No announcement yet.

Insiders (1004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually quite curious to see what happens to Barrett, I've always really liked him as a character and I loved the tension between him and Carter. Guess only time will tell, but I do hope we see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Gnatty-Bug
      I'm actually quite curious to see what happens to Barrett, I've always really liked him as a character and I loved the tension between him and Carter. Guess only time will tell, but I do hope we see him again.
      I rather like Barrett also. Wonder if the Zatarc detector can help?

I'd still rather him have been a goa'uld without naquada. And left with Baal serving as an underlord.

Poor carter doesn't have much luck with guys, does she?

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

My reaction to Insiders:

Comment

I loved this episode; it was exciting and full of funny lines. I loved the interaction between the characters.
          I really liked the conversation between Carter and Barrette when Barrette yelled at her and hit his hand on the table.
          I loved the line from Baal “I know they won’t negotiate not even for you “about Carter.
          I am so glad we are finally getting to see Carter be Carter again.
          About the scene with Carter and the Baal’s… It was "NOT" out of character. Carter was not going to give up anything for her own benefit. She only gave in when Baal was going to kill Barrett, and then only because she thought there was no way they could get off the base.
          I noticed that Mitchell said he didn’t have control of the team because Carter is the same rank as him, Vala listens to no one, Teal’c is an alien and Jackson is a civilian. I think this line was just to appease the fans that think Carter should be the leader of SG-1. In which I am a strong believer. Too little too late!
          So far season 10 beats season 9 1000%.
          It really feels more like the old show.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            I liked that the writers finally put it into canon that Mitchel is NOT the team leader. He was kinda sweet the way he said that he and Carter were the same rank and that Daniel and Teal'c were both civilians - really, he hasn't got any troops to lead.
            I hated that... I blanched and said out loud: "See! They said that because they were too p*ssy to say that he's in charge... I bet that'll make the Anti- fans so happy."

lol

Comment

Originally posted by yowo

I loved this episode; it was exciting and full of funny lines. I loved the interaction between the characters.
              I really liked the conversation between Carter and Barrette when Barrette yelled at her and hit his hand on the table.
              I loved the line from Baal “I know they won’t negotiate not even for you “about Carter.
              I am so glad we are finally getting to see Carter be Carter again.
              About the scene with Carter and the Baal’s… It was "NOT" out of character. Carter was not going to give up anything for her own benefit. She only gave in when Baal was going to kill Barrett, and then only because she thought there was no way they could get off the base.
              I noticed that Mitchell said he didn’t have control of the team because Carter is the same rank as him, Vala listens to no one, Teal’c is an alien and Jackson is a civilian. I think this line was just to appease the fans that think Carter should be the leader of SG-1. In which I am a strong believer. Too little too late!
              So far season 10 beats season 9 1000%.
              It really feels more like the old show.
              I really enjoyed it too! I also enjoyed season 9 but I agree that season 10 is getting better week by week. Is it Friday yet?
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Gnatty-Bug
                Military Generals don't say stuff just to make someone happy - trust me, I've met a few. Hell, most officers in the military don't say stuff to make someone feel better. But that's not my point.
                I am amongst the group that thought what Carter did was very out of character, and entirely wrong. I quote the code of conduct, article one, three, and five:
                I am an American fighting in the forces that guard my country and our way of life, I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
                If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
                Should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability.

My point being, she's an officer in the USAF, she's learned this - probably had it beaten into her head while she was at the academy, and even at the cost of the lives of people around her, she should not of given that information so freely. What can I say, I'm a military elitist...
                Other than that, I really enjoyed the episode =3

Agree with you on all points. The first thing that popped into my mind is that every person in the SGC, military or not, knows the risks of working there. I just concluded that they would lay down there lives for the safety and security of Earth. That's why I felt it was completely out of character for Sam to just agree to give up the access codes because Barrett's life was in danger. Sure, she didn't want to see him die but she has a duty to uphold. And let's face it, I wouldn't exactly go ballistic if he ended up as a red shirt.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

my take on 'insiders'

it was alright, but that's how i've voted for every ep so far.

maybe because i'd been told what to expect, it wasn't so bad (in what some were upset about).

i think sam telling baal that she'd download the stuff when he threatened a hostage (barrett) was so she'd stop him from killing him right then and there. but, i also saw that she purposely slowed down the d/ling to buy even more time (she couldn't stop baal from immediately starting the killing any other way i believe).

as for the leadership issue... keeping in mind that next weeks could cause a stroke in me...

i saw sam leading too. and that's better than cam THE leader. yeah, i'm settling, but the entire show is settling for second best now (for me).

and believe it or not, i enjoyed this ep more than last weeks. i might be one of the only ppl on this planet to not really like 'peg project'. i liked this one better (but in no way loved).

now, for the characters:

i'm sorry to admit, but i didn't really miss daniel (sorry daniel). i think because there's so many characters now, that even one missing gives more time for the others. shouldn't be like this.

vala i'm liking more, and i loved her interaction with sam.

baal is baal. sexy, evil, sneaky.

landry was fine. i've always felt his authority.

barrett is another admirer of sam's. same old.

mitchell is acting more like an officer. i asked for this last season, so at least i can't complain when he actually starts acting like one. (still want him off MY show)

sam. i (finally) got more sam. ((())) i didn't have had any probs with what she did (downloading). i didn't have a prob with it in 'gemini' either. i found sam in character.

now, what i didn't like:

barrett used as admirer material. sam/other, no matter if it's one-sided, is something i've had so much of that it leaks out of my brain while the ep airs. so yeah, i'm tired of the 'horny horde of wanna-be-sam's-man' scenario. like seriously, dude.

why is vala running around the sgc with control over anyone or anything?

questions:

was barrett really brainwashed?

was what baal had downloaded really 'that' important? i mean, weren't there a LOT of planets on that list?

did any of the baals really know where the weapon was?

were any of the baal's we saw the real one?

scenes i liked:

numerous scenes between sam and vala. like, all of them.

vala and teal'c arm wrestling thing.

sam and mitchell banter with chevron guy there.

the end 'nudge' between sam and mitchell.

like i said, i liked this ep more than last weeks.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

It was nice to see Baal again. He's been consistantly one of the most interesting SG1 villains, although the whole clone thing has worn a bit thin by now. Good team interaction, despite Daniel's absence. Foremost, Vala was outstanding in this episode, and I think she's really coming into her own and showing the team she can be one of them and be useful. Her interogation of one of the Baals was rather funny. I liked Cameron better than last week. His discussion with Landry was quite nice and showed his awareness that he isn't necessarily in charge, but that he can take charge at times. Sam had some good moments throughout, although I can't believe she didn't suspect Barrett sooner. Their whole discussion in the commisary made it seem to me like Barrett was tripping or something and I think she should've been a bit more suspicious. Teal'c had a few little moments that were good as well, and Landry's hard nose attitude has grown on me a lot. He's not quite as by the book as Hammond was and I like that (not that I wouldn't give a lot to see Hammond back, for no one can replace him).

Overall I rate it 2.5/4
                    Spoiler:
                    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Further, they made a point of saying Anubis had this same information and never found the weapon...so perhaps they were looking at it for what it was...a wash.
                      that's right. i'm now remembering her mentioning that, which gave me the impression (but i didn't remember 'why') that the info might not be the end-all/be all. but we'll see.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                        I agree. This seems to be a nasty pattern developing around Sam's character.

In Gemini, after she helped Replicarter, instead of being told that she screwed up, she was told that it wasn't her fault. So, her character didn't learn anything.

Now, after helping Ba'al, instead of being told that she screwed up, she was again told that it wasn't really her fault. Yes, it was, but she probably won't learn anything because she will need the ability to temporarily lose her mind as she does once a season next year.
                        sam didn't 'need' to be told she did something wrong; she felt it herself. in both instances.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

This episode was all right. It was humorous, especially in the beginning with all the Ba'al jokes. But once we got to the middle it just went downhill.

Why, why, why! would any guard ever let somebody see a prisoner while still possessing a weapon? That is Prison Procedure 101. God, that was so stupid. The guards at the SGC are always such morons. The guard at Ba'al's prison cell should have never let Barrett into see Ba'al with his gun in the first place.

Secondly, I can't believe people are trying to justify what Carter did. That was terrible. No military officer would (or should) ever, under any circumstances, give highly classified intelligence to an enemy like she did. It wouldn't matter if Ba'al threatened to kill every single person in the base, or that he couldn't go anywhere once he got what he wanted. That is immaterial. That intelligence is more valuable than those people. Someone with Carter's experience should know that. And it's not like Ba'al even made a credible threat, I mean geeze, Sam folded at just the mention of Barrett being killed. That was pathetic. I was even more ashamed of Landry coddling Sam and telling her she had done the right thing.
                          "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star
                            This episode was all right. It was humorous, especially in the beginning with all the Ba'al jokes. But once we got to the middle it just went downhill.

Why, why, why! would any guard ever let somebody see a prisoner while still possessing a weapon? That is Prison Procedure 101. God, that was so stupid. The guards at the SGC are always such morons. The guard at Ba'al's prison cell should have never let Barrett into see Ba'al with his gun in the first place.

Secondly, I can't believe people are trying to justify what Carter did. That was terrible. No military officer would (or should) ever, under any circumstances, give highly classified intelligence to an enemy like she did. It wouldn't matter if Ba'al threatened to kill every single person in the base, or that he couldn't go anywhere once he got what he wanted. That is immaterial. That intelligence is more valuable than those people. Someone with Carter's experience should know that. And it's not like Ba'al even made a credible threat, I mean geeze, Sam folded at just the mention of Barrett being killed. That was pathetic. I was even more ashamed of Landry coddling Sam and telling her she had done the right thing.
                            I don't think it was pathetic. I thought it was Carter stalling for time.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Between Ben, Claudia and Cliff, I am on accent overload, lovely accents though they are.

Still getting the Farscape feeling with all the cutesy smirks and gestures between Claudia and Ben.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galilahi
                                i thought this ep was ok. i like the interatction between vala and sam. we always get the male bonding "i won't leave you behind" moments but the girl moments come few and far between.

vala and teal'c arm wrestling was totally cute.

sam giving in so easy bothered me too. i think it was written more as a plot device than any refelection on her character.
                                i honestly don't know how i would have reacted to that moment, because i'd read so many others views by then that they might had influenced me. about the only thing i could 'honestly' say i didn't like was sam giving baal the codes to save 'barrett's' life (has reekings of possible sam/other ship).

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X