Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass Suicide, Kinda extreme don't you agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    that's the right answer according to RCC. He said something like that
    literally!!!
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      The mass suicide was to prevent the Ori from taking their tech in the Asgard's weakened state.

As for the minds, do we really know that they aren't in the core...?

Reasons for not including their minds in the core would be: 1.) The Asgard are millenniums-old individuals, maybe they finally figured out that they'd peaked individually and as a society. 2.) They had both their own database & the Ancient's and still couldn't solve their cloning problem, what chance do the relatively primitive Tau'ri have of solving it?
      <<eyeballs Carter's "dumb" idea>>

Hey! It worked before!

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        <<eyeballs Carter's "dumb" idea>>

Hey! It worked before!

suse
        haha

mass suicide is more dramatic, don't you think?

Comment

Nice Sig by the way, suse

Comment

It was too cheap of an out. No excuses or other such nonsense. The show was too good and for the most part well written for such a cheap method of closing the Asgard chapter.

Comment

<mod snip...don't call others dumb>

They say
              "our last ditch effort of saving our selves resulted in a catastrophic error in which all asgard are now doomed"
              paraphrased but yeh....
              So they <mod snip...the language filters are there for a reason, make your point without profanity> them selves, and said ok, that didnt work, time to move on

Why didnt we get Asgard ships?
              same reason we didnt use a planatary wide replicator gun on the assurans
              Same reason we never got big honkin space guns from the totalsn
              Same reason we have lost every ship we have ever stolen
              Same reason any very powerful tech has fallen though our fingers

they explain it in '200' people will not watch the show, if they go boom boom zap, kapow, and the enemy is gone.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 10 August 2008, 11:24 AM.

Comment

maybe there is a rogue asgard sect in universe that opposed the cloning process, that would be a good story in universe.

either way why on earth would they start cloning there bodies in the first place
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                  Same reason any very powerful tech has fallen though our fingers
                  doesnt matter if we didnt get ships, we got the asgard core

Comment

The whole 'blow up the planet' thing was understandable, but I have two complaints:

1: They did it too suddenly. They should have had Thor pop up in an earlier episode and say, "We are going to give you our legacy!" instead of throwing them in (and out) in one episode only.

2: Why didn't the Asgard wait to blow the planet up until the Odyssey was safely in hyperspace? With their wonderful technology, they only used a time-delay fuse that went off at the most wrong of times. Instead of blowing up the Ori ships, they severely weakened the Odyssey's shields--that seems to me to be way out of character for them.

Other than that, I think that, given the fact that the Asgard weren't doing too well in the first place, the situation makes sense.
                    sigpic
                    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Yea pretty extreme but i guess they just wanted a big event to happen in the finally. Also to get rid of Asguard because they were two powerful and since they were not at war with any1 at that stage there was no excuse for the asgard not to save earths asses again and again. that would be a bit boring

Comment

what I don't understand is why they BLEW UP their planet! Couldn't they have just drank the magic cool-aid? I guess they were just like "FRACK IT! we're going to die let's kill all the FRACKIN' ANIMALS AND PLANTS AND SHAT WITH US"

the asgard certainly did not go gently into that good night.
                        also I hope that every asgard agreed to that. Thor is sort of the dictator maybe he just issued a final executive order.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                          what I don't understand is why they BLEW UP their planet! Couldn't they have just drank the magic cool-aid? I guess they were just like "FRACK IT! we're going to die let's kill all the FRACKIN' ANIMALS AND PLANTS AND SHAT WITH US"

the asgard certainly did not go gently into that good night.
                          also I hope that every asgard agreed to that. Thor is sort of the dictator maybe he just issued a final executive order.
                          Thor didn't lead his people. He reported to the High Council.

Also, I don't think that the Asgard thought that, "You know, let's drink some kool-aid and leave all of our technology lying around for some primitive race to stumble upon and then later use to conquer and enslave innocents" was really a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            Thor didn't lead his people. He reported to the High Council.

Also, I don't think that the Asgard thought that, "You know, let's drink some kool-aid and leave all of our technology lying around for some primitive race to stumble upon and then later use to conquer and enslave innocents" was really a good idea.
                            well they could have turned the lights off before taking the plunge.
                            ...and i was joking about thor

Comment

I'm still wondering why they didn't just take a bunch of human slug clones, mod the hell out of their brains (the slugs) and BAM, Fresh set of Breeding Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                                I'm still wondering why they didn't just take a bunch of human slug clones, mod the hell out of their brains (the slugs) and BAM, Fresh set of Breeding Asgard.
                                i think thats what loki was doing (my guess is he escaped ragnarok and is continuing his experiments unabaded)

Comment

Working...
                                X