDIT: I liked the "Damn you" line too! Like I said, this episode reminded me how SG1 is about fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            EDIT: I liked the "Damn you" line too! Like I said, this episode reminded me how SG1 is about fun.
                            Same here. I loved that line at the end there. I laughed my a** off.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The "damn you" line was the only redeeming thing about the episode for me. It was indeed very funny. The rest of the episode was just boring, lazy, and cringe-worthy, I thought. I had very little fun watching this, but I still eagerly look forward to next week's show.
                              Theoretically spoilerish:
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, it seem's to be the first episode in ages where every member of sg1 played their part as a team. They do seem to be a real team now with the way they interact.
                                I was really sad about Emerson as he was a likeable character, I was impressed with Sam's reaction to his death (great acting A.T), and now Im curious to see if we get a real hard-faced b@stard to captain the Odyssey in the near future.
                                one things for sure WE NEED MORE SHIPS (and i dont mean relationships).
                                I loved seeing Teal'c smack the crap out of three guys at the first chance he got, loved seeing Vala showing Sam that sometimes Gou'uld technology just needs a bit of a kick or shove, and i really loved the "Damn you Cam Mitchell" line.........cheesy as hell but very funny.
                                Sometimes people forget that there is room in sg1 for a bit of cheese, If I want constant tension and straight faces in my sci-fi I'll find it elsewhere.
                                This episode is another reason that makes me question the logic of the series being axed............Oh i forgot THERE IS NO LOGIC.

this is your correspondent from England signing off..................

Comment

Working...
                                X