Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are you going to miss the most/??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of shows I currently enjoy, such as SGA, Heroes, Supernatural, Chuck, and Reaper. However, SG-1 just seemed to have a certain something none of these shows, no matter how much I like them, will ever have.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I already miss Zat's, the sound they made when starting up and also when firing.
      also the sound ring transports make.

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
        I already miss Zat's, the sound they made when starting up and also when firing.
        also the sound ring transports make.
        100% agree
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
          I'll miss the exploration aspect. That started to die around season 6..
          aw, me too. As costs went up, they explored less and less. I liked meeting the new societies and stuff like that. I didn't like how much politics got involved at that point either, though Kinsey was fun to hate.

I am really missing this show right now and I don't own any to watch. I hope I get the box set for christmas. Sam on Atlantis isn't the same either. It's the interactions I miss between her and the old team.
          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            There are a lot of shows I currently enjoy, such as SGA, Heroes, Supernatural, Chuck, and Reaper. However, SG-1 just seemed to have a certain something none of these shows, no matter how much I like them, will ever have.
            100% agree, SG-1 was a show I'd be so eager to see the next episode and the hiatus was torture, I don't get that with any other show even though I like other shows.

Comment

RDA....... but then again i have mist him allready .
              look from dictionary

Comment

"Off world Activation"
                "Incoming wormhole"
                "Close the Iris"

... The Kawoosh!

I think it would be easier to list what I'm not going to miss... Can't think of anything at the moment...

Comment

Yesterday I saw the last episode. What will I miss the most? Well, of course I wanna know what'll happen to the Ori, how the SGC will use the new Asgard Technology and so on, but c'mon. What makes Stargate great? The characters. The whole team, they're all perfect. 10/10. I'll miss 'em like hell . Well, Samantha went to Atlantis, but I propably won't be able to watch season 4 until it'll be released on DVD...

Comment

Hi all, I am new here and wanted to say I fully agree with Niteshadow's

"i will only miss what the show was during season 1-6 after that it pretty much died"

The thrill went out of it with Daniele's ascension and when they stopped putting the emphasis on exploring, making the show into a continuous war. I gave up on TV years ago, now I only watch DVD movies/series. I stayed at a Hotel in Vancouver that was across the street from the MGM studio and was surprised to see a movie studio in Canada specifically for Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. That made me wonder "what was Stargate?". When I went home I bought the first season Stargate SG1 was immediately hooked. All I need now is the 7th and 10th seasons, but not willing to pay $40. for them. There has never been a show on TV that excited me like Stargate.
                    sigpic

Comment

got to be the whole show. the charaters were perfect, the storylines were very good, just perfect. i dont agree the show died after series 6, i would still watch every series over and over. losing jack and hammond were disapointing but vala was a good addition and mitchel was an adequate replacement for jack. watch atlantis but its not the same as sg-1, the gate is much better in sg-1. cant wait to see the films

Comment

I'm going to miss so much, but for starters:

General Hammond!!! General O'Neill - The title is so sexy!

The real Samantha Carter and the very sexy Master Teal'c. Janet, Jacob and Selmak, Brata'c, Jonas, Rya'c, the Asgards, Robot-SG1, Siler, Walter. Etc, etc, etc. I never watched a show with so many great characters. <sigh>

And, like other people said, the sound of thecnology! I never really thought about it but it's true that nothing can compare with the original gate wooshing, the chevrons loking, the zats, the Goaul'd voices, etc, etc, etc. <double sigh>

To have most season on dvds is not enough, even if I knew it has to happen one day.

Claudia

Comment

I'll miss Daniel, absolutely. There is no Sg1 for me without him, I fell for him first, and then for the show. I'll miss the real Jack, not dumb, and Jack/Daniel, Daniel/Vala and Teal'c from season 7 to 10 and I'll miss all those Vancouver mountains and trees....
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                            I'll miss Daniel, absolutely. There is no Sg1 for me without him, I fell for him first, and then for the show. I'll miss the real Jack, not dumb, and Jack/Daniel, Daniel/Vala and Teal'c from season 7 to 10 and I'll miss all those Vancouver mountains and trees....
                            i agree i will miss daniel the most but i will miss the team spirt and the comedy
                            sigpic

Comment

The anticipation of sitting down to a brand new episode and wondering what culture would be uncovered, what artifact would do something cool, what would happen with (and between) the team and how they would get out of trouble this time! Made my week!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                                I basically just miss having a show on television that I can't wait to see. Now that SG-1 is gone, there isn't really anything left that I really look forward to with that kind of enthusiasm.

Luckily, I've got a lot of DVD's and old videotapes to rewatch. But it's not quite the same as seeing each episode for the first time.
                                That's it for me, too. I miss it all & the excitement of waiting for more. It was a part of my life for so long. I've had 3 kids since Stargate began!

I've tried so hard to get into Atlantis, but it just doesn't do it for me. Sg1 is it for me.
                                e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Working...
                                X