No announcement yet.

Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wht ever happened to tht Asgard ship, it wasn't destoryed was it ??

Comment

It probably was, otherwise it likely would have been helping. I think in this situation the Asgard wouldn't just up and leave when the attack was over and assess "There are survivors in places and their life support is holding at a minimal capacity, with one of our members onboard one of the Earth ships. 'Bye!"
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

it was definetly destroyed otherwise he would of been aboard it in the episode and it wasent on the censors when they were looking to see the ships so it was destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by DRHOUSE
          I enjoyed the episode except for the bit when mitchell brings carter into the ship that bit was terrible it was just mitchell showing off
          Showing off? Not IMO. If you have the skills, use them. Obviously, Mitchell has the skills. Besides, I thought he was completely humble about it afterwards. Both to Emerson and to Carter herself.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, I can maybe buy the writers (RCC in this case?) showing off through Mitchell, but Mitchell himself wasn't written as someone who was showing off himself. To me, showing off would have been him bragging and acting conceited about it.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              Yeah, I can maybe buy the writers (RCC in this case?) showing off through Mitchell, but Mitchell himself wasn't written as someone who was showing off himself. To me, showing off would have been him bragging and acting conceited about it.
              Exactly!! He just said you get lucky sometimes. I really respected how he downplayed it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yay SG-1 is back. And pretty soon ill have a review up for the permier of SGA !!!!
                Anyways this season 10 premier was brilliant !!!! way better than last years premier (Which is probably the worst SG-1 season opener in the terms of action and stuff since it was setting up Mitchell's character).
                Anyways this ep reused the old child with all the knowledge of our enemy cliché again but it doesnt matter since Adria is a great character and I cant wait to see her when she's 'fully grown' and although we already had Shifu the harsesis child Adria is well cooler cos she's evil .
                We got more space battles. With the stupid Lucian Alliance thinking itself masters of the galaxy. tut tut.
                All the cast regulars survived just as we would expet them too and I guess this season is definatly going to be much better with Claudia black as a cast regular !!!!
                All in all a spectacular return to form. And was definatly worth the long wait for the conclusion of last seasons cliffhanger. 7/10

P.S: Would type more but im about to watch the SGA premier.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

do we now hoo Transport off the Korolev

:bratac: vs

Comment

The Asgard ship was destroyed - otherwise Kvasir could have just beamed over to it, and beam Carter onto that ship.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by OutThere
                      Sam drifting in space, and her rescue. The writers should get extra points for originality on this one. But I do have a question. If she is adrift, she is in motion, right? Couldn't Cam have just "parked" the ship near her and let her float into the hangar?
                      Not necessarily. She just doesn't have any ability to accelerate in space. She could have remained at zero velocity and still be in space. And the parking in space may be more difficult to do. If the ship was "parked" while Sam was still moving, in her Newtonian reference frame, the ship would still be moving and with such a large mass, it's momemtum would still hit her. And it would take forever to reorient a large ship precisely so that Sam's velocity vector was pointing into the ship hull and then request the ship to stop exactly. On earth car's come to a stop because of friction. The ship in space would have to keep on playing with the reverse thrust and forward thrust to stop itself (to say the Supergate origin) and the thrust may be too imprecise for Sam's safety. It was probably safe for Sam to board the ship in the time frame when the ship's speed was very close to her own so that the ship wouldn't provide too much force to bring her to the ship's velocity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                        That is how I saw the scene as well... I can't believe so many people are upset by that scene. I never even saw/thought of it as a way for Mitchell to "show off" his flying ability.

I saw it as a very risky manuever that he didn't want to ask Marks to make... If he did let Marks pilot the vessel and Marks did hit Carter and killed her then who's fault is it? It would be Marks... it would completely end his career as a pilot. Not to mention the fact that he is responsible for killing "a legend" as all SG-1 are... and the planet's expert on Stargate technology.

If Mitchell took over, if anything happened it would all fall on him. I certainly didn't see it as... "Ohh I'm the best pilot on the ship, let me do it!" and I certainly would never have thought of that if I didn't read the forums.

I simply saw it as a way to let Marks off the hook incase anything bad happened...

Ace
                        Then I would have preferred something like:
                        Mitchell: Let's go in and get her.
                        Marks: uh, sir--that will require precision piloting and I don't know if I can...
                        Mitchell: It's ok Marks, I've done some simulations over the last year and think I just might be able to pull it off. Besides, we can't just leave Sam out there, can we?

Edit: If they hadn't been so consistently pushing Mitchell forward last season, I'd be less sensitive to Mitchell doing the rescue this time. That said, it was a cool move.

Comment

I thought Mitchell was curtious to Marks...

[Sam is stranded in space, while Mitchell and the Odyssey crew are trying to rescue her.]
                          Lt. Col. Carter: If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, it won't work.
                          Lt. Col. Mitchell: Marks, do you mind? [takes piloting controls] Hang on Sam, we're coming to get you.
                          [Odyssey starts moving towards Sam.]
                          Lt. Col. Carter: Oh, boy.
                          Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                            That is how I saw the scene as well... I can't believe so many people are upset by that scene. I never even saw/thought of it as a way for Mitchell to "show off" his flying ability.

I saw it as a very risky manuever that he didn't want to ask Marks to make... If he did let Marks pilot the vessel and Marks did hit Carter and killed her then who's fault is it? It would be Marks... it would completely end his career as a pilot. Not to mention the fact that he is responsible for killing "a legend" as all SG-1 are... and the planet's expert on Stargate technology.

If Mitchell took over, if anything happened it would all fall on him. I certainly didn't see it as... "Ohh I'm the best pilot on the ship, let me do it!" and I certainly would never have thought of that if I didn't read the forums.

I simply saw it as a way to let Marks off the hook incase anything bad happened...

Ace
                            Same with me. The thought of Cam showing off didn't even cross my mind. I thought that he was a little foolish at first, for doing it himself and not letting the guy who's job it is to do it. I thought that he just wasn't thinking because he was too concerned for Sam's safety and wanted to do it himself because it would make him feel better, but after reading both your post and ChillinTheMost's post, your explanation makes more sense to me.
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                              Absolutely. He was more concerned for Sam's safety than anything else at that moment. I said in the post above, maybe he was a little too concerned which would be why he wanted to do it himself. But the explanation that he didn't want it to be on Marks' shoulders if anything went wrong is a little more plausable, IMO.
                              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
                                Absolutely. He was more concerned for Sam's safety than anything else at that moment. I said in the post above, maybe he was a little too concerned which would be why he wanted to do it himself. But the explanation that he didn't want it to be on Marks' shoulders if anything went wrong is a little more plausable, IMO.
                                And we know he knows what it's like to follow an order and have it go terribly, terribly wrong: he bombed the innocent civilian caravan upon orders - and he still lives with that guilt. I'm sure he vowed to never give an order that would cause someone else that kind of guilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X