Company of Thieves (1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kracker
    Because she doesnt have any where near as much chemistry with either of those than she does with the guy playing Daniel?
    At this point, how can anyone tell? I mean, since you could probably count on one hand that lost a few fingers how many times they let her team up with either Teal'c or Sam.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh
      The aliens are not speaking english, its the universal translator.

AKA - lazy writers who think it's funny to hear aliens say they "screwed up" and the ever hilarious "damn you, Cam Mitchell!" I think the translator comes with a built in yuk yuk button.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean Engineer
        And that gun going off in space? I don't care if Lucian Alliance guns work in space, he should've been dead within seconds of materializing in space, no time to think or fire his gun. He should've exploded, but that would've been gruesome.
        No he shouldn't that's the hollywood nonsense. You don't start really dying until you run out of oxygen. You don't explode, your blood doesn't boil, you don't insta freeze. You live for a few terrible minuttes at most before you fade out, like they showed us.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...rs/970603.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          AKA - lazy writers who think it's funny to hear aliens say they "screwed up" and the ever hilarious "damn you, Cam Mitchell!" I think the translator comes with a built in yuk yuk button.
          i must have short term memory loss, because i've tried to green you 3 times today, only to be told i had to spread the wealth around. so, here's your faux green!

sorry for the OTness, but i just had to celebrate the coolness that is dani347

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm waiting on pins and needles for the built in laugh track.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Well, you could call it lazy, I think they just didn't think about it because its normal parlance to them. Much like Data on STNG wasn't supposed to use contractions, but it slipped several times because its not normal for them.

Personally I think its totally irrelevant, but we all got hangs up over different things.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                It was a good episode but what is with the killing off of recurring characters! Can't they kill redshirts instead of people we start getting used to? I mean, is the payroll too high when you use recurring characters! I'm still pissed about the other recurring they've killed in the last year, specifically Jacob/Selmak, Chekov and Pendergast.
                Presumably the influence of Martin "If we kill someone irrelevant in the background, not only will they think we'll bump of one of main actors but I'll be a big writer when I grow up!" Gero

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                  The guy that got beamed in space should have been dead instantly. I kind of rolled my eyes on that one.
                  Except he shouldn't. You roll your eyes at the way the world is - its hard being a writer sometimes. (See previous link)

Comment

And what? You want the writers to turn this into Farscape or something with aliens yelling "Frell you" and all that. Its amazing how some of you get annoyed by the most inconsequential little things. With such irritable fans, who needs enemies?
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      And what? You want the writers to turn this into Farscape or something with aliens yelling "Frell you" and all that. Its amazing how some of you get annoyed by the most inconsequential little things. With such irritable fans, who needs enemies?

Oh, please. No, really, please. First, ever hear the expression 'God is in the details'? Those "inconsequential little things" help add to the realism (and don't bring up that this is scifi. Even scifi has to have its own realism) of the show. Lets see, I think Sky said the alien could have said something like "I made a mistake" or "an error" and I'm sure they could have found some more formal thing to say instead of "Damn you, Cam Mitchell" without using Farscape language, or even their own made up words. Or, they could have just cut that stupid, playing for laughs (laughing to keep from crying at the idiocy, I suppose) line altogether.

It's amazing how some people feel the need to make a big deal out of what other people discuss about a tv show.

If the episode as a whole had grabbed me, I probably wouldn't pay any attention to the language part. Well, no, I'm lying. The language is my thing. I always think of Daniel as a linguist first. But, if the episode had grabbed me, I wouldn't pay as much attention to the language issues.

edited to make sense.
                      Last edited by Dani347; 16 September 2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I'm not the one making a big deal out of something here.

"Damn you, Cam Mitchell!!" was too on the nose for me as well. It was cliche and unnecessary.

But if your complaining about how aliens on the show use our terminology then you shouldn't be complaining about this episode alone.

I prefer "I screwed up" over some cheesy, cringe worthy Alien swear word from say "Space Race"
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, after reading the last bunch of posts, I am beginning to see why SciFi cancelled SG-1.....and don't be surprised if Atlantis doesn't make it to episode 100. Since so many of you are putting down the writing, please keep me apprised of your own endeavors in the field of TV screenplays or even Fanfic. I am always looking for a good read.
                          Last edited by Lida; 16 September 2006, 03:25 PM.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

You're making a big deal out of the apparent big deal I'm making of the episode. The fact that my reaction to the episode is worth a post that is entirely about my reaction to the episode seems to be overkill.

And, I didn't take an oath that I would only react to things if I could consistantly react the same way in each episode. I reserve the right to hate one thing in an episode and absolutely love the same thing in another. And, to like when one character does something, and get annoyed when another character does it. It may not be fair, but I'm okay with that.

Well, after reading the last bunch of posts, I am beginning to see whySciFi cancelled SG-1.....and don't be surprised if Atlantis doesn't make it to episode 100. Since so many of you are putting down the writing, please keep me apprised of your own endeavors in the field of TV screenplays or even Fanfic. I am always looking for a good read.
                            Uh, you don't need to be a writer to critique writing. Or else, why have an audience? Might as well only let writers read books or watch tv shows/movies/plays. But, I'd be happy to send a link to my fanfic if it somehow makes me more qualified to express my opinions on the show.

Comment

I was merely pointing something out to you, I was debating. Man, this place has become so hostile these days...
                              sigpic

Comment

Well it seems the majority loved the episode and thats music to my ears. I hated how many people bashed Memento Mori as I thought it was great and really showcased Claudia's acting ability as "Lifeboat" showcased Michael's. I loved this episode. I was shocked and saddened at Emersons death as I really liked him but I loved everything about this ep. I am so sick and tired of everyone picking apart not seeing the gate in every ep and the Paring of Mticheel/Teal'c and Vala/Daniel. I love those pairings and feel they mesh so well together. I really love this ep and I can't wait for Quest part 1 and Return part 1. The only thing is th ****ing 6 month hiatus! DAMN YOU SCIFI! KISS MY MICKTA!
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X